Today's Date: May 18, 2021
Mount Hermon Adventures programs are designed for participants in reasonably good health. Those needing special consideration are encouraged to contact us prior to participation. Cameras are welcome, however, you are solely responsible for its transport and condition. We cannot be responsible for any valuables dropped from the courses, left in the Adventure Center, or in your vehicle.
Please review the following regulations:
- You must wear sturdy, closed-toe shoes for all activities.
- Youth under age 18 must have a parent or legal guardian sign the Agreement Form.
- Youth programs may not exceed 15 participants per chaperone.
Attire and preparation:
- Please wear appropriate protective clothing.
- Please no tank tops, short-inseam shorts, dresses or skirts.
- Please remove loose or dangling jewelry, body piercings, bulky rings, necklaces, bracelets and personal electronics.
- Please tie back and secure long hair.
If you have any of the following medical conditions we STRONGLY recommend consulting your physician prior to participation, and discussing any concerns with your facilitator/guide:
- Insulin dependent.
- Severe allergic reactions.
- Take any blood thinning medications.
- Severe recent, or reoccurring injuries.
- Heart disease or a cardiac condition that may require immediate medical attention.
You cannot participate in the program if you are:
- Pregnant or think you may be pregnant.
- Under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs, or legal drugs that impair you in any way.
Please read the specific participant requirements for your activity:
Redwood Canopy Tours:
- At least 10 years old.
- At least 52 inches tall (4'4" / 132 cm).
- Between 75-250 lbs (34-113 kg).
Sequoia Aerial Adventure and Zayante Teambuilding Course:
- At least 10 years old.
- At least 54 inches tall (4'6" / 137cm).
- Between 75-250 lbs (34-113 kg).
- At least 5 years old.
- Between 45-250 lbs (21-113 kg).
- An adult must accompany each participant under 7 years old.
PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY AS IT IS REQUIRED TO BE SIGNED BEFORE PARTICIPATING IN MOUNT HERMON ACTIVITIES.
Mount Hermon welcomes you to participate in fun, excitement, new adventures and challenges at its facilities and programs. Along with adventures, activities and challenges are risks. To ensure a successful experience, Mount Hermon wants you to be fully aware of the risks connected with the various activities so you can make a fully informed decision regarding participation. By signing below, the undersigned party(ies) certifies and agrees as follows:
1. Voluntary Authorization. The participation of the undersigned, and/or if applicable, the participation of the undersigned's child(ren) in Mount Hermon activities and programs is completely voluntary, and the undersigned's authorization of such participation is completely voluntary. The undersigned, acknowledges that he and /or if applicable, the undersigned's child(ren) do not have any medical condition which might create a risk of safety for them or for others who are participating in the activities and programs.
2. Acknowledgment of Risks. The undersigned understands the Mount Hermon activities and programs and those in which the undersigned's child(ren) will be participating. Further, the undersigned fully acknowledges and has instructed his child(ren) in the importance of abiding by Mount Hermon's rules, regulations and safety procedures. The undersigned recognizes that certain hazards, risks and dangers are inherent by the physical location of the Mount Hermon facilities and in its numerous activities and programs. These include, but are not limited to the use of unpaved trails, the participation in the activities of swimming, diving, boating, rafting, kayaking, surfing, or other water or beach activities, horseback riding, zip lines, biking, ropes course, rock climbing, inline skating, paintball, target activities, including BB guns and archery, high ropes/adventure courses, slip and slides, inflatable bounce activities, and various other sporting activities. These activities have related hazards and risks such as falls, dizziness, stress, bruises, scratches, strains, sprains, contact with poisonous plants, heat exhaustion, dehydration, embarrassment, anxiety, collisions, equipment failures, contact with other participants, eye injuries, joint or back injuries, heart attacks, and concussions. The undersigned acknowledges that by entering our facilities and/or using equipment and activities they assume all risk associated with the possible exposure to or transmission of the COVID-19 virus and other illnesses. The undersigned additionally acknowledges that this description of risks and hazards is not complete and that other unknown or unanticipated risks may result in illness, injury, death, and loss, both to person and property and that the risks may be extremely serious.
3. Assumption and Acceptance of All Risks. In consideration of allowing participation in Mount Hermon activities, today and on all future dates,the undersigned knows, understands and appreciates that the above specified risks and other unknown or unanticipated risks may occur by the participation in Mount Hermon's activities and that the undersigned and/or on behalf of his child(ren) voluntarily assumes and knowingly and fully accepts all known and unknown risks and injuries.
4. Release of Claims and Waiver. Further, in consideration of Mount Hermon permitting the undersigned and/or his child(ren) to attend or visit the property of Mount Hermon and participate in its activities and programs, the undersigned for himself, his estate, heirs, assigns and/or on behalf of his child(ren) releases Mount Hermon and its trustees, directors, officers, managers, employees, agents, volunteers, its affiliated organizations, representatives and successors (hereinafter "Related Parties") from any and all liability and waives any and all claims for personal injury, loss or damage, including attorneys' fees, in any way connected with or arising out of Mount Hermon's activities, programs or facilities from whatever cause, excluding therefrom any intentional and/or willful acts of misconduct by Mount Hermon.
5. Indemnity. On behalf of the undersigned, and/or if applicable his/her child(ren), the undersigned hereby agrees to indemnify, defend, protect and hold harmless Mount Hermon and Related Parties for and from any and all claims for any liability, injury, loss, damage, or expense, including attorney's fees (including cost of defending any claim the undersigned might make or that might be made on behalf of the undersigned and/or the undersigned's child(ren)), which is in any way related to or arising out of the undersigned's and/or the undersigned's child's(ren's) participation in Mount Hermon activities and programs, excluding therefrom any intentional and/or willful acts of misconduct by Mount Hermon.
6. Property Damages. The undersigned understands and agrees that he is responsible for any damage to Mount Hermon property caused, in part or whole, by the undersigned and/or his child(ren). The undersigned agrees that Mount Hermon or Related Parties will not be responsible or liable in any manner for the personal property of the participants.
7. Medical Treatment and Transportation. The undersigned authorizes Mount Hermon to obtain such medical care or transportation as it considers necessary and appropriate on behalf of the undersigned, and/or if applicable his child(ren), and the undersigned shall pay all costs associated with such medical care and transportation.
8. Additional Provisions. Throughout this form, except where the context requires otherwise, the gender shall be deemed to include the feminine and masculine, and the singular number shall be deemed to include the plural, and vice versa. Any dispute between Mount Hermon or a Related Party and the undersigned will be governed by the laws of the State of California, and any arbitration or suit shall take place in the State of California and County of Santa Cruz. If any provision of this document is held to be void or otherwise unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, the remaining provisions shall nevertheless be fully enforceable and unimpaired by such holding.
I, on behalf of myself and any minor child(ren), hereby give my permission and consent to the taking of photographs, video, or other media and agree that such material may be published and otherwise used by Mount Hermon for purposes it deems appropriate without compensation to me or my child(ren).
The undersigned warrants and represents that he has authority to release and waive the foregoing for himself, his estate, heirs, assigns and if applicable his child(ren) being registered for camp, that the undersigned is at least eighteen (18) years of age and is under no mental or legal disability which would prevent him from understanding, signing and executing this document. The undersigned further represents that he has carefully read and fully understands the terms contained herein and that this is a release of liability, waiver and indemnity in which the undersigned is giving up important legal rights and that it is a contract between the undersigned and Mount Hermon and/ or its affiliated organizations and its Related Parties.