WHEREAS HockeyTourney.ca is hosting drop in hockey, league games and tournament play (the "Games").
AND WHEREAS a player must register with HockeyTourney.ca prior to participating in the Games. In order to qualify for registration, a player must read, execute and deliver this Waiver, Release and Indemnification (the "Waiver") to HockeyTourney.ca prior to the commencement of the Games.
In consideration of the right and opportunity to participate in the Games, the undersigned hereby acknowledges and agrees as follows:
- I am over 18 years of age.
- I hereby consent to the use without compensation, of my name and/or likeness, biographical material and/or voice in publicity and advertising concerning the Games in any and all media and/or promotion throughout the world.
- I forever generally and completely release and discharge and shall indemnify and hold harmless HockeyTourney.ca and its owners, employees, directors, officers, agents, sponsors, partners and licensees and each other party affiliated with HockeyTourney.ca and each of its owners, agents, directors, officers, employees, sponsors and partners (collectively, the "Event Organizers") against and from any and all claims and demands of every kind and nature whatsoever, for damages or injuries, actual or consequential, past, present or future, arising out of or in any way related to the Games, including but not limited to:
- Any claims of injury injury or loss resulting from the actions, intentional or otherwise, of other players, or my own actions;
- Any claims of injury or loss relating to the construction of the rink or other facilities;
- Any claims of injury or loss resulting from flying objects or debris;
- Any claims of injury or loss sustained while observing the Games; or
- The loss of personal property by theft or otherwise while participating in the Games.
- I acknowledge that I have freely chosen to participate in the Games and related activities. I understand and acknowledge that the aforementioned activities carry with them a high level of risk of injury and related hazards. I certify that I am aware of, and voluntarily accept and assume these risks.
- I acknowledge that I am mentally and physically prepared for the risks associated with the Games and that I have no injuries or medical conditions that would compromise my ability to participate safely in the Games.
This general release shall further apply to all unknown, unanticipated, unsuspected, and undisclosed claims, demands, liabilities, actions or causes of action, in law, equity or otherwise.
This Waiver shall bind the heirs, personal representatives, and successors of the undersigned, and inure to the benefit of the Event Organizers.
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE TERMS OF THE ABOVE AGREEMENT, WILL COMPLY WITH THE TERMS HEREOF AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT BY SIGNING THIS FORM I AM GIVING UP LEGAL RIGHTS.