This document pertains to the agreement between MYSELF, the undersigned, and MAKEIT LABS CORP. (hereby referred to as the RELEASEE), that is prerequisite for access to and use of the RELEASEE?S equipment and facilities located at: 25 Crown St. Nashua, NH 03060. This is for guest access to the RELEASEE's facility, and does not grant the same privledges as a membership. Your photo will be taken as part of the waiver process.
Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement
- In consideration for receiving permission to access the RELEASEE'S facilities and make use of the related contents and equipment, I hereby RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE THE RELEASEE from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions and causes of action whatsoever arising out of or related to any LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY, INCLUDING DEATH, that may be sustained by me, or any of the property belonging to me, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEE OR OTHERWISE, while participating in such use, or while in, on or upon the RELEASEE'S premises.
- I am fully aware of the unusual risks involved and hazards connected with any kind of use of the RELEASEE'S facilities and equipment, especially the operation of machine tools and related metalworking and woodworking activity, and I hereby elect to voluntarily participate in said activity with full knowledge that said activity may be hazardous to me or my property. I VOLUNTARILY ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY RISK OF LOSS, PROPERTY DAMAGE OR PERSONAL INJURY, INCLUDING DEATH, which may be sustained by me, or any loss or damage to property, owned by me, as a result of being engaged in such activity, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEE OR OTHERWISE.
- I further hereby AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE RELEASEE from any loss, liability, damage or costs, including court costs and attorney fees, which may be incurred due to my participation in said activity, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEE OR OTHERWISE.
- It is my EXPRESS INTENT that this WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT shall bind the members of my family and spouse, if I am alive, and my heirs, assigns and personal representative, if I am deceased, and shall be deemed as a RELEASE, WAIVER, DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE THE RELEASEE. I hereby further agree that this WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New Hampshire.
- IN SIGNING THIS RELEASE, I ACKNOWLEDGE AND REPRESENT THAT I have read the foregoing WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT, understand it and sign it voluntarily as my own free act and deed; no oral representations, statements, or inducements, apart from the foregoing written agreement, have been made; I am at least eighteen (18) years of age and fully competent; and I execute this RELEASE for full, adequate and complete consideration, fully intending to be bound by the same.
MakeIt Labs Policies and Code of Conduct
MakeIt Labs strives to provide a safe, productive and fun work environment for its members. In light of this mission, we ask you to obey the following policies and procedures for working in our facility. Failure to obey these policies and procedures can make our facilities dangerous or unwelcoming to others, and such actions on your part may result in your access being terminated without notice. Please take them seriously. We reserve the right to change these policies and procedures as needed.
- Obey all posted signs and literature pertaining to safe use of our facilities. These include but are not limited to signs regarding appropriate shop clothing and protective gear, techniques for safe equipment use, material-specific precautions for equipment, and machine tool lockouts.
- Do not use equipment you are not comfortable with or trained to use. Our strong preference is that you not operate heavy machinery without a partner in the facility; operate it individually at your own risk. Default to asking for help if uncertain.
- Adhere to the following dress code:
- FOOTWEAR - Steel toe boots are recommended. Soft soles and stable platforms provide the most secure footing. Leather shoes required for metal work. No high heels or open-toed shoes in the garage area.
- Clothing on your person should NOT hang away from the body. Long pants and long sleeves not made of polyester or synthetic fabricsare highly recommended when performing any action that produces sparks. Long sleeves are NOT recommended for any machining work (lathes, mills, etc.)
- JEWELRY - Studs on the ears and face are fine. Bracelets, rings, necklaces, and watches should be avoided.
- Clean up after yourself. Always leave ample time to clean up when you are finished. Any spills should be cleaned in an appropriate manner immediately.
- Immediately obtain first aid for any injury and report to shop managers. When determining the severity of the injury, always err on the side of caution.
- Be aware of all equipment around you, especially that with moving parts.
- Check that all pieces and tooling are properly secured before operating equipment.
- Remove all chuck keys, wrenches, and other tools from the machinery after making adjustments.
- Work with a partner when appropriate--do not try to move heavy objects nor support heavy pieces by yourself.
- Properly prepare stock before use. Store stock in a respectful manner.
- Only one person should be operating a machine at a time.
- The social lounge and kitchen areas are for sitting and talking and eating. Do not do these things at or while operating machines.
- Ensure that you are working in a properly lit space.
- Do not use compressed air to clean machinery, work surfaces, or yourself.
- Do not attempt maintenance or repair work on running equipment.
- Do not leave machines running unattended.
- Do not attempt to stop running equipment with any part of your body.
- In a shared and open facility like ours, it is possible for less experienced members to operate equipment dangerously without knowing it. Please stay on the lookout for unsafe behavior, and approach and offer feedback to fellow members if you believe they are working unsafely.
- Please notify resource managers of any problem with the facility, machines, or other members in the space as soon as you notice them. Something that does not feel or sound right is likely not working right.
- Report any lost keys to the space, tools, or machinery immediately.
- Stow materials, tools, and scrap appropriately. Do not pose a tripping hazard or put tools at risk for damage.
- Respect all people, equipment and space.
- In both in-person and electronic interactions, behave respectfully, courteously, and professionally to your fellow members. No discrimination, harassment, or hate speech shall be tolerated.
- Please be open to constructive feedback from fellow members, especially as it pertains to safe use of our equipment and disrespectful communication or behavior.
Courtesy of Individual Spaces:
- If you are licensing space from us, please keep your individual space relatively orderly.
- Do not enter any individual workspaces that are not yours without explicit permission.
Courtesy of Shared Spaces:
- Keep noise levels to a respectful minimum for the comfort and enjoyment of those in the immediate area.
- No loud music, tool use or other noise will be permitted in the open rental areas without the explicit permission of the members around you.
- No fumes or flames are permitted in unventilated areas.
- Restore the shared spaces to be as clean as or cleaner than when you found them.
- Please respect and do not interrupt any official activities or classes in the shared spaces.
- Non-member guests are permitted at MakeIt Labs so long as they agree to and sign this waiver and do not interfere with other members.
- Guests under the age of 18 are permitted if accompanied by the parent or guardian who has co-signed their waiver.
- Guests must be working directly with their host member.
- Guests and their actions are the sole responsibility of the host member.