February 26, 2024
Thank you for volunteering with Atlanta Animal Rescue Friends (hereafter “AARF”). In order to protect our organization and our rescued pets, we ask that you sign this waiver. Although every attempt will be made to ensure your safety, animals are by their nature unpredictable in behavior. The undersigned jointly and severally releases, acquits, forgives, and discharges Atlanta Animal Rescue Friends, Inc. (AARF) from any actions, claims, demands, suits, agreements, judgments, liabilities, and proceedings, whether arising in equity or in law, and in particular arising from volunteering. Accordingly you, as a volunteer agree to the following conditions:
1. I hereby agree to hold AARF, its officers, directors, employees, and volunteers forever harmless for any injury whatsoever that I may suffer as a result of my volunteer activities with AARF. This includes but is not limited to bites, scratches, communicable illnesses or pests contracted from any animal.
2. I also agree to hold AARF, its officers, directors, employees, and volunteers forever harmless for any and all personal injuries sustained on the premises of 951 Main St, Stone Mountain, GA 30083 regardless of cause or negligence on the part of AARF, its officers or the owner of the above named property as well as any place outside the above named property while volunteering for AARF.
3. I am aware that as a volunteer of AARF I am acting as a representative of the organization and agree to act responsibly at all times by maintaining a professional demeanor and protecting the organization’s rescued animals from any harm by practicing common sense while they are in my possession.
4. I agree that any animal rescued by AARF is owned solely by and is the property of AARF, and as a volunteer of this organization, I will not promise, withhold, sell, or give away any animal entrusted to me by the organization.
5. I will not rescue any animal as a stray or a shelter in the name of AARF.