WARNING: THIS DOCUMENT LIMITS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS. YOU MAY WISH TO CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY BEFORE SIGNING.
I understand that I must sign this Agreement and fully comprehend the risks involved before being allowed to participate in the Shooting Range (“Range”) offered by Tactical Outdoors, LLC.
I hereby state that I am voluntarily participating in the Range and assume all risks by agreeing to the following:
1. THE USE OF FIREARMS IS DANGEROUS. I understand the risks and hazards involved during the participation in the Range, and I recognize that serious and life-threatening injuries can occur while carrying or using a firearm and participating in the Range. Injuries include, but are no limited to, physical an emotional injury, burns, vision and hearing impairments, paralysis, inhaling fumes, lead exposure, and death in the course of participating in Range.
2. I certify that I am over the age of twenty-one (21) years and I am legally entitled to own and use a handgun.
3. I certify that I am over the age of eighteen (18) years and I am legally entitled to own and use a rifle or shotgun.
4. I understand that it is my responsibility to consult with a physician prior to and regarding my participation in the Range. I represent that I am physically fit and I have no medical, psychological, or any other condition, which would prevent my full and lucid participation in the Range.
5. I agree that if the Range instructor believes in their sole subjective opinion that I am or will be unsafe or dangerous, the instructor will expel me from the Range with no refund.
6. I realize that hazards may occur from negligence or carelessness on the part of the other participants in the Range and/or from dangerous or defective equipment or property owned, maintained, or controlled by them.
7. In consideration of being permitted to participate in the activities of the Range, and by signing below, I agree to assume full responsibility for any and all risks, injuries, or damages, known or unknown, which I might incur as a result of my participation, including the possibility of personal injury or death.
8. In further consideration of being permitted to participate in the Range, I, my legal heirs, executors, administrators, next of kin, successors, or legal representatives knowingly, voluntarily, and expressly waive, release, discharge, and covenant not to file a claim, lawsuit or institute an action against Tactical Outdoors, LLC, and its facilities owner, officers, members, employees, instructors, agents, volunteers, or representatives from any and all injuries or damages of whatsoever kind and nature, including any and all claims of death, dismemberment, exposure to lead and other contaminants, disfigurement, property damage, loss or injury to person, of past present and future, that I may sustain as a result of participating in the Range or DUE TO ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR BREACH OF ANY STATUTORY OR OTHER DUTY OF CARE.
9. Furthermore, I hereby agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Tactical Outdoors, LLC, and its facilities owner, officers, members, employees, instructors, agents, volunteers, or representatives from and against any and all claims, demands, liabilities, damages and losses and any incidental expenses (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys' fees) resulting from personal injury to or death of persons or damage to property arising out of or in connection with my participation in the Range.
10. I further agree that if a suit is filed against Tactical Outdoors, LLC, for any reason, this agreement has been breached and I will pay all attorney fees and costs associated with defending the suit.
11. I agree that if any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid, the remainder of the Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
12. This Agreement shall be binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrator, and representatives in the event of my death or incapacity.
13. If a portion of this Agreement is found to be invalid, unenforceable, or illegal, the balance of this Agreement remains, legal, enforceable, and valid.
14. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Ohio and within the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in Licking County, Ohio.
In signing this release, I understand and acknowledge:
A. I have read the above release and waiver of liability and fully understand its contents;
B. No oral representation, statements, or inducements, apart from the foregoing written agreement, have been made;
C. I am at least twenty-one (21) years of age and fully competent; or I am under the supervision of a fully competent adult;
D. I am under the age of eighteen (18) years of age and I must at all times be under the supervision of a parent/guardian; and
E. I have been informed of all risks involved and I voluntarily agree to the terms and conditions stated above.
F. I AM GIVING UP LEGAL RIGHTS TO FILE CLAIMS OR LAWSUITS AGAINST TACTICAL OUTDOORS, LLC NOW OR INTO THE FUTURE. I AM ALSO CONFIRMING THAT I AM OF SOUND MIND TO PARTICIPATE IN THE RANGE AT THIS TIME.
TACTICAL OUTDOORS, LLC
RANGE RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Treat every gun as if it is loaded
2. Keep the barrel pointed in a safe direction at all times forward of the firing line.
3. Only load guns when at the firing line.
4. Be aware of your target and surroundings beyond, above, below, to the left and to the right.
5. Keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to fire.
6. Never walk in front of someone in the firing lane.
7. A CEASEFIRE may be called by anyone at any time. If a ceasefire is called, immediately stop firing, place the firearm in front of you with the barrel pointing down range.
8. Working on or troubleshooting malfunctions of your firearm is prohibited. If your firearm malfunctions, leave the barrel pointed in a safe direction and attend to the malfunction in a safe area.
9. No alcoholic beverages, drugs, tobacco, or persons who have been consuming those items will be allowed on the range or premises.
10. Shooter's glasses or tempered glasses must be worn at all times while inside the firing area.
11. Hearing protection must be worn at all times while inside firing area.
12. Children must be supervised at all times while on premises. Children under the age of 10 will not be allowed in the firing area.
13. No customer reloads, no armor piercing, tracer, or explosive ammunition will be allowed.
14. All firearms must be clear with the action open except while actively firing.
15. All firearms must be clear and bagged or in a container before leaving the firing area.
16. No person will be allowed forward of the firing line. Contact range staff if assistance is needed.
17. Only persons who are actively shooting are allowed inside of the firing area.
18. Only firearms in good working condition are allowed on the firing line.
19. No more than two persons are permitted at each firing lane.
20. All firearms are subject to inspection at anytime by staff.
21. Must comply with all staff and can be removed at anytime by any staff member.
22. Rapid fire is permitted with the use of Automatic Weapons. Two Second Rule is in effect for all other rifle calibers only.
23. Photo identification required for use of range facilities.
Today's Date:December 6, 2023