Please read carefully before signing. This is a release of liability and waiver of certain legal rights
TODAY'S DATE: September 23, 2019
In consideration for my being permitted to participate in the activities of Standup Paddling, or SUP, I agree to the following Waiver and Release:
I acknowledge that Paddleboarding / Kayaking has inherent risks, hazards, and dangers for anyone that cannot be eliminated, particularly in an outdoor aquatic environment. I UNDERSTAND THAT THESE RISKS, HAZARDS, AND DANGERS INCLUDE WITHOUT LIMITATION:
1. Water hazards in boating and wading in the rivers, lakes, ponds and pools including drowning;
2. Injuries occurring on land;
3. Injuries occurring from exercise and physical exertion;
4. Encounters with aquatic wildlife, animals, and insects;
5. Temperature extremes;
6. Inclement weather conditions and unavailability of immediate medical attention in the vicinity in case of injury.
- I understand the risks, hazards, and dangers of Paddleboarding / Kayakingand and have had the opportunity to discuss them with Colorado SUP Sports.
- I understand that these activities may require good physical conditioning and a degree of skill and knowledge. I believe I have that good physical conditioning and the degree of skill and knowledge necessary for me to engage in these activities safely.
- I understand that I have responsibilities. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary. No one is forcing me to participate and I elect to participate in spite of the risks. I AM VOLUNTARILY USING THE SERVICES OF Colorado SUP Sports WITH FULL KNOWLEDGE OF THE INHERENT RISKS, HAZARDS, AND DANGERS INVOLVED AND HEREBY ASSUME AND ACCEPT ANY AND ALL RISKS OF INJURY, PARALYSIS, OR DEATH.
- I understand that a personal flotation device / PFD is legally required on the stand up paddle vessel
Lastly, I, for myself, my heirs, successors, executors, and subrogees, hereby KNOWINGLY AND INTENTIONALLY WAIVE AND RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS Colorado SUP Sports, The Town of Parker, Rueter Hess Recreation Authority, and Parker Water and Sanitation District directors Colorado State Parks, Chatfield Reservoir, U,S. Army Corp of Engineers, officers, agents, employees, vendors, and volunteers from and against any and all claims, actions, causes of action, liabilities, suits, expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) which are related to, arise out of, or are in any way connected with my participation in this activity (SUP) including, but not limited to, NEGLIGENCE of any kind or nature, whether foreseen or unforeseen, arising directly or indirectly out of any damage, loss, injury, paralysis, or death to me or my property as a result of my engaging in these activities or the use of these services, animals or equipment, whether such damage, loss, injury, paralysis, or death results from negligence of Colorado SUP Sports or from some other cause.
I, for myself, my heirs, my successors, executors, and subrogees, further agree not to sue Colorado SUP Sports, The Town of Parker, Rueter Hess Recreation Authority, Parker Water and Sanitation District., Colorado State Parks, Chatfield Reservoir, or U.S. Army Coor of Engineers as a result of any injury, paralysis, or death suffered in connection with my use and participation in the activities of SUP.
I HAVE CAREFULLY READ, CLEARLY UNDERSTAND, AND VOLUNTARILY SIGN THIS WAIVER AND RELEASE AGREEMENT.