Today's Date: March 3, 2024
Please read carefully before signing.
To sign a waiver, you must be 18 or over and if this is for a minor, it must be completed and signed by a parent or legal guardian.
Signing this document means I have read and understand it entirely (not just this bold portion), and agree to its contents. My signature means, in part, that I understand participation in an activity at, or a class or program of Perfect Storm Holdings Ltd., Perfect Storm Athletics Ltd., Perfect Storm Athletics (Calgary) Ltd. or Perfect Storm Athletics (Sherwood Park) Ltd. (together, “Perfect Storm”) can be risky and dangerous, and may result in serious injury or death to me or my child, but that I will not sue or bring any action against Perfect Storm, or anyone associated with Perfect Storm.
To: Perfect Storm and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, successors and assigns
I am over the age of 18 and am participating in the activities and programs of Perfect Storm (I shall also be referred to as "Participant".) and agree to the contents of this document.
AND / OR
I, (the “Guardian”), do hereby grant permission for the individual(s), who is (are) under 18 years of age and of whom I am a legal guardian (the "Participant"), to participate in the activities and programs held by Perfect Storm, and agree to the contents of this document.
If you are signing this document on behalf of a minor, you are (i) telling us that you are in fact that minor’s legal guardian, and (ii) you are making the following acknowledgements on both your and that minor’s behalf.
- Assumption of Risk. I acknowledge that all programs and activities of Perfect Storm including, but not limited to cheerleading, dance, tumbling and fitness classes, team training, practices, open gyms, performances, competitions, demonstrations, parades, community promotions, virtual on-line training and traveling to and from such activities, whether held at the premises of Perfect Storm or elsewhere, and no matter how or where the travel is conducted (collectively referred to as the "Activities") are physical activities that involve running, jumping, kicking, lifting, rotation, and coordinated body movements. I acknowledge that a) the Activities themselves are inherently dangerous and b) preparation for and travel to the Activities involve constant exposure to Perfect Storm staff, other participants and staff, and uncontrolled environments or conditions including but not limited to locker rooms and third party transportation (“Ancillary Activities”). I acknowledge and agree that participation by the Participant in the Activities and Ancillary Activities includes the potential that the Participant suffers, among other things, serious bodily injury, serious illness (including COVID-19), paralysis and death (the “Risks”). It is entirely my voluntary and informed choice that the Participant take part in the Activities and Ancillary Activities, and I knowingly accept the Risks and all consequences associated therewith.
- Waiver. In exchange for being allowed to participate in the Activities, I (on my own behalf, on the Participant’s behalf as applicable, and on behalf of any next of kin, executor, administrator, or other assign of both myself and the Participant, where applicable) (collectively the “Successors”) do hereby fully release Perfect Storm (including any of Perfect Storm’s professional advisors, owners or occupiers of property, employees, agents, officers, directors, representatives, administrators or other assigns) (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, claims and causes of action arising from any injury, damage or loss that I (or the Participant) may sustain as a result of any circumstances arising out of, connected with, or in any way associated with or related to the Participant's participation in the Activities or Ancillary Activities. I understand this means I am waiving my right to sue the Released Parties for any claim related to the Participant, whether caused by the negligence of the Released Parties or otherwise. This is a complete and irrevocable release and waiver, and I covenant and agree not to bring any such claim.
- Indemnity. I agree to indemnify, hold harmless and defend the Released Parties from any and all claims arising out of, connected with, or in any way associated with or related to the Participant's participation in the Activities or Ancillary Activities, regardless of who brings that claim. This indemnification includes, but is not limited to, legal fees.
- Medical Authorization. In the case that the Participant sustains an injury or medical emergency during the Activities or Ancillary Activities, the owners, directors, staff, or other associated representatives of Perfect Storm are authorized to act for the Participant, according to their judgment, which includes seeking immediate treatment and / or the necessary emergency care for the Participant. This authorization DOES NOT require a prior determination of a threat to the Participant’s life or a danger of serious permanent injury to the Participant. I hereby hold the owners, directors, staff or other associated representatives of Perfect Storm harmless in the exercise of this authority. I authorize and agree to pay for any expenses incurred by Perfect Storm in the exercise of this authority, including any such costs for emergency transport or treatment. If the Participant is participating in a virtual on-line training, no medical attention is immediately available and participants should stop if they feel discomfort.
