1. ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK. I understand that any and all Walk2Connect Events may be hazardous and may result in severe injury, loss, damage, or death. I understand that I am solely responsible for my own safety, and for taking every precaution to provide for my safety and well-being, while participating in Walk2Connect Events. I understand that my skills might be challenged during Walk2Connect Events. I understand that I am solely responsible for assuring that my physical conditioning, skills and equipment are adequate for me to participate safely in Walk2Connect Events. I understand that Walk2Connect has no obligation to provide medical care, and has not undertaken the responsibility to do so. I understand that Walk2Connect is not a guide service. I understand that Walk2Connect Events are led by volunteers whose abilities, skills, equipment and actions are not independently controlled or verified by Walk2Connect. I understand that Walk2Connect Events might involve inherent, serious risks and dangers that are impossible to know or predict, including but not limited to: narrow or nonexistent trails; rough, exposed, unstable, steep or slippery terrain; slips and falls; high-altitude illness; changing weather conditions; lightning; cold weather; wild or poisonous animals, insects or plants; fires or floods; contraction of or exposure to airborne illnesses and infectious diseases; other forces of nature; equipment malfunctions or failure; extreme remoteness from medical facilities or rescue; human errors including but not limited to navigation, in the provision of first aid or lifesaving efforts, and in travel by group; travel by motor vehicles or other conveyance; acts or omissions by Walk2Connect, its employees, instructors, volunteers or members; and acts or omissions by other activity participants. I understand and have considered and evaluated the nature, scope and extent of the risks involved, and I voluntarily and freely choose to assume such risks.
2. RELEASE FROM LIABILITY. I fully release and discharge Walk2Connect, its volunteers, employees, partners, leaders, instructors, members, guides, representatives, owners or operators of Walk2Connect Events, facilities, equipment and vehicles, and all others involved in Walk2Connect Events (the "Released Parties") from any and all injuries (including but not limited to death, illness, and disease), losses, damages, claims (including negligence claims), demands, lawsuits, expenses, and any other liability or claims of any kind, of or to me, my property, or any other person, directly or indirectly arising out of or in connection with my participation in or attendance at any and all Walk2Connect Events, including transportation related to Walk2Connect Events, even if it is due to the negligence or other fault of the Released Parties.
3. COVENANT NOT TO SUE. I will not initiate any lawsuit, court action, or other legal proceeding against the Released Parties, nor join or assist in the prosecution of any claim for money damages which anyone may have, on account of injuries (including but not limited to death, illness, and disease), losses, or damages sustained by me or others in connection with my participation in or attendance at any or all Walk2Connect Events, and I waive any right I may have to do so. This means that I cannot sue to hold the Released Parties responsible for any injuries, losses, or damages that I may experience related to Walk2Connect Events, even if due to the negligence or other fault of the Released Parties. I waive my insurers' right to make a claim against the Released Parties based on payments by insurers to me or on my behalf for any reason. This means that my insurers have no right of subrogation against the Released Parties.
4. INDEMNITY. I will hold harmless, indemnify, defend, and reimburse the Released Parties from and for any sums, costs, or expenses (including attorney fees) incurred by any of the Released Parties or paid by them to any person (including me or my insurers) in connection with any accident, injury (including but not limited to death, illness, and disease), loss, or damage sustained by me or others in connection with my attendance at or participation in the Activity, including transportation related to Walk2Connect Events. This means that I will reimburse the Released Parties if anyone makes a claim against them based on injuries, losses or damages I may suffer.
5. NO INSURANCE; MEDICAL EXPENSES. I understand that Walk2Connect and others involved in Walk2Connect Events do not provide me with any insurance, including life, medical, dental, motor vehicle, or liability, for any illness, accident, injury, loss, or damage that may arise in connection with my participation in or attendance at any Walk2Connect Events. If I want insurance of any kind, I must obtain my own insurance. I will pay my own medical emergency expenses and all subsequent medical expenses associated with any illness, disease, accident, injury, or death in connection with any Walk2Connect Events.
6. VALIDITY. I have executed this Release freely and voluntarily after having read this Release in its entirety and I freely and voluntarily agree to participate in the Walk2Connect Events. I also understand this Release will remain in effect for the current calendar year and pertains to ALL Walk2Connect Events I attend within this year. I realize I may be asked to sign a waiver at future Walk2Connect Events and to sign another when this expires.
I have executed this Release by clicking on the acceptance button on this Walk2Connect waiver, that action constitutes my acceptance of this Release with the same force and effect as if I were to sign a printed copy of this Release. I further understand and agree that payment of Walk2Connect dues constitutes additional, independent acceptance of all of the terms of this Release. I further understand and agree that my signature of a printed copy of this Release is not required to give effect to my acceptance of the terms of this Release, but I will immediately provide my signature on a printed copy of this Release upon request. If any portion of this Release is held to be invalid or unenforceable, all other provisions shall nevertheless continue to be valid and enforceable. This Release supersedes any oral or written statements made by or to me at any time by anyone in connection with any Walk2Connect Events. I understand that I cannot terminate, cancel, or revoke this Release for any reason.
7.PHOTO RELEASE. I hereby give full consent to Walk2Connect to photograph me and/or my child and/ or publish any photographs or videos in which I or my child appears. I agree that said photos or videos may be used for public display and/or publication for nonprofit purposes. I understand that it is my responsibility to inform the walking trip leader if I do not want to be included in any photography or videography during each outing.
I UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS A LEGAL DOCUMENT AND THAT BY SIGNING IT OR BY CLICKING THE ACCEPTANCE BUTTON ON THE WALK2CONNECT WEBPAGE I AM AGREEING TO ITS TERMS WITH THE SAME FORCE AND EFFECT. I UNDERSTAND THAT BY AGREEING TO THIS ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RISK AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY I AM GIVING UP MY RIGHT TO SUE OR OTHERWISE MAKE ANY CLAIM AGAINST THE RELEASED PARTIES. I HAVE READ THIS ENTIRE DOCUMENT CAREFULLY. I FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS AND I VOLUNTARILY AGREE TO ITS TERMS.