NOTE: FEES DO NOT INCLUDE GRATUITY FOR YOUR BOARD CARRIER OR INSTRUCTOR.
TIPS ARE APPRECIATED!
SECTION A. RENTAL AGREEMENT
* In consideration of the agreement herein, LESSOR does lease to the undersigned (hereafter referred to as the LESSEE) the craft and equipment described herein. LESSEE agrees said craft will not be occupied by a greater number of persons than is shown in this rental agreement. In the event the craft is not returned at time specified herein, said LESSEE agrees to pay for OVERTIME AT THE RATE POSTED IN THE SHOP.
* THE LESSEE CERTIFIES THAT HE/SHE HAS EXAMINED THE CRAFT AND EQUIPMENT AND FINDS IT ACCEPTABLE AND SUITABLE FOR THE PURPOSE FOR WHICH IT IS LEASED. THAT HE/SHE WILL OPERATE THE CRAFT IN ACCORDANCE WITH ALL SAFETY RULES AND REGULATIONS AS POSTED IN THIS OFFICE OR ON THE CRAFT, AND FURTHER CERTIFIES THAT HE/SHE HAS READ AND UNDERSTANDS SAID RULES AND REGULATIONS.
* LESSEE AGREES TO REPORT ANY ACCIDENT, MALFUNCTION OR BREAKDOWN OF RENTAL CRAFT TO LESSOR IMMEDIATELY
This is to certify that I (We), the LESSEE(S) am/are experienced and capable in all aspects of the handling and operation of a craft such as the one rented above. I (WE) ACKNOWLEDGE THAT A COPY OF THIS AGREEMENT IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST. FURTHERMORE, I (WE) ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THIS AGREEMENT EXTENDS TO FUTURE RENTALS IN EXECUTED CALENDAR YEAR.
CANCELLATION POLICY: 48 hour notice is required to cancel this agreement. After this time, your credit card will be charged for the full amount. Lessor reserves the right to cancel based on weather conditions. Credit for future rental will be granted.
SECTION B. PARTICIPANT RELEASE OF LIABILITY & ASSUMPTION OF RISK
I the undersigned , acknowledge , appreciate and agree that:
1. The risk of injury from the activities involved in this program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death.
2. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE
NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation.
3. I willingly agree to comply with terms and conditions for participation. If I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately.
4. By participating in or attending any activity in connection with this program, whether on or off the premises, I consent to the use of any photographs, pictures, film or videotape taken of me or provided by me for publicity, promotion, television, websites or any other use, and expressly waive any right of privacy, compensation, copyright or other ownership right connected to same.
5. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD
HARMLESS Knoxville Adventure Collective, its officers, official, agents and/or employees, other participants, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event (RELEASEES), from any and all claims, demands, losses, and liability arising out of or related to any INJURY, DISABILITY OR DEATH I may suffer, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE; to the fullest extent permitted by law.
6. Knoxville Adventure Collective is not responsible for your personal possessions. We recommend leaving them in a safe/secure place and bringing only what you are taking with you.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
This agreement is valid for the SIGNED CALENDAR YEAR. In Signing I acknowledge that it extends to future rentals in this CALENDAR YEAR.