Today's Date: January 28, 2020
Indoor Range Rules of Conduct
Universal Safety Rules:
- Handle all firearms as if they were loaded
- Always keep the firearm pointed downrange in a safe direction
- Keep your finger off of the trigger until you are ready to fire
- Be certain that your target and surrounding areas are safe before firing
Indoor Range Rules
- Eye and ear protection is required at all times. WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND THE USE OF EAR PLUGS AND EAR MUFFS.
- The instructions of the Range Safety Officer are to be followed at all times. The range safety officer has the authority to inspect all firearms and ammunition and will deny any they deem unsafe.
- If a cease fire is called, stop shooting and take your finger off the trigger
- Don’t rely on your firearms ‘safety’, it is a manmade device that can fail
- Use correct ammunition
- No drawing from the holster
- NO RAPID FIRE
- Please do not shoot anything except for the target
- Firearm must be in a case to enter and exit the range
- Be sure the barrel is clear of obstructions before shooting
- NO MOVEMENT FORWARD OF THE FIRING LINE AT ANY TIME!
- Do not hang targets outside of the specified area
- Only one loaded firearm will be permitted at a time
- A maximum of two shooters will be permitted in a single stall
- If a shooter needs to leave the stall for any reason, they must ensure their firearm is fully unloaded and that the action is visible and open and pointed downrange
- Due to potential lead hazards, women who are pregnant will not be permitted in the range
- No food or drinks in the range at any time
- No smoking or chewing tobacco will be permitted in the range
- No cross fire
- If you experience a malfunction or have a problem that requires immediate assistance, please ensure your firearm is safe and the muzzle is pointed downrange and call for help from the Range Safety Officer
- Valid government issued photo ID will be required.
- No armor piercing, penetrating, tracer incendiary or explosive ammunition is permitted. Single projectile only, IE. No buckshot or birdshot.
- BRASS ONLY No steel or aluminum casings are permitted
- Please clean up any trash IN YOUR LANE ONLY. Brass included – DO NOT REACH BEYOND THE FIRING LINE AT ANY TIME! All brass left will become the property of The Sportsman’s Shop.
- You may not clean your firearm in the range.
- Subject to the approval and discretion of the Range Safety Officer and the direct supervision of a parent/guardian and their completion of the range waiver, anyone between the ages of 10 – 17 can utilize the range. Those 18 years and older may qualify to use the range and rent certain firearms on their own.
Indoor Range Dress Code
- Hearing and eye protection must be worn at all times while on the range.
- No low cut shirts
- No tank tops
- No sleeveless shirts
- Shoes that completely cover and protect the feet
Rental Gun Policy
- If you do NOT own a firearm you MUST have someone with you in order to rent any firearm.
- If you plan on coming in alone to rent a firearm, you MUST already own a firearm and bring it with you to the range.
- You MUST use in range ammo for all rental guns.
- You are required to present a valid ID at the time of rental.
- You must watch our range safety video and complete our range waiver.
I attest that I have read and understand all of the above.
(READ CAREFULLY - THIS RANGE RELEASE AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS)
PARTICIPANT AND SUPERVISOR (IF APPLICABLE) PLEASE INITIAL THOSE THAT APPLY:
(NOTE: A Supervisor must fill out one Release for him/herself and one on behalf of the minor Participant)
I am in good health, and have no physical, mental, or psychological disabilities or limitations which would or might make using TSS Range unsafe for me or others. If, while using TSS Range, I become aware of or develop any limitations or disabilities, or I realize that I cannot safely participate, I agree to immediately notify TSS Staff and leave the premises at once. I will not perform or attempt to perform any activity which I feel is unsafe, or which is beyond my capabilities or level of training. I understand I may leave at any time.
I understand that entering TSS Range involves inherent risks, including death or serious bodily injury, by way of example only, by being shot by my or someone else's firearm; being struck by a ricochet, bullet fragment,splatter or splashback from a target; having a firearm explode in my or someone else's hands; tripping and falling,etc. I acknowledge that TSS can neither guarantee my safety, nor the appropriate behavior of other Participants. I hereby assume all risks involved, both foreseen and unforeseen, and I specifically indemnify and hold harmless TSS, its agents, successors and/or assigns for any injury or loss I experience while at TSS Range.
I have read and understood all TSS Safety Rules. I will obey them and any verbal instructions by TSS Staff, or be asked to leave. I will immediately report to TSS Staff any rule violation I observe.
I am an ADULT (18 years old or older) or I am a MINOR (17 years old or younger), and I am accompanied by a ADULT Supervisor (18 or older).
I attest that I have read and understood all of this document, which constitutes the entire agreement between myself, the minor Participant in my care (if applicable) and TSS. I further attest that I agree with all initialed statements.
We respect your privacy and will never sell, rent, lease or give away your information to any third party. We protect your info as we do our own.