Acceptance of Risk and Responsability
I understand that I have the obligation to myself and others to act in a safe and responsible mannerand follow the rulesof Cable Skiing & Wakeboarding, Aqua fun activities, Climbing, Kayaking & Stand Up Paddleboarding and any other activities at the Park.
I agree that Melbourne Cable Park Pty Ltd (ACN 607595424) and related group entities are absolved from all liability arising from injury or damage caused by my or others actions. The activities within the Park are inherently dangerous. Serious accidents can happen which could result in death or injury. I acknowledge that by participating in the activities at Melbourne Cable Park that I am exposed to risk and dangers, including but not limited to:
- I may be physically or mentally injured, impaired, maimed, contract an illness / disease or be killed;
- Other participants may act dangerously or without lack of skill;
- Conditions may be hazardous and may vary without warning or predictability;
- My property may be damaged, lost or destroyed;
- Cable skiing & wakeboarding, inflatable waterpark activities, climbing, kayaking & stand up paddleboarding and other activities at the Park are all physical activities, which can be extremely strenuous on the body. Customers with pre existing injuries such as back, shoulder, heart problems etc or are pregnant, should refrain from these activities.
I understand that the use of the obstacles, sliders and kickers in the waterski & wakeboard lakes at the Park are restricted to participants who have adequate skills and experience. I voluntarily agree, covenant and promise to accept and assume all responsibility and risk for injury, death, illness or disease to myself or to my property or other parties and their property arising from my participation in in any slider and kicker activities.
My participation in all activities is purely voluntary and at any time I feel I am not able to participate safely I will cease participation and/or seek assistance from a member of staff.
I sign to say that I have watched & understood the rules and implications of the Wake Park Safety video (wake park participants only).
I have voluntarily read and understood the responsibilities in this warning and accept and assume the inherent risks in activities at the Park.
- Vehicles are parked at your own risk. Melbourne Cable Park (MCP) will not be responsible for loss of, or damage to any vehicle, accessory or contents in, or on any vehicle.
- The operation of some activities may be affected by adverse weather conditions or maintenance activity and may close at any time.
- Children under 15 years of age must be accompanied by a parent / guardian. Children under 15 are not permitted to enter or stay at the park unaccompanied.
- Every person entering MCP, must sign this Usage Waiver and Conditions of Entry document. This Usage Waiver and Conditions of Entry document must be signed by an adult that is present. Children under the age of 18 must have an adult sign their Usgae Waiver and Conditions of Entry document.
- No commercially prepared food or drink may be brought onto the premises. (inc Alcohol or drugs of any type).
- No glassware or sharp objects may be bought on to the premises.
- MCP is a Smoke Free venue.
- No animals may be brought onto the premises.(Exception given to service animals)
- MCP reserves the right to refuse entry or remove guests from the park for vandalism, stealing, offensive behaviour, queue line jumping, failure to properly supervise persons under your care, failure to follow safety instructions or failure to comply with these Conditions of Entry or failure to follow any instructions given by MCP staff.
- Various systems within the Park (including some ticketing systems) use RFID technology (wristbands) which is used to identify you within the Park. No personal information is recorded on the RFID wristbands.
- Management reserves the right to inspect your bags at any time for security purposes.
- Any photographs, videos or sound recordings taken by you must be for personal use only. Any use, reuse or production for commercial purposes without our express written consent is strictly prohibited.
- The use of image recording devices is not permitted in any change room or bathroom facility.
- Your image may be taken at any time for security or sales purposes.
- Please report any incidents to staff immediately.
Health and Safety Advice
- Participants must be in good health and free from any potentially adverse medical conditions. You should seek medical advice if uncertain. Guests with disabilities should contact staff prior to purchasing tickets for Park activities.
- We recommend that appropriate footwear be worn within the park.
- Appropriate clothing must be worn at all times.
- Lifeguards and/or staff cannot supervise children. Parents / guardians must actively supervise their children at all times.
- There are inherent risks in the participation in activities at the Park. You, by your participation, accept the inherent risks of which a prudent person is or should be aware. You should consider this participation an exercise in good judgement and act in a responsible manner while undertaking the activity.
- You must not participate in or on any activity when under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- You must act with good judgement and consideration, both for yourself and others, and refrain from behaviour which could affect your safety, the safety of others, the safety of the activity.
- You must obey all reasonable written and verbal instructions and warnings, given by the MCP and its staff including the Customer Service staff, Lifeguards or Operators of any activity,without objection.
- You must use, as instructed, all safety equipment provided when participating in any activity.
- If you supply your own safety equipment you do so at your own risk and accept full responsibility for any failure or non-performance of such equipment.
- You are responsible for your own personal property.
- MCP takes all reasonable steps to provide you with a safe and enjoyable park. However, MCP will not be liable for any person in respect of loss of life or personal injury to, any person, whether that loss, damage or personal injury is caused by any person's negligence (including the negligence of MCP) or otherwise.
- In these Usage Waiver and Conditions of Entry document, MCP includes the owner and operator of Melbourne Cable Park, its related entities and its employees.
- MCP reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time without notice.
My completion of this waiver indicates that I have read this document and understood it completely.
I, the person completing this form being eighteen years or older, or the parent or legal guardian of the child / children also included on this waiver being under the age of 18 years, hereby acknowledgeand agree to above mentioned terms and conditions.