- All firearms brought onto premises must be either unloaded in a gun case or holder or, if loaded, in a holster. Rocky Mountain GunClub, LLC reserves the right to inspect any firearm/ammunition on our premises.
- After payment at the counter, put on your ear and eye protection and enter the range through the range door. Put your equipment atthe booth assigned to you and clamp the target to the holder. The switch on theleftside of the booth sends the target forward. Distancein yards is measured on the side of the bay.
- Eye and ear protection is required at all times while on the range. Treat every firearm as if it was loaded and never point your firearmat anything you are not willing to destroy or kill.
- No one is allowed inside the range area unless they have read these range rules, signed the liability waiver, and been assigned a laneby RMGC staff. Do not change lanes without first receiving a new lane assignmentfrom RMGC staff.
- No eating, drinking, gum, smoking or use of smokeless tobacco is permitted on the range at anytime.
- Alcoholic beverages and/or illegal drugs are prohibited on RMGC property and are not to be used prior to arrival at the range. We havethe right to refuse service to anyone. Anyone who has the smell of alcohol ordrugs on their breath or clothes, or who appears to beimpaired, will be asked to leave RMGC property.
- Only two people are permitted in a shooting booth at a time. Only one loaded gun is permitted in a shooting booth at a time. No oneis allowed forward of the booth for any reason. Only people given permission byRMGC staff may use the tactical firing line.
- Case and uncase the gun only in your booth. Never case or uncase any gun anywhere else. Keep the barrel of the gun pointed downrangeat all times. If you have more than one firearm, use only one at a time. Whenfinished, properly case unloaded firearm and ammunitionif different caliber before uncasing the next one. With the exception of RMGC sponsored leagues, all firing will be conducted fromthe booth firing line. The bench behind the firing line is to be used for equipment placement only, and is not to be used to load firearmsor to place uncased firearms. No uncased/unholstered firearms off the firing line.
- No steel shot, bird shot, steel cased, steel jacket, steel core, tracer, explosive, or metal-piercing ammunition is permitted. All ammoshould be jacketed brass. No shotguns or shotgun shells, which include Taurus"Judge" style revolvers may be used unless given permissionfrom RMGC staff first. Shooters causing damage to RMGC property by using unauthorized firearms or ammunition will beheldaccountable for their actions and required to reimburse RMGC for costs incurred in repairing damages. If you are unclear on this, or haveany questions, be sure to ask a RMGC employee before taking the firearm/ammunition onto the range.
- If you experience any problem with a firearm, place the firearm on the table in the booth pointed downrange and ask RMGC rangesafety officer for assistance. If you drop equipment, put firearm on table, pointed down range, before retrieving it. If it falls in front ofthe firing line, ask RMGC range safety officer for assistance in retrieving item. No one is permitted to reach or be in front of the firing line.
- All shots fired are to be aimed. Keep your finger off the trigger and outside the trigger guard until your sights are on target and youhave made the conscious decision to shoot. Know your target and what's behind it (you will be asked to leave if foundshooting the floor, walls, ceiling). Fast fire anddraw practice is not allowed on the range unless specifically arranged in advance with RMGC management. Members may draw from theholster after completing thesafety check.
- Shooters will only fire at paper targets hung from the carrier in their assigned lane. Cross-lane firing, or shooting at anything otherthan your own target is strictly prohibited. Any person seen firing at lights, baffles, carriers, walls, or any other range property or equipmentwill be removed from the range, barred from future use of RMGC facilities, and reported to the proper authorities for appropriateaction. You will be held accountableand may have to pay for any damage you cause by not following these range rules.
- All shooters must obey the instruction of RMGC staff at all times. Failure to obey instruction or acting in an unsafe manner may resultin removal/suspension from the range. We want you to enjoy your time on therange and return to shoot often. We are here to assistand serve you.