- Authorization for Photo/Video Use & use of contact info. I authorize Perfect Storm to use photographs, video recordings or any other likeness of the Participant in its promotional or sales materials, advertisements, web site, Facebook, or the like, and I hereby waive any right to compensation or any claim of ownership to such likeness. I agree to receiving a follow up email from Perfect Storm, understanding that I have the ability to opt out of all further emails. If the Participant is active on a Perfect Storm cheer or dance team, I also authorize Perfect Storm to release my contact information to the parents association, team "Mom" / representative and coaches for purposes of providing fundraising & related information to me and for communicating with me regarding Activities or Ancillary Activities.
- GYM RULES & Policies. I have read, understand and agree to the Perfect Storm Gym Rules & Policies below and to the Refund Policy posted in the gyms, Handbooks and website. I understand they are designed for the safety and protection of me / the Participant and I hereby agree to inform my child (the Participant) of the risks of the Activities and Ancillary Activities and the importance of abiding by the Rules & Policies.
- Use of the equipment (including Tumbl Trak, climbing ropes, blocks, etc.) is strictly forbidden without the proper supervision of a qualified Perfect Storm Athletics coach.
- The Supervising Coach is in charge. The Supervising Coach has the authority to refuse or expel anyone from the gym.
- Horseplay, rude behavior, shouting, swearing and bullying is not tolerated.
- Open Gym is for ages 7 and up. Participants need to be able to train safely and independently without parental guidance.
- Parents, family members and visitors are not allowed past the "purple line" in the parent viewing area unless with the advanced permission / direction of a gym owner or Supervising Coach.
- All accidents/incidents must be immediately reported to the Supervising Coach or gym owner.
- All equipment must be returned to its original place by the user.
- No flips or head-first or prone entries into the pit (no head or prone falls). Feet-first only.
- Any skill which is unfamiliar to a Participant must not be performed without supervision by a certified coach.
- There shall be NO spotting of skills unless done so by a coach certified at the level of the skill(s).
- The gym is an indoor shoes only facility. Athletes / Participants, parents & visitors are all required to take their footwear off upon entering the facilities & place them on the boot-racks in the lobby. Appropriate indoor gym shoes only are allowed in the Perfect Storm gym.
- No smoking. Drugs and alcohol are strictly prohibited. Anyone appearing to be under the influence will be immediately removed from the gym.
- Jewelry and piercings of any kind are not allowed in cheer team practices or classes. Wearing of any piercing at open gym is done so at the sole risk of the Participant.
- Long hair must be tied back.
- No jeans or ripped pieces of clothing allowed.
- No gum, candy, food or drink (except water) allowed past the viewing area.
- When and if required, the Supervising Coach will implement the Emergency policy and procedures.
- Proper equipment set-up and safety mats must be in place at all times for all skills at all levels.
- Perfect Storm Athletics has a nut allergy alert in effect. Nut products are not allowed in the gym.
- Perfect Storm Athletics is not responsible for lost or stolen property. Look for lost items in our Lost & Found bin, located in the parent viewing area. Valuables should be left at home.
- Bullying, Harassment and Sexual Misconduct: Perfect Storm Athletics prides itself in creating a positive and safe environment for all athletes and treats all incidents relating to behaviour of this nature very seriously. We encourage all athletes and families to speak with gym management immediately upon experiencing any behaviour by an athlete, coach or other family member that may be construed as bullying, harassment or sexual misconduct. I/ the Participant are aware of Perfect Storm’s whistleblower program in regard to bullying, harassment and sexual misconduct. I / the Participant will participate in the whistleblower program by reporting any case of bullying, harassment or sexual misconduct immediately to Perfect Storm Athletics management or the Alberta Cheerleading Association, or other governing body as applicable.
- Inability or refusal to follow these and other coach directives and rules MAY result in immediate expulsion from the gym.
I have read and fully understand this release, waiver, indemnity and authorization and have had the opportunity to ask questions and have them answered. I am aware that by signing this release, waiver, indemnity and authorization, I am giving up certain rights which I, my child, the Participant or my Successors may have against Perfect Storm.