Today's Date: December 3, 2023
Notice - By signing this document you may be waiving certain legal rights, including the right to sue.
Release and Waiver of Claims; Assumption of the Risk; Indemnification Agreement
In consideration of being allowed to use the facilities and participate in Aerial Park/Zipline and other activities (collectively the "Activities") provided by Treetop Quest Dunwoody, LLC (the "Host"), the Participant, and the Participant's parent(s) or legal guardian(s) if the Participant is a minor, do hereby agree, to the fullest extent permitted by law, as follows:
1) TO WAIVE ALL CLAIMS that they have or may have against the Host arising out of the Participant's participation in the Activities or the use of any equipment provided by the Host ("Equipment"), including while receiving instruction and/or training;
2) TO ASSUME ALL RISKS of participating in the Activities and using the Equipment, even those caused by the negligent acts or conduct of the Host, its owners, affiliates, operators, employees, agents, and/or officers. The Participant and his/her parent(s) or legal guardian(s) understand that there are inherent risks of participating in the Activities and using the Equipment, which may be both foreseen and unforeseen and include serious physical injury and death;
3) TO RELEASE the Host, its owners, affiliates, operators, employees, agents, and officers from all liability for any loss, damage, injury, death, or expense that the Participant (or his/her next of kin) may suffer, arising out of his/her participation in the Activities and/or use of the Equipment, including while receiving instruction and/or training. The Participant and his/her parent(s) or legal guardian(s) specifically understand that they are releasing any and all claims that arise or may arise from any negligent acts or conduct of the Host, its owners, affiliates, operators, employees, agents, and/or officers, to the fullest extent permitted by law. However, nothing in this Agreement shall be construed as a release for conduct that is found to constitute gross negligence or intentional conduct; and
4) TO INDEMNIFY the Host, its owners, affiliates, operators, employees, agents, and/or officers, from all liability for any loss, damage, injury, death, or expense that the Participant (or his/her next of kin) may suffer, arising out of participation in the Activities and/or use of the Equipment, including while receiving instruction and/or training.
Participant hereby grants to the Host, its representatives, and employees the right to take photographs/videos of Participant in connection with Participant's participation in the Activities. Participant hereby authorizes the Host to copyright, use, and publish the same in print and/or electronically. Participant hereby agrees that the Host may use such photographs of Participant for any lawful purpose, including but not limited to publicity, illustration, advertising, and Web content.
The Participant and his/her parent(s) or legal guardian(s) certify that Participant has no physical or mental condition that precludes him/her from participating in the Activities and that he/she is not participating against medical advice.
The Participant and his/her parent(s) or legal guardian(s) understand that Participant's participation in the Activities is voluntary and further understand that they have the opportunity to inspect the Host's Equipment and facilities before any participation.
The Participant and his/her parent(s) or legal guardian(s) understand that Participant is obligated to follow the rules of the Activities and that he/she can minimize his/her risk of injury by doing so and through the exercise of common sense and by being aware of his/her surroundings.
If, while participating in the Activities, the Participant or his/her parent(s) or legal guardian(s) observe any unusual hazard or condition, which they believe jeopardizes Participant's personal safety or that of others, Participant and/or his/her parent(s) or legal guardian(s) will remove Participant from participation in the Activities and immediately bring said hazard or condition to the attention of the Host.
To the extent that any portion of this Agreement is deemed to be invalid under the law of the applicable jurisdiction, the remaining portions of the Agreement shall remain binding and available for use by the Host and its counsel in any proceeding.
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT AND I AM AWARE THAT BY SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT I MAY BE WAIVING CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE.
COVID-19 RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK
The individual named below (referred to as "I" or "me") desires to enter the premises of TREETOP QUEST DUNWOODY, LLC, a Georgia Limited Liability Company (the "Company") located at 2341 Peeler Road, Dunwoody, GA 30338 (the "Premises") to engage in aerial adventure parks featuring zip-lines and treetop obstacles (the "Activity"). As lawful consideration for being permitted by the Company to be on the Premises and engage in the Activity, I agree to all the terms and conditions set forth in this agreement (this "Agreement").
1. I am aware of the highly contagious nature of the 2019 novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) (the "Disease") and the risk that I may be exposed to or contract the Disease by being on the Premises and engaging in the Activity. I understand and acknowledge that such exposure or infection may result in serious illness, personal injury, permanent disability, death, or property damage. I acknowledge that this risk may result from or be compounded by the actions, omissions, or negligence of others, including Company employees. I understand that while the Company has implemented preventative measures to reduce the spread of the Disease, the Company cannot guarantee that I will not become infected with the Disease while on the Premises and that being on the Premises may increase my risk of contracting the Disease. NOTWITHSTANDING THE RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH THE DISEASE, I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I AM VOLUNTARILY ENTERING THE PREMISES TO ENGAGE IN THE ACTIVITY WITH KNOWLEDGE OF THE DANGER INVOLVED. I HEREBY AGREE TO ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL RISKS OF PERSONAL INJURY, ILLNESS, DISABILITY, DEATH, OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, ARISING FROM MY BEING ON THE PREMISES OR ENGAGING IN THE ACTIVITY, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE COMPANY OR OTHERWISE.
2. I hereby expressly waive and release any and all claims, now known or hereafter known, against the Company, and its officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, members, successors, and assigns (collectively, "Releasees"), on account of injury, illness, disability, death, or property damage arising out of or attributable to my being on the Premises or engaging in the Activity, whether arising out of the negligence of the Company or any Releasees or otherwise. I covenant not to make or bring any such claim against the Company or any other Releasee, and forever release and discharge the Company and all other Releasees from liability under such claims.
3. I am familiar with federal, state, and local laws, orders, directives, and guidelines related to the Disease, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidance on the Disease. I will comply with all such orders, directives, and guidelines while on the Premises, including, without limitation, requirements related to hand sanitation, social distancing, and use of face coverings. I will also follow all instructions of the Company while on the Premises. I agree not to enter the Premises if I am experiencing symptoms of the Disease (such as cough, shortness of breath, or fever), have a confirmed or suspected case of the Disease, have not traveled to areas of known infection in the last 14 days, or have come in contact in the last 14 days with a person who has been confirmed or suspected of having the Disease.
4. This Agreement constitutes the sole and entire agreement of the Company and me with respect to the subject matter contained herein and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous understandings, agreements, representations, and warranties, both written and oral, with respect to such subject matter. If any term or provision of this Agreement is invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of this Agreement or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction. This Agreement is binding on and shall inure to the benefit of the Company and me and our respective successors and assigns. All matters arising out of or relating to this Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Georgia without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule (whether of the State of Georgia or any other jurisdiction).
BY SIGNING, I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT AND THAT I AM VOLUNTARILY GIVING UP SUBSTANTIAL LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE THE COMPANY.
Date: December 3, 2023