- When you are finished shooting or your time has expired, unload your gun, pack up your unloaded gun, clean up around your boothby throwing used targets and other trash in the receptacle provided. Wash handsafter shooting to remove any lead dust. Please informthe staff of any equipment that does not appear to be operating properly.
- Any equipment or other personal items left unattended on the range or in the store is done so at the owner's risk. After 30 days allitems become RMGC property.
- Reloaders may recover their own brass from the range provided it is not forward of the firing line. Brass previously left on the rangeby other shooters is the property of RMGC and is not permitted to be removed.
- Everyone using the range must be 18 years old or older, and is required to know these rules and to sign a liability waiver. Anyoneunder 18 must be accompanied by his or her legal guardian who is required tosupervise the minor at all times while the minor is on therange., and to sign a liability waiver with the minor and on the minor's behalf.
**Pregnant women are strongly discouraged from shooting. No late pregnancy shooters will be allowed on the range due to healthconcerns from sound percussions.
Waiver, Hold Harmless & Indemnity Agreement
In consideration of being permitted to enter the buildings, range, land and premises (herein after the 'premises') owned by Rocky Mountain Gun Club LLC, and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, the Undersigned agrees to the following:
The Undersigned agrees to indemnify, hold harmless and defend Rocky Mountain Gun Club LLC and any of its employees, directors, paid contractors, employed instructors, officers or agents (herein after 'RMGC'), from any fault, liabilities, costs, expenses, claims, demands or lawsuits arising out of, related to or connected with:
Undersigned's presence in and/or participation in any premises activities including the discharge of firearms whether by the Undersigned or any other person; any instruction given by the instructor of a course; any and all acts or omissions of the Undersigned.
Undersigned also bears full financial responsibility for any damage caused by Undersigned's actions, including accidental.
Undersigned states here legally and truthfully that there are no legal restrictions to prohibit or restrict the handling, use, operation and/or possession of a firearm. This includes the conviction of a felony and/or any other firearm restrictions.
Should any such claim, demand or lawsuit arise or be asserted in any way whatsoever related thereto, the Undersigned will indemnify, hold harmless and defend RMGC, from any and all costs, expenses or liability including, but not limited to, the cost of any settlement or judgment made or rendered against RMGC, together with all costs of court and other costs or expenses incurred in connection with any such claim, demand or lawsuit, including attorney's fees.
The Undersigned furthermore waives for himself/herself and his/her executors, administrators, assignees or heirs any and all rights and claims for damages, losses, demands and any other actions whatsoever, which he/she may have or which may arise against RMGC, (including, but not limited to any and all injuries, damages or illnesses suffered by the Undersigned or the Undersigned's property) which may, in any way whatsoever, arise out of, be related to or be connected with: the course of instruction; the premises, including any latent defect in the premises; the Undersigned's presence on or use of said premises; the Undersigned's property (whether or not entrusted to RMGC); and the discharge of firearms. RMGC shall not be liable for, and the Undersigned on behalf of himself/herself and his/her executors, administrators, assignees, or heirs, hereby expressly releases RMGC from any and all such claims. The Undersigned hereby expressly assumes the risk of entering the premises and of taking part in activities on the premises, which include, but are not limited to, instruction in the use of firearms, the discharge of firearms, and the firing of live ammunition, including but not limited to 'hand-loaded' or non-factory manufactured ammunition.
The Undersigned furthermore hereby acknowledges and agrees that he/she has read this instrument and understands its terms and is executing this instrument voluntarily. The Undersigned furthermore hereby acknowledges and agrees that he/she understands and will at all times abide by all rules and procedures stated by RMGC.
Assumption of Risk, Release & Indemnity Agreement
I hereby acknowledge that I have voluntarily applied to enter to and to engage in or to observe shooting and other activities at shooting range ('Range') of the Rocky Mountain Gun Club LLC ('the LLC'). I further acknowledge and understand that ?shooting and other activities? includes any and all activities of any kind whatsoever in which I engage or observe while at the Range, whether sponsored by the LLC or not.
