Today's Date: February 21, 2019
Rules Of Conduct
1. All climbers must use proper equipment. A staff member at The Crag must approve equipment brought into the Facility before use.
2. You must be approved by a staff member of The Crag before belaying, lead climbing, or lead belaying.
3. All belayers and climbers must utilize proper belaying technique and agree to DOUBLE CHECK their set-up before beginning a climb. The belayer will check the climber's gear and knots and the climber will check the belayers system and they will exchange confirmation that the setup is correct. This is most important and must be performed at the start of each and every climb!
4. Demonstrate caution around all pipes at the top of the walls. Do not grab them. They are part of the emergency sprinkler system for the facility.
5. Bouldering is allowed only over padded areas. Do not boulder underneath other climbers. It is recommended to have a minimum of one spotter per climber when bouldering. The boulderer's feet should not pass shoulder height when standing on the floor. A climber's voluntary participation in bouldering indicates an acknowledgement that bouldering is very dangerous and that a spotter may not prevent injuries. Spotters understand that the boulderer may injure them if they should fall while climbing.
6. Unless prior management approval has been given, participants must meet age requirements for the following activities:
- Belaying:14 years of age
- Bouldering (with parental supervision*):10 years of age
- Bouldering (without parental supervision):12 years of age
*Parental supervision involves spotting the climber for each climb & making sure that they are following safe climbing practices.
7. Guests age 12 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian, unless prior management approval has been given.
8. Do not swing on the ropes, tumble on padded areas or run. Unruly conduct will be cause for removal from The Crag.
9. No food or drinks are allowed on the padded areas.
10. The Crag and its employees are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
11. No climbing or belaying is allowed while under the influence of intoxicating substances. The use of smokeless tobacco is prohibited inside the facility.
12. The use of vulgar language or improper conduct is not permitted.
The Crag reserves the right to add to the above list as it sees appropriate in an effort to provide a safe environment for its patrons. Refusal to abide by any rules can be cause for loss of climbing privileges without a refund.
I UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO ABIDE BY THESE RULES WHILE AT THE GYM.
PARTICIPANT AGREEMENT, RELEASE AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RISK
In consideration of the services of The Crag, LLC, its agents, officers, volunteers, participants, employees, and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf (hereinafter collectively referred to as "Gym") and/or participating in trips and/or climbing activities sponsored by or involving the Gym, I hereby agree to release and discharge the Gym, on behalf of myself, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and estate as follows:
1. I acknowledge that climbing on artificial walls and/or natural rock surfaces entail known and unanticipated risks which could result in physical or emotional injury, paraylsis, death, or damage to myself, to property or to third parties. I understand that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeapordizing the essential qualities of the activity. The risks include, but are not limited to, among other things: falling off the wall; loose and/or damaged artificial holds; rented equipment failure; falling to the ground, on other users, or being fallen on by other users; abrasions from the walls, ropes, pads, or the floor; equipment failure; belay and/or belayer failure; climbing out of control or beyond one's personal limits; the negligence of other climbers, visitors, participants, or other persons who may be present; musculoskeletal injuries and/or over training; head injuries; or my own negligence. Furthermore, Gym employees have difficult jobs to perform. They seek safety, but they are not infallible. They might be unaware of a participant's fitness or abilities. They may give inadequate warnings or instructions, and the equipment being used might malfunction.
2. I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks existing in this activity. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate in spite of the risks. In addition, I understand that wearing a helmet while climbing at the Gym or participating in trips and/or climbing exhibitions sponsored by or involving the Gym is recommended. If I choose not to wear a helmet, I agree to assume all risk of personal injury and death that may occur as a result of not wearing a helmet.
3. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Gym from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity or my use of the Gym's equipment or facilities, including any such claims which allege negligent acts or omissions of the Gym.
4. Should the Gym or anyone acting on its behalf, be required to incur attorney's fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
5. I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage that I may cause or suffer while participating, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further certify that I have no medical or physical conditions which could interfere with my safety in this activity or else I am willing to assume, and bear the costs of, all risks that may be created, directly or indirectly, by any such condition.
6. In the event that I file a lawsuit against the Gym, I agree to do so solely in the state of Tennessee, and I further agree that the substantive law of that state shall apply in that action without regard to the conflict of law rules of that state.
7. I understand that, while participating in activities at the Gym, my photograph might be taken and that those pictures can be used in promotional materials for The Crag, LLC.
By signing this document, I acknowledge that if anyone is hurt or property is damaged during my participation in this activity, I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against the Gym on the basis of any claim from which I have released from them therein.
I have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document. I have read and understood it, and I agree to be bound by its terms.