Today's Date: September 20, 2020
Acknowledgment and Assumption of Risk. I acknowledge and fully understand that I will be engaging in a soccer league that involves risk of damage to personal property or serious injury, including permanent disability and death, and severe social and economic losses which might result not only from my own actions, inactions or negligence, but the actions, inactions or negligence of others, the condition of the premises or of any equipment, including turf, balls and nets, used, contact with other players, refs, spectators or equipment, and the effects of weather, including heat, humidity, cold and/or precipitation. Further, there may be other risks not known or not reasonably foreseeable at this time.
I ASSUME ALL THE FOREGOING RISKS AND ACCEPT PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ALL EXPENSES, MEDICAL OR OTHERWISE, FOLLOWING ANY SUCH DAMAGES, INJURY, PERMANENT DISABILITY OR DEATH TO OR OF MYSELF.
Release, Waiver and Discharge. I release, waive and discharge and covenant not to sue the Brooklyn Bridge Park Conservancy, Inc. (“BBPC”), NYSOL, Inc. d/b/a Metro Soccer NY, Play Study Win, Inc., Brooklyn Bridge Park Corporation d/b/a Brooklyn Bridge Park, Empire State Development Corporation, Brooklyn Bridge Park Development Corporation, the State of New York, and the City of New York, and each of their respective commissioners, directors, officers, employees, agents, successors and assigns, all of which are hereinafter referred to as “Releasees”, from any and all liability to the Participant, his or her heirs and next of kin or any other person, for any and all claims, demands, losses, or damages, including injury or death to the Participant or damage to property, which, in whole or in part, arise from, relate to or are alleged to arise from or relate to the soccer league, any and all related events and activities in which I am participating or the facilities or equipment used by myself or by others, or are caused or alleged to be caused in whole or part by the negligence of the Releasees or otherwise, and covenant not to sue the Releasees with respect to these actions, events and activities. If any part of this waiver is determined to be invalid by law, all other parts of this waiver shall remain valid and enforceable.
As a result of the COVID-19 public health crisis, the Conservancy has put into place a number of measures to ensure the safety and health of its staff, the public and individuals seeking to participate in Conservancy soccer activities as well as to help control the spread of COVID-19. By participating in Conservancy programming, I make the following representations and additionally agree to follow the suggested guidance of the Center of Disease Control (CDC) and local public health authority and the Conservancy’s policies and procedures to reduce the spread of Novel Coronavirus, or COVID-19 as follows:
- I am not experiencing symptoms of illness associated with COVID-19 (i.e. shortness of breath, fever, cough, etc. ) and have not experienced those symptoms in the 14 days preceding any program date.
- I agree to inform the Conservancy if I have been diagnosed with COVID-19 after participating in Conservancy soccer programming.
- I understand that the City of New York has stipulated that individuals who have a chronic health condition, including lung disease, moderate to severe asthma, heart disease, obesity, diabetes, kidney disease, liver disease, cancer or a weakened immune system should not participate in athletic leagues.
- If I begin to experience any symptoms of COVID-19 while participating in the Conservancy's soccer program I will inform the Conservancy and immediately end my participation.
- I agree to practice safe hand and respiratory hygiene and otherwise to adhere to all of the Conservancy’s safety rules during my participation in all Conservancy soccer programming. Upon arrival for any Conservancy program, I will sanitize my hands by using a hand sanitizer or equivalent provided by the Conservancy or wash my hands with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds, and will maintain good hand hygiene throughout my participation after using the restroom, sneezing, or coughing, and before and after touching any common surfaces.
Consent to Photograph, Film or Videotape. I hereby consent to Participation in interviews, the use of quotes, and the taking of photographs, movies or videotapes of myself (“Media”) by BBPC and Brooklyn Bridge Park. I also grant to BBPC and Brooklyn Bridge Park the right to edit and use said Media for appropriate purposes including but not limited to: publicity, electronic and print publications, websites and all other forms of media. I also hereby release all Releasees from all claims, demands, and liabilities whatsoever in connection with the above.
Code of Conduct. I acknowledge that the Brooklyn Bridge Park Conservancy Soccer League welcomes diversity and will not discriminate nor will tolerate discrimination against any individual on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, ethnicity, disability, or on any other legally prohibited basis. I understand that if I engage in prohibited discrimination or harassment I will be subject to appropriate discipline by league management, up to and including termination from the soccer league with no refund and a life-time ban. I also understand that at no time should I lay a hand upon, shove, strike, threaten or be guilty of physical attack as an aggressor or in retaliation upon any official, player, or spectator anywhere on the premises or be guilty of verbally abusive behavior, using profanity or swearing before, during or after a game and if I engage in such behavior I will be subject to appropriate discipline by league management, including handing out of warnings, yellow and red cards which may result in immediate ejections, suspensions and in a case of (management's definition of) serious misconduct, being barred from all further games in the league with no refund.
I HAVE READ THE ABOVE WAIVER AND RELEASE, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND HAVE SIGNED IT VOLUNTARILY AND WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT OR ASSURANCE OF ANY NATURE AND INTEND IT TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW AND AGREE THAT IF ANY PORTION OF THIS AGREEMENT IS HELD TO BE INVALID, THE BALANCE, NOTWITHSTANDING, SHALL CONTINUE IN FULL FORCE AND EFFECT.