This Release of Liability Agreement (the “Agreement”) is entered into by “Visitor” and Farmaste Animal Sanctuary, Inc. This Agreement is in favor of Farmaste Animal Sanctuary, Inc., and its directors, officers, employees, founders, agents and representatives (collectively called “Farmaste Animal Sanctuary”) and is entered into as consideration for Farmaste Animal Sanctuary permitting Visitor to visit Farmaste Animal Sanctuary and interact with Farmaste’s Animals.
1. Event. Visitor desires to participate in an activity at Farmaste Animal Sanctuary’s facilities and interact with its farm animals. Visitor understands Farmaste Animal Sanctuary operates a working farm that is a sanctuary for animals including cows, sheep, goats, donkeys, and pigs. With the right to add roosters, hens, ducks, and turkeys. By participating in this activity at Farmaste Animal Sanctuary, Visitor may be exposed to animals that may bite, kick, crush or head butt or have a zoonotic disease. Visitor may also be exposed to campfires, farm vehicles, ongoing construction, debris, power tools, downed or live electrical wires, property that has been damaged or in need of repair or wet surface, mud, standing water, falling rocks or tree limbs. Uneven or rocky ground or holes or crevices in the roads or ground.
2. Waiver and Release. Visitor agrees never to bring a claim or suit against and releases and forever discharges Farmaste Animal Sanctuary, and its successors and assigns from all liability arising from any injury Visitor sustains as a result of Visitor’s attendance of an activity at Farmaste Animal Sanctuary. Visitor understands this Agreement releases and forever discharges Farmaste Animal Sanctuary from any liability, including as a result of Farmaste Animal Sanctuary’s own negligence and liability, to Visitor with respect to body injury, personal injury, illness, disability, scarring, amputation, death, property damage or other loss that may result.
3. Assumption of the Risk. Visitor understands that participating in a Farmaste Animal Sanctuary activity or being present on Farmaste Animal Sanctuary property may include activities that may be hazardous and result in injury, illness, disease, damage or loss to Visitor. Visitor understands that activities of the Farmaste Animal Sanctuary may, in some situations, involve inherently dangerous activities. Visitor expressly assumes the risk of injury or harm in the conditions and activities described in this Agreement.
4. Term. Visitor understands this Agreement is perpetual.
5. Photo and Video release and copyright assignment. Visitor gives Farmaste Animal Sanctuary a photo, video, and sound recording permission to make and use photos, videos, and sound recordings of Visitor while participating in an activity at Farmaste Animal Sanctuary or otherwise being present on Farmaste Animal Sanctuary property. Video and audio-recording are continuously in process at the sanctuary; by entering the premises, you consent to this recording. Visitor releases all rights in such photos, videos, and sound recordings and agrees Farmaste Animal Sanctuary may use such photos, videos, and sound recordings to further the mission of Farmaste Animal Sanctuary, promote its activities and goals, for fundraising and otherwise as Farmaste Animal Sanctuary deems appropriate in its sole discretion and without any compensation to Visitor.
6. Miscellaneous. This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws where the activity is held. Visitor agrees that in the event that any clause or provision of this Agreement shall be held to be invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of this Agreement.
7. Acknowledgement of Understanding and Intent. Visitor represents that he/she has read this Agreement and fully understands it is a release agreement. Visitor further represent that he/she is of legal age and legally competent to execute this Agreement and that Visitor does so of his/her own free will. If Visitor is not of legal age parent or guardian will also sign this Agreement. Visitor has not relied on any representation of any kind or character not contained in this Agreement. Visitor expressly agrees this Agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by law.
By signing below, Visitor agrees to the terms of this Agreement and understands that Visitor is giving up substantial rights, including the right to sue and recover damages. Visitor intends his/her signature to be a complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extent allowed by law by signing below, Visitor also agrees that, to the extent Visitor is bringing a minor to Farmaste Animal Sanctuary for the activity, Visitor is entering into this Agreement on behalf of Visitor along with said minor as the minor’s parent or guardian.