NO YEARLY MEMBERSHIP FEE
Midwest Twisters does NOT charge a yearly membership fee.
MAKE UP POLICY**
Midwest Twisters currently allows one make up class per student per class enrollment every 6 weeks. Make up classes must be scheduled at the front desk. Make up classes must be scheduled and completed within 4 weeks of the missed class. Make up classes are only available for girls recreational classes, preschool classes and ninja classes.
**Make up classes are not available for tumbling or high school gymnastics classes. Make ups are not available for camps or open gyms.
WHAT TO WEAR
Boys or girls may wear tucked in T-shirts and shorts OR Leotards for girls. No spaghetti strap tops. NO zippers, buttons, or snaps. No jeans. No skirts or tutus.Nochewing gum or food or drinks on the floor. Hair should be pulled neatly and securely away from the face so that is stays up for the entire workout. Girls should not wear bows or other large hair ornaments that may cause discomfort during activity. All students should have activity-appropriate footwear during class. Personal items should be left in cubby holes. Jewelry should not be worn during classes.PLEASE LEAVE JEWELRY ARTICLES AT HOME. This facility's staff will not be responsible for ANY items that may be lost or stolen. Be sure your student's personal items are marked with their name.
ARRIVAL AND PICKUP
DO NOT PARK IN THE FIRE LANE OR MIDDLE OF THE DRIVE.
Be sure your student arrives 5 minutes before (no earlier please) his/her scheduled class time. Please pick up your student on time. Please inform us if you know you will be late picking up your student. Instruct your student to wait inside the building and you should escort them from the building to your car. During peak times the parking lot is crowded. Please take into consideration that our studentsinclude young children. Please drive slowly and carefully. Do not take a chance on your student running to and from your car.
BASIC GYM RULES OF MIDWEST TWISTERS
- This is to be used as learning and practice time. Running around, roughhousing or interfering in any way with fellow athletes will not allowed.
- Dress appropriately: athletic clothing, no excessively baggy clothing, no jewelry, no belts ordrawstring clothing, long hair tied up.
- Remove all items out of pockets before going on Trampoline or in the foam pit.
- No chewing gum. No smoking in or around Midwest Twisters facility.
- No Swearing, No Vandalism of gym equipment, No Fighting, Hitting, or Horseplay of any kind.
- Open cuts or abrasions must be covered with a Band-Aid and athletic tape. Staff must benotified of such injuries prior to entering the gym.
- Only 1 person allowed on an apparatus at a time.
- Midwest Twisters staff may restrict or limit skills for any reason.
- Midwest Twisters staff has the right to deny any person from attending.
FOAM PIT RULES
- Must always land on your back or seat, this can result to hand, neck back, ankle or knee injuries.
- Do not dive headfirst into the pit.
- Warning No pit of any kind can completely eliminate the possibility of a serious neck or back injury. Every effort must be taken to avoid landing on the head or neck, especially goingforward. Careful gymnastic progression must be followed to avoid dangerous landings on theneck.
- Warning Landing in the pit in an arched position especially in a frontward position can hyperextend and injure the back
- Warning Landing on your knees, especially in an arched position in the pit can cause hyperextension injuries to the back. Never land on stomach, hand, neck or standing.
- There is a trampoline under the pit cubes; trampoline rules must also be applied.
- If injury occurred, do not jump in to help. The pit and trampoline will bounce. Get a MidwestTwisters staff.
- Follow proper skill progression. Do not attempt skills if you cannot land safely.
- Always check the pit before entering. Do not enter pit if other people are in the way.
- Always climb out of the way immediately, when other people are ready to enter the pit.
- Do not bury yourself in the pit. Others may jump on you without knowing.
- Do not dig holes in the pit.
- Re-fluff the pit regularly and whenever holes occur or the foam is packed down. Make sure the pit is fluffed before attempting skills.
- The foam is to stay in the pit at all times.
- The foam is not to be torn into pieces. This causes dust in the pit.
- Do NOT jump off of the trampoline.
- Do NOT jump off of the trampoline into the foam pit.
- No knee drops.
- Never go under the trampoline when someone else is jumping.
- Do not use the trampoline when feeling ill, tired, when using medication or under influence ofalcohol.
- No socks - bounce using bare feet or special gym shoes (beam shoes) because socks can lead to slips.
- Keep your bounce under control.
- Consistently land all your bounces and skills in the center of the trampoline.
- Stop your bounce by flexing your knees as your feet come in contact with the trampoline bed.Learn this skill before attempting others.
- Stop your bounce whenever you get out of the center. Perform the stop bounce after every skill or sequence of skills, or whenever you get out of the center of the trampoline.
- Certain landings are more difficult and dangerous, i.e., front drops, than others.
- Exercise extra care when learning and using these drops and skills landing in these positions.
- No horseplay. Recklessness and horseplay is not allowed.
- Maintain a clear area around the trampoline at all times.
- Only one person on the tramp at a time!
- No double bouncing. It is especially dangerous for larger people to double bounce smallerpeople.
- Never land head first on the trampoline or enter the pit head first as it may cause serious injuries
- Keep balls and other toys off the trampolines.
- Do not stand on the trampoline frame or pads while waiting for a turn to bounce.
- No bouncing or jumping off tramp onto the floor or mat.
- Bounce only when the surface of the bed is dry.
- Follow proper skill progression. Master basics before progressing to more difficult skills.
- No one is to attempt somersaults, back handsprings or other difficult skills without specificinstructor permission.
- No one on the trampolines without warming up.
Liability Waiver and Indemnity Agreement
As legal the guardian of my designated student(s), I hereby consent to all student(s) participating in the this facility's program(s).
As conditions of the participation of the student described (my child) in any of the programs conducted by Midwest Twisters Gymnastics including but not limited to tumbling, gymnastics, parkour, freerunning, ninja obstacle course training, cheerleading, fitness classes, Tae Kwon Do, rock climbing, use of inflatables, use of trampolines, use of slack line, and use of zip line, whether conducted on or off the premises of Midwest Twisters Gymnastics, I agree to the following:
- I waive any claim for bodily injury, personal injury or property damage against Midwest Twisters Gymnastics, its officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents and insurers (collectively, Midwest Twisters), and any owners or lessors of the premises and any equipment used in connection with any programs of Midwest Twisters, arising out of our childsparticipation in any of the programs of Midwest Twisters, whether on or off Midwest Twisters Gymnastics premises, or travel for the purpose of participating in any such programs or events.
- I understand that this waiver extends to injuries incurred by any member of my family, including my child identified above, myself, or any other family member.
- This agreement shall remain in effect as long as and whenever our child participates in any activity at or with Midwest Twisters.
- If this agreement is not effective to waive liability on behalf of our child, ourselves, or any other family member, we further agree to indemnify Midwest Twisters Gymnastics, for its liability including all costs, fees, and expenses incurred by Midwest Twisters in connection with such liability.
- We reserve the right to use your or your childs image or likeness in any Midwest Twisters promotional material.
- I am fully aware and understand the risks, including the risk of catastrophic injury, paralysis, and even death as well as other damages and losses associated with participation in gymnastics and all other activities of Midwest Twisters.
Authorization of Medical Care: In case of illness or injury, if I cannot be reached, I authorize and desire medical care of my child at the discretion of the attending physician. I accept responsibility for all associated expenses.
Agreement to Pay: I agree to pay the full semesters tuition. I understand that there are no credits or refunds for missed or cancelled classes.
Acceptance of Rules and Policies: I have read and understand Midwest Twisters Gymnastics rules and policies and agree to abide by them through the course of my, and my familys involvement with the program.