GREAT EASTERN RESORT MANAGEMENT
MOUNTAIN BIKE ACCESS AGREEMENT AND ACCEPTANCE OF RISK
I realize that mountain biking, which is different from and more challenging than conventional bicycling, has inherent risks
that I assume if I participate in the sport. I understand that some of those risks include, but are not limited to, variations in
weather and terrain, rocks (above and below the ground), forest growth, towers, utility lines and their components, and
pipes. Collisions with other people or objects, or falls, can cause permanent, catastrophic injury or death. To enjoy
mountain biking, I must know and be willing to accept the limits of my ability. I will read and heed all posted signs. I have
read and agree to obey the International Mountain Bike Association Rules of the Trail.
In addition to common sense and courtesy, I will observe the following rules:
- I will use a helmet at all times. I understand that such equipment is no guarantee against injury or death, and merely
- reduces such risks.
- I agree, when mountain biking for the first time, to practice on a relatively flat, uncongested area.
- I will control my speed and will not attempt skidding stops or dangerous actions.
- I will stay on designated trails and roads.
- I will alert management (Great Eastern Resort Management) of any unreasonably dangerous conditions I notice.
- I will not drop litter.
- I will obey all instructions of the area operator.
- I will not engage in careless or reckless behavior.
- I will not use alcohol or drugs while mountain biking, nor will I bike while under the influence of any substance. If I
- appear to be impaired, I will lose my privileges and my right to use the bike and the area, without refund.
- I will not use headphones while mountain biking.
- I will not ride this bike at night for it is not equipped for safe night riding (lights, flashers, etc.)
I agree that any legal dispute arising out of this agreement, my use of the equipment or my participation in the sport will
be brought in either the general district court or the circuit court of Rockingham County, even though some other
jurisdiction or venue may be more convenient to me. In the event any section of this release is found to be
unenforceable, the remaining shall be fully enforceable.
WARNING: Under Virginia law, there is no liability for an injury to or death of a participant in a project activity conducted
at this location if such injury or death results from the inherent risks of the project activity. Inherent risks of project
activities include, among others, risks of injury inherent to land, equipment, and animals, as well as the potential for you to
act in a negligent manner that may contribute to the injury or death. You are assuming the risk of participating in this
I have read this document. I understand this document and agree to accept all the terms and conditions and assume all
June 24, 2018