In consideration of being permitted by the LLC to enter on to the Range, to use Range facilities or equipment and to engage in or observe shooting and other activities at the Range, the sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, I agree as follows:
I acknowledge and understand that shooting activities are inherently hazardous and involve both known and unanticipated risks which could result in damage or destruction of property and physical or emotional injury, including permanent injury or death, of myself or of other persons. The risks include, but are not limited to:
- being shot by or shooting myself or others;
- partial or total loss of eyesight or hearing;
- inhalation or other harmful contact with lead or other contaminants; and
- being struck by flying falling objects.
I understand that such risks cannot be eliminated without compromising the essential qualities of shooting activities.
I further acknowledge and understand that the nature and condition of the Range facilities, premises and environment is such that both known and unanticipated hazards exist which create or contribute to both known and unanticipated risks inherent in entering on to the Range, in using Range facilities and engaging in or observing any activities of any kind whatsoever while at the Range. I understand that such hazards and risks cannot be eliminated without compromising the essential qualities of the Range facilities, equipment, premises and environment.
I further acknowledge and understand that the LLC has no duty to undertake first-aid or rescue operations or procedures in the event any such property damage or physical or emotional injury occurs, and that any such operations or procedures may result in compounded or increased damages or injuries.
I further acknowledge and understand that the LLC makes no warranty as to the design, manufacture, maintenance, condition or fitness for any particular purpose of any Range facilities or equipment, including, but not limited to: firearms, ammunition, eye/hearing protection, and first-aid supplies.
I agree to accept and assume any and all risks existing on the Range and in using Range facilities or equipment and in engaging in or observing shooting and other activities at the Range.
I agree to abide by all the LLC and Range rules. If I don?t abide by these rules I claim full financial responsibility for any damage or breakage.
On behalf of myself, and my heirs, guardians, representatives and assigns and anyone else claiming by or through me. I hereby release and forever discharge the LLC and agree not to file suit against the LLC from and against any and all claims, demands, damages, expenses, causes of action, attachments of property, or liability of any kind whatsoever, including reasonable attorneys? fees and costs, that I, my heirs, guardians, representatives or assigns, or anyone else claiming by or through me, may have for property damage, personal injury or death, whether suffered by me, or by anyone else, resulting from my entering on to the Range, using Range facilities or equipment or engaging in or observing shooting and other activities at the Range, except as those acts result from a willful and wonton act or omission by the LLC.
I understand that, as used in this Agreement, 'LLC' includes any and all officers, directors, instructors, attorneys, agents, employees, contractors, volunteers, guests and affiliated individuals or organizations of the LLC.
I acknowledge and agree that this Agreement shall be interpreted and enforced under the laws of the State of Colorado, and that the venue for any action or proceeding shall be the courts of Mesa County, Colorado.
I further acknowledge and agree that this Agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by law, and that if any provision or portion is held to be invalid, void or otherwise unenforceable, I agree and intend that the remaining provisions or portion shall continue in full legal force and effect. I further acknowledge and agree that it is my understanding and intent that this Agreement, and any signed written amendments or modifications to it shall remain in full force and effect from the date of execution and ever after and shall be applicable to each and every occasion that I or my guests enter on to the Range, use Range facilities or equipment or engage in or observe shooting and other activities at the Range.
I have carefully read this Agreement and fully know its contents. I acknowledge that no other inducement, assurance or guarantee has been made to me in consideration of my signing this Agreement, which I sign voluntarily and of my own free will. I further acknowledge and agree that this Agreement may be amended or modified only by a writing signed by me and by an authorized agent of the LLC.
I UNDERSTAND THAT BY MY SIGNATURE I AM GIVING UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS, THAT I AM AGREEING NOT TO SUE AND RELEASING AND HOLDING HARMLESS THE LLC OF ALL LIABILITY.