The Machine Gun Nest Indemnification, Waiver, and Release Agreement
Anyone and everyone who shoots at The Machine Gun Nest must completely and truthfully fill out and sign this form. There are no exceptions. This information will be used to identify and assess your ability to use this range.
Any and all visitors, guests, attendees, or users of The Machine Gun Nest shall execute this agreement providing for the waiver and release of liability, and indemnification of The Machine Gun Nest Range in the following form:
I hereby understand and agree to accept the risk of bodily injury, death, and/or property damage which I may incur or cause a third party to incur as a result of my use of the Range's facilities, premises and property. I understand that this risk includes, but is not limited to, any lead dust inhalation, noise, injury from airborne materials or objects, and the actions of other users of the Range.
With this understanding, I further agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Range, The Machine Gun Nest, it's officers, agents, and employees, from and against any and all claims, leases, injuries, suits or judgments arising from, or in connection with, my presence on the Range or property. I agree to this indemnification and save harmless for myself, my successors, assigns, heirs, executors and administrators, and any other person or entity (ies) who/which may have a claim based upon my personal injuries and/or property damage.
Furthermore, I have read and agree to abide by The Machine Gun Nest Range Safety Rules at all times and acknowledge receipt of a copy of same. I understand further that I will be held financially responsible for any damage to the property, facilities or equipment which occurs through my use of the Range. Pregnant women and children under the age of 10 may not enter the range firing line area.February 1, 2023
The Machine Gun Nest Operational Rules
All Federal, State, & Local Firearm Laws must be obeyed.
- Firearms must be unloaded and cased unless on the firing line.
- Treat every gun as if it were loaded.
- Loaded or unloaded, never point your gun at anything you dont want to kill or destroy.
- Be sure of your target and what is behind your target.
- Keep your finger off the trigger until you're ready to fire.
- Drinking, drugs, and mind altering substances are strictly prohibited and being under the influence of any of these things will result in immediate expulsion from the facility and possible termination of membership without refund. If you are on a prescription medicine and you are unsure, ask a staff member for clarification.
- Never rely on the guns mechanical safety.
- The Machine Gun Nest (TMGN) Range Safety Officers have the right to inspect any firearms or ammunition at any time. The Range Safety Officer on duty maintains authority on the firing line.
- Food, beverages, and smoking are prohibited on the range.
- Ear and eye protection is required at all times while in the range.
- No muzzleloading firearms permitted.
- Shotguns may only be fired with slugs. No buckshot or birdshot is permitted.
- Tracer, incendiary, armor piercing, and steel core ammunition are strictly prohibited. Shooters caught using any of the aforementioned ammunition will be banned and subjected to a $50 fine.
- Commands issued by Range Officers and Range Personnel must be immediately obeyed without question.
- If the command "CEASE FIRE" is given: stop shooting immediately, remove your finger from the trigger, remove magazine, clear firearm, place the firearm on the bench. Step back from the shooting booth and wait for further instructions from the RSO.
- No one other than TMGN Range personnel may go forward of the firing line under ANY circumstance.
- Shooters may only use TMGN approved paper targets placed at eye level.
- Shooting that results in the bullet striking anything other than the target and/or backstop, may result in a repair fine of $50 and/or your removal from the range.
- Shooting any of the cameras while out on the firing line will result in a $500 fine; this is non-negotiable and there will be no exceptions to this fine.
- Cross firing on targets is prohibited. Shoot only the target on your assigned lane.
- Shooters wanting to practice holster draw (strong side belt holsters only) must first be TMGN Holster Draw Certified and notify the RSO. You must remove the shooting table from the shooting booth, stay within the shooting booth, and keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot. Shoulder holsters or cross-draw holsters may not be used.
- You may collect your own brass that is inside your stall and behind the firing line. Brass from other shooters and all brass that falls in front of the firing line may not be collected.
- Always wash your hands and face immediately after shooting and/or cleaning your firearm. Sinks are located in the restrooms.
- Children between the ages of 10-17 MUST be accompanied by a parent in order to enter the firing line. If the parent steps off the range for ANY reason, the minor child MUST exit the range with the parent. No exceptions.
- Firearms must be unloaded and cased before exiting the firing line.
- No shooting from the prone position.
I AgreeI have read and understand each rule presented above.
Electronic Signature Consent:
I AgreeBy checking here, you are consenting to the use of your electronic signature in lieu of an original signature on paper. After consent, you may, upon written request to us, obtain a paper copy of an electronic record.
Signature:February 1, 2023
Parent/Legal Guardian:February 1, 2023
The Machine Gun Nest
These terms and conditions apply whether you are shooting as a one-day guest OR if you are shooting as a member. Your guest fee entitles you to a "one-day short term membership" versus the year long memberships entitled to single or family membership holders.
The following are the terms and conditions of each and agreeing to each section acknowledges that you understand the terms of each option.
***By Agreeing to these terms, YOU ARE NOT signing up for a one-year membership. We are NOT asking for any billing information on this waiver***
I Agree1. I acknowledge that shooting activities have inherent danger when firearms are handled inappropriately. While at the THE MACHINE GUN NEST I will follow the Safety Doctrine and heed all commands from the designated range officer.
I Agree2. I represent that I am under no type of restraining order that prevents my possession and/or use of firearms. I am able to pass the background check and am legally free to purchase and own firearms in the state of Maryland.
I Agree3. I agree to assume full responsibility of any and all risks, injuries and damages, known and unknown, of whatsoever kind and nature, which I might incur as a result of participating in any event at THE MACHINE GUN NEST.
I Agree4. I assume responsibility for the actions of any and all guests I bring to the THE MACHINE GUN NEST range.
I Agree5. In consideration of being permitted to participate in any event at the THE MACHINE GUN NEST, I knowingly, voluntarily and expressly waive any and all claims I, or my Estate, my heirs, or any person claiming under me completely and without reservation that I may have against THE MACHINE GUN NEST, its officers, employees, or representatives from any and all kinds of injuries or damages that I may sustain as a result of participating in shooting range activities.
I Agree6. I consent to receive medical treatment, which may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident and/or illness during the activities at the shooting range.
I Agree7. This release shall remain in full force and effect so long as I participate in activities at the THE MACHINE GUN NEST.
I Agree8. I have read and fully agree with the release and waiver of liability and fully understand its contents.
I Agree9. IF I sign up for a membership, I understand that the fee will count toward the first year membership fee, which is currently $350/yr for an individual, single membership or $450/yr. for a family membership, upon approval. I understand these terms if I choose to proceed with this membership type now or in the future.
I Agree10. IF I sign up for a membership, I understand that a single membership applies to an individual and begins upon receipt of payment. This membership covers all shooting time for the individual for a full calendar year.I understand these terms if I choose to proceed with this membership type now or in the future.
I Agree11. IF I sign up for a membership, I understand that a family membership entitles two cohabitating adults and a single minor between the ages of 10-17 to shooting time for a full calendar year.I understand these terms if I choose to proceed with this membership type now or in the future.
I Agree12. IF I sign up for a membership, I understand that a membership ONLY covers shooting time for a full calendar year.I understand these terms if I choose to proceed with this membership type now or in the future.
I Agree13. IF I sign up for a membership, I understand that membership renewals can be made for the same price as the previous years membership as long as no break in membership occurred.I understand these terms if I choose to proceed with this membership type now or in the future.
Signature:February 1, 2023