Today's Date: September 20, 2019
Rules Of Conduct
- Certain activities and areas of the gym have age restrictions. Exceptions may be made based on management and parental approval.
- Auto Belay: 10 years old
- Bouldering: 12 years old
- Belay: 14 years old
- Fitness Area: 14 years old
- Guests 14 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian unless prior management approval has been given.
- All types of climbing require an orientation, lesson or skill check from a Crag Staff member. This includes bouldering, auto belay, top rope and lead climbing.
- Before you use any gear in our facility for the first time, we'd like to inspect it.
- The use of approved gear checks, climbing commands, belay technique, risk management and climbing etiquette is expected.
- Please don't tumble on the padded areas.
- No running.
- Shirts must be worn at all times.
- Shoes must be worn in the fitness area.
- No bouldering in roped areas is allowed.
- Please do not swing on the ropes.
- Please don't swear or use vulgar language.
- No smoking, smokeless tobacco or use of electronic cigarettes is allowed within the facility.
- No climbing or belaying is allowed while under the influence of intoxivating substances.
- No weapons, including firearms and knives, are permitted within the facility.
I UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO ABIDE BY THESE RULES WHILE AT THE GYM.
PARTICIPANT AGREEMENT, RELEASE AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RISK
In consideration of the services of The Crag, LLC, its agents, officers, volunteers, participants, employees, and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf (hereinafter collectively referred to as "Gym") and/or participating in trips and/or climbing activities sponsored by or involving the Gym, I hereby agree to release and discharge the Gym, on behalf of myself, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and estate as follows:
1. I acknowledge that climbing on artificial walls and/or natural rock surfaces entail known and unanticipated risks which could result in physical or emotional injury, paraylsis, death, or damage to myself, to property or to third parties. I understand that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeapordizing the essential qualities of the activity. The risks include, but are not limited to, among other things: falling off the wall; loose and/or damaged artificial holds; rented equipment failure; falling to the ground, on other users, or being fallen on by other users; abrasions from the walls, ropes, pads, or the floor; equipment failure; belay and/or belayer failure; climbing out of control or beyond one's personal limits; the negligence of other climbers, visitors, participants, or other persons who may be present; musculoskeletal injuries and/or over training; head injuries; or my own negligence. Furthermore, Gym employees have difficult jobs to perform. They seek safety, but they are not infallible. They might be unaware of a participant's fitness or abilities. They may give inadequate warnings or instructions, and the equipment being used might malfunction.
2. I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks existing in this activity. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate in spite of the risks. In addition, I understand that wearing a helmet while climbing at the Gym or participating in trips and/or climbing exhibitions sponsored by or involving the Gym is recommended. If I choose not to wear a helmet, I agree to assume all risk of personal injury and death that may occur as a result of not wearing a helmet.
3. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Gym from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity or my use of the Gym's equipment or facilities, including any such claims which allege negligent acts or omissions of the Gym.
4. Should the Gym or anyone acting on its behalf, be required to incur attorney's fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
5. I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage that I may cause or suffer while participating, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further certify that I have no medical or physical conditions which could interfere with my safety in this activity or else I am willing to assume, and bear the costs of, all risks that may be created, directly or indirectly, by any such condition.
6. In the event that I file a lawsuit against the Gym, I agree to do so solely in the state of Tennessee, and I further agree that the substantive law of that state shall apply in that action without regard to the conflict of law rules of that state.
7. I understand that, while participating in activities at the Gym, my photograph might be taken and that those pictures can be used in promotional materials for The Crag, LLC.
By signing this document, I acknowledge that if anyone is hurt or property is damaged during my participation in this activity, I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against the Gym on the basis of any claim from which I have released from them therein.
I have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document. I have read and understood it, and I agree to be bound by its terms.