RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, ASSUMPTION OF RISKS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
(Hereinafter the "Release Agreement")
BY SIGNING THIS DOCUMENT YOU WILL WAIVE OR GIVE UP CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE OR CLAIM COMPENSATION FOLLOWING AN ACCIDENT PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
TODAY'S DATE: October 26, 2021
TO: Battle Archery Inc. and their respective directors, officers, employees, guides, agents, representatives, volunteers, independent contractors, subcontractors, sponsors,successors and assigns (all of whom are hereinafter collectively referred to as the "Releasees").
In this Release Agreement, the term "Activity" shall include any use or participation in the Lounge, Battle Archery games, competitions, training Archery Range, or Nerf Wars at the Battle Archery Inc. facility and related equipment, and any other activities, events or services provided, arranged, organized, sponsored or authorized by the Releasees in any way associated or connected with the Battle Archery Inc.
ASSUMPTION OF RISKS
I am aware that the Activity involves unusual risks, dangers and hazards including, but not limited to: accidents which may occur in the facility;slips and falls; malfunction of the equipment used as well as (i) sprains; (ii) strains; (iii) fractures; (iv) heat and cold injuries; (v) over-use syndrome; (vi) physical and emotional distress, (vii) accidents involving, but not limited to climbing,running, jumping, sliding, falling, and swinging ;(viii) heart attack, (ix) brain damage, and(x) the potential for permanent paralysis and/or death; negligence on the part of other persons; and NEGLIGENCE ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES. I UNDERSTAND THAT NEGLIGENCE INCLUDES FAILURE ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES TO TAKE REASONABLE STEPS TO SAFEGUARD OR PROTECT ME FROM THE RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS OF THE ACTIVITY. I acknowledge that the Activity may result in injury, worsening of an existing medical condition, or death. I freely accept and fully assume all such risks, dangers and hazards and the possibility of injury, death, property damage or loss resulting therefrom.
I understand that the Activity may place unusual stresses on the body. The Activity are not recommended for persons suffering from asthma, epilepsy, cardio/respiratory disorder, hypertension, or skeletal, joint or ligament problems or conditions, and certain mental illnesses. Women who are pregnant or suspect they are pregnant, and persons who have consumed alcohol, are not recommended to engage in the Activity. I have been advised to consult with my medical practitioner if I have any concern about my medical condition or fitness to engage in the Activity.
I/WE CONSENT TO administration of first aid and other medical treatment in the event of injury or illness and hereby release and indemnify Releasees from any and all liability or claims arising out of such treatment.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
In consideration of the Releasees agreeing to my participation in the Activity, and permitting my use of the Activity's equipment, room and other facilities, I hereby agree as follows:
1. TO WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AND TO RELEASE THE RELEASEES from any and all liability for any loss, damage, expense or injury including death that I may suffer, or that my next of kin may suffer, as a result of my participation in the Activity, DUE TO ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR BREACH OF ANY STATUTORY OR OTHER DUTY OF CARE, INCLUDING ANY DUTY OF CARE OWED UNDER THE OCCUPIERS LIABILITY ACT, R.S.O. 1990, ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES. I UNDERSTAND THAT NEGLIGENCE INCLUDES THE FAILURE ON PART OF THE RELEASEES TO TAKE REASONABLE STEPS TO SAFEGUARD OR PROTECT ME FROM THE RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS OF THE Activity REFERRED TO ABOVE;
2. TO HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE RELEASEES from any and all liability for any property damage or personal injury to any third party resulting from my participation in the Activity;
3. This Release Agreement shall be effective and binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, assigns and representatives, in the event of my death or incapacity;
4. This Release Agreement and any rights, duties and obligations as between the parties to this Release Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted solely in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and no other jurisdiction;
5. Any litigation involving the parties to this Release Agreement shall be brought solely within the Province of Ontario and shall be within the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the Province of Ontario.
PHOTO/VIDEO RELEASE - I consent to photographs and videos being taken of me during my participation in the Activity, and to publication of the photographs and videos by the Releasees for advertising, promotional and marketing purposes.
In entering into this Release Agreement I am not relying on any oral or written representations or statements made by the Releasees with respect to the safety of the Activity, other than what is set forth in this Release Agreement.
I CONFIRM THAT I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THIS RELEASE AGREEMENT PRIOR TO SIGNING IT, AND I AM AWARE THAT BY SIGNING THIS RELEASE AGREEMENT I AM WAIVING CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS WHICH I OR MY HEIRS, NEXT OF KIN, EXECUTORS, ADMINISTRATORS, ASSIGNS AND REPRESENTATIVES MAY HAVE AGAINST THE RELEASEES.