BUCKS BIKES agrees to rent the following bicycle (the bicycle) to Renter, upon the condition that Renter agrees to all terms and conditions set forth below (including the release of claims) and evidences that agreement with his/her signature below. The bicycle shall be rented for the time period and hourly rate specified as follows:
READ THE FOLLOWING SECTIONS FULLY AND CAREFULLY PRIOR TO SIGNING. THIS IS A LEGALLY VALID AND BINDING OBLIGATION TO RELEASE BUCK'S BIKES FROM ALL KNOWN AND UNKNOWN OBLIGATIONS, AND TO INDEMNIFY BUCK'S BIKES AGAINST CLAIMS BROUGHT AGAINST IT BASED UPON YOUR USE OF THE BICYCLE. THIS INSTRUMENT AFFECTS IMPORTANT LEGAL RIGHTS.
Release and Waiver of Claims
For valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby acknowledged Renter does hereby remise, release, and forever discharge BUCKS BIKES, BUCKS BIKES agents, servants, successors, heirs, executors, administrators and personal representatives, of and from all, and all manner of, actions, causes of action, suits, proceedings, debts, dues, contracts, judgments, damages, claims, and demands whatsoever in law or equity, which Renter ever had, now has, or which Renters heirs, executors, administrators or personal representatives hereafter can, shall, or may have for or by reason of any matter, cause, or thing whatsoever arising out of this Agreement; out of the use (misuse, or abuse) of the bicycle; or in any way arising out of the rental relationship between Renter and BUCKS BIKES.
For good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby acknowledged, Renter hereby expressly agrees to indemnify and hold harmless BUCKS BIKES, BUCKS BIKES agents, servants, successors, heirs, executors, administrators and personal representatives against all suits, actions, claims, demands, or damages that arise out of Renters use, misuse or abuse of the bicycle.
Terms and Conditions
1. Assumption of Risk. Renter acknowledges that the activities for which the bicycle is designed include inherent dangers, including the risk of bodily injury and/or death. Renter assumes and accepts all risks associated with the use of the bicycle.
2. Acceptable Use. Renter agrees and acknowledges that he/she will be the sole operator of the bicycle, and will use the bicycle in a careful, safe and conscientious manner. Renter shall at all times observe and adhere to any rules and guidelines posted by BUCKS BIKES and any applicable laws or regulations.
3. Unsafe Use. If at any time BUCKS BIKES determines that Renter has engaged in an unsafe or hazardous use of the bicycle, BUCKS BIKES may immediately terminate the rental. Upon notification of termination, Renter must return the bicycle to the designated return area immediately. If the rental is terminated for unsafe or hazardous use, Renter will not be refunded and will be charged the total of the original rental period. BUCKS BIKES shall determine, in its sole discretion, whether any behavior or activity is unsafe or hazardous.
4. Condition of Bicycle upon Return. The Renter shall return the bicycle to the designated return area clean and in the same condition as it was in when given to Renter, excepting ordinary wear and tear. Renter shall be responsible for any damage caused to the bicycle during the rental period. BUCKS BIKES shall charge Renter as necessary to cover repairs for such damages. To the extent that damages to the bicycle exceed reasonable amount, Renter shall be billed by BUCKS BIKES for the full amount of damages caused by Renter during the rental period, including reasonable attorneys fees.
5. Late/No Return. If Renter returns the bicycle more than two hours past agreed upon return time, the hourly rate will be charged per two hours late. If Renter fails to return the bicycle, the daily rate will be charged per day overdue until bicycle is recovered. If the bicycle can be recovered, a collection fee equal to the daily rate will be charged. If bicycle cannot be recovered, the full retail value of the bicycle will be charged in addition to the paid for rental period. If at any time late fees are greater than the retail value of the bicycle, the late fee will cease and Renter will be charged the retail value of the bicycle in addition to the paid for rental period.
Renter has read and understands all of the terms, conditions and rules set forth above, and agrees to all terms without reservation
April 17, 2021