TODAY'S DATE: January 18, 2020
ROYAL RIDGES RETREAT - LIABILITY FORM
PARTICIPATION AGREEMENT, RELEASE AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RISK
In consideration of the services of Royal Ridges Retreat, their agents, owners, officers, volunteers, participants, employees, and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf (hereinafter collectively referred to as RRR) I hereby agree to release and discharge RRR, on behalf of myself, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate as follows:
1. I acknowledge that my participation in horseback riding, challenge course, paintball, and other activities led or sponsored by RRR entails known and unanticipated risks which could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death or damage to myself, to property, or to third parties. I understand that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity. I further understand that RRR programs and activities are based on the participation by choice and challenge by choice principles. At any time I and/or my group are free to withdraw from participation in the activity and its potential for the risks involved.
The risks include, but are not limited to:slips, falls and falling; rope burns; pinches, scrapes, bruises, twists and jolts that could result in scratches, bruises, sprains, lacerations, fractures, concussions, or even more severe life threatening hazards. During an activity, there may be contact with plants, animals, or insects that could create hazards such as kicks, bites, stings, allergies, and associated disease. Furthermore, RRR Staff Members have difficult jobs to perform. They seek safety, but they are not infallible. They might be unaware of participants emotional stability, ability to handle stressful situation, physical fitness or abilities; they might misjudge the weather, and horses, which by their very nature are unpredictable.
2. I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all risks existing in the activity. My participation in any activity sponsored by RRR is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate in spite of the risks.
3. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge and agree to indemnify, and to hold harmless RRR from any and all claims, demands or causes of action; which are in any way connected with participation in any activity, or my use of RRRs equipment or facilities, including any such claims which allege negligent acts or omissions of RRR.
4. Should RRR, or anyone acting on their behalf, be required to incur attorneys fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
5. I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating, or in the alternative, I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage to myself. I further certify that I have no medical or physical conditions, which would interfere with my safety in this activity; therefore, I am willing to assumeand bear the cost ofall risks that may be created, directly or indirectly by any such condition.
6. In the event that I file a lawsuit against RRR, I agree to do so solely in the state of Washington; and I further agree, that the substantive law of that state shall apply in that action without regard to the conflict of law rules of that state.
7. When riding a horse, participating in our high ropes course and/or climbing wall, a helmet must be worn at all times.
By signing this document, I acknowledge that if anyone is hurt or property is damaged during my participation in any RRR activity, I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against RRR on the basis of any claim from which I have released them herein.