Today's Date: October 3, 2023
WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY
In consideration of Garland Mountain, LLC furnishing services, equipment, and/or the facilities and in consideration of my participation in clay shooting and other related activities (the "Sport"). I agree as follows:
1. I fully understand and acknowledge that: (a) there are risks and dangers in my use of Sport equipment and my participation in the Sport; (b) my participation in the Sport, use of Sport equipment, and/or presence at Garland Mountain, LLC facilities may result in damage to or loss of personal property, personal injury, death, or other ailments that could cause serious disability. I fully understand that this is an outdoor, heavily wooded and mountainous facility and its activities include walking on uneven terrain including, but not limited to, paths, roads, walkways and shooting decks which may have vegetation, tree roots and other obstructions. (c) These risks and dangers may be caused by the negligence of the shareholders, officers, directors, employees or agents of Garland Mountain, LLC. the negligence of others, accidents, breaches of contract, forces of nature or other causes, and that risks and dangers may arise from foreseeable or unforeseeable causes, and; (d) I, for myself, my spouse, family, heirs, executors, administrators, legal representatives, and assigns, hereby release, waive, discharge Garland Mountain, LLC and its officers, shareholders, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, "Releasees) from any and all claims actions or losses for injuries, property damage, death, loss of services or other, arising out of my participation in the Sport or presence in or on Garland Mountain, LLC facilities, whether due to the fault or negligence of Releasees, circumstances beyond Releasees' control, or other.
2. ALL INEXPERIENCED SHOOTERS MUST TAKE INSTRUCTION OR UTILIZE A GARLAND MOUNTAIN SHOOTING GUIDE. AT A MINIMUM, I CONFIRM THAT AT LEAST ONE ADULT PARTICIPANT IN MY PARTY HAS FIREARM EXPERIENCE AND A FIRM UNDERSTANDING OF FIREARM SAFETY. THIS INDIVIDUAL HAS AGREED TO ASSIT AND SUPERVISE ANY INEXPERIENCED PARTICIPANTS WITHIN MY PARTY. IF MY PARTY DOES NOT HAVE AN EXPEREICNED SHOOTER AVAILABLE I WILL IMMEDIATLEY NOTIFY GARLAND MOUNTAIN STAFF.
3. I have not been convicted of a felony which would prohibit me from owning or possessing a firearm. I have not been denied the purchase of a firearm through lawful means.
4. That this Release and Waiver contains the entire agreement between Garland Mountain, LLC and me. The terms of this Release and Waiver are contractual and not a mere recital.
5. I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE AND WAIVER, AND THE COURSE RULES BELOW CAREFULLY AND BY SIGNING IT AGREE IT IS MY INTENTION TO RELIEVE GARLAND MOUNTAIN, LLC FROM LIABILITY FOR INJURIES, PROPERTY, DAMAGE, OR DEATH CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE OR ANY OTHER CAUSES. I ALSO UNDERSTAND AND WILL FOLLOW THE SPORT RULES, GUIDELINES AND COURSE RULES THAT MAY ALSO BE POSTED AROUND THE COURSE AS IMPOSED BY GARLAND MOUNTAIN, LLC.
1. Never enter, look into or stand in front of the opening of a Trap house. Never try to fix a Trap machine. Notify the Garland Mountain, LLC staff at once of any trap problems or safety issues.
2. No alcoholic beverages are allowed at any designated shooting areas. No one will be allowed to participate in any shooting activity if deemed to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Alcohol may be consumed at our restaurant only AFTER shooting activities have been completed for the day. Prior to consuming alcohol at our restaurant all shotguns must be properly stored and locked in vehicle.
3. Protective glasses and ear protection must be worn at any designated shooting area at all times.
4. A shotgun can only be loaded when a shooter is in the station window, the gun is over the rail and target area is deemed clear and safe. At all times, the gun shall be unloaded while in the station window and placed on a rack or carried vertical with the action open. When leaving any station or shooting area, shooters must ensure that the shotgun is unloaded and the action is open and carried in a vertical position.
5. No practice mounts or swings are allowed except while in the station window and the gun pointed down range.
6. No more than TWO shells in a shotgun. The largest shot size permitted is #7 1/2 (i.e. # 8, 9 allowed - NO #6 or larger).
7. Never handle another shooter's gun without their permission.
8. It is forbidden to shoot at any live game.
9. All shots must ONLY be taken from inside a station shooting window. Shooting from anywhere else, including next to or in front of a station is strictly prohibited.
10. You must pick up your hulls.
11. If participant is utilizing a Garland Mountain rental cart or an approved small engine vehicle owned by the participant, the participant understands the facility is located in an mountainous area with steep hills. Responsible driving is required at all times. While driving on steep grades, the participant must proceed slowly and apply brakes evenly. No golf cart/ATV speeding. Speeding is considered driving faster than a person jogging or staff's judgment. Speeders will be asked to leave for the day with no refund, NO WARNINGS!!! All golf cart riders must be seated. No hanging or standing on the back of a golf cart or ATV. No more than 4 riders per rental cart. We are not responsible for any damages to your person or any equipment that falls off of a golf cart/ATV for any reason whether the cart is yours or Garland Mountain, LLC's. Drivers of any golf cart/ATV, whether it's yours or Garland Mountain, LLC's must possess a valid automobile driver's license.
12. Any damage to Garland Mountain LLC’s rental vehicle caused by a direct or indirect result of improper use such as speeding, erratic driving, improper braking will be the responsibility of the party renting the vehicle and you will pay us for all loss of or damage to the car regardless of cause, or who, or what caused it. If the car is damaged, you will pay our estimated repair cost. Any damage to Garland Mountain LLC's rental shotguns will be the responsibilty of the renting party. You will pay estimated repair costs.
13. Always park off to the side of the road, but on remain on the road. Always leave room for others to pass safely.
14. NO PISTOLS OR RIFLES. USE OF THESE PROHIBITED FIREARMS JEOPARDIZES THE SAFETY OF YOU AND OTHERS. All guns must be field shotguns ie: no pistol grips or collapsible stocks; 24" barrel minimum.