NRA GUN SAFETY RULES
- ALWAYS keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.
This is the primary rule of gun safety. A safe direction means that the gun is pointed so that even if it were to go off it would not cause injury or damage. The key to this rule is to control where the muzzle or front end of the barrel is pointed at all times. Common sense dictates the safest direction, depending on different circumstances.
- ALWAYS keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
When holding a gun, rest your finger on the trigger guard or along the side of the gun. Until you are actually ready to fire, do not touch the trigger.
- ALWAYS keep the gun unloaded until ready to use.
Whenever you pick up a gun, immediately engage the safety device if possible, and, if the gun has a magazine, remove it before opening the action and looking into the chamber(s) which should be clear of ammunition. If you do not know how to open the action or inspect the chamber(s), leave the gun alone and get help from someone who does.
I UNDERSTAND AND WILL FOLLOW THE NRA GUN SAFETY RULES.
Family Armory & Indoor Range is a "daily fee" range. This means that for a daily fee, you may shoot for as long as you like. However, when there is a line of people waiting, we will limit range time to 1 hour in order to give others a chance to shoot. After stepping off, you may choose to wait in the retail area or come back later with no additional lane fee.
FAMILY ARMORY RANGE RULES
- The Range Safety Officer (RSO) has absolute authority in the shooting area. Failure to comply with the RSO is grounds for immediate removal without refund.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) must be worn at all times in the shooting area. Minimum PPE includes BOTH eye protection AND hearing protection.
- NOTE: Spent rounds are extremely hot. Exposed skin from tank-tops, muscle shirts, sandals, and low-cut shirts increase burn risk. Dress for safety.
- All firearms must enter our storefront AND exit the shooting area UNLOADED and INSIDE a range bag, case, or holster.
- EXCEPTION (A): Lawful open carry pieces can remain loaded. Holstering and unholstering must still occur within the designated shooting stall;
- NEVER in the parking lot.
- NEVER in the retail area.
- NEVER anywhere else on our property.
- EXCEPTION (B): Concealed carry pieces can remain loaded. Holstering and unholstering must still occur within the designated shooting stall;
- NEVER in the parking lot.
- NEVER in the retail area.
- NEVER anywhere else on our property.
- Never bring "jammed" firearms into the retail area.
- Firearms not inside a range bag or case or holster must remain within the shooting stall.
- The only safe direction to point a firearm is DOWNRANGE. Downrange means parallel with the floor and ceiling and parallel with the side walls, aiming at the bullet trap. All loading, unloading, and shooting of firearms must take place with the muzzle pointing downrange.
- NEVER dangle a pistol at your side. (Maintain a Safe Direction)
- NEVER turn around with firearm in hand. (Maintain a Safe Direction)
- NEVER walk with a firearm outside of the stall. Always bring range bags and cases to the stall instead. (Maintain a Safe Direction)
- NEVER pass firearms between stalls. (Maintain a Safe Direction)
- No drawing from the holster.
- EXCEPTION (A): During special events where holster draw has been pre-approved and during formal training sessions.
- Automatic weapons require:
- Prior range notification and approval.
- The constant presence of a range safety officer (1:1) throughout the duration of shooting.
- No full auto; a limit of 3-round burst fire per insurance requirements.
- Shoot at authorized targets associated with your designated stall. Family Armory & Indoor Range will hold those causing damage to range equipment or facilities financially liable for repairs and lost revenue.
- NEVER shoot at the target retrieval mechanism.
- NEVER shoot at a target found on a different lane, e.g., if you are assigned to lane #7 do not shoot at a target found on lane #6.
- "Double-tapping" is allowed in a safe and controlled manner. At their discretion, the RSO has the ability to restrict shooting to one round per second.
- During a "CEASEFIRE," all shooting must halt immediately. Drop all magazines and clear all chambers. If using a revolver, open and clear the cylinder. Place all weapons on the table in front of you pointing DOWNRANGE. The RSO will issue further instructions. Shooting may resume with the "ALL CLEAR" command from the RSO.
- Smoking, eating, drinking, chewing tobacco, and all consumables are forbidden in the shooting area.
- Pregnant women are not allowed on the shooting line.
- Those under the influence of drugs or medications that impair motor skills or cognition are forbidden in the shooting area.
- Those 17 years and younger are not allowed in the shooting area without an adult or guardian. The adult or guardian will be FULLY responsible for the child. Children under 12 years of age are not permitted in the shooting area at any time for insurance purposes.
- No one is allowed to cross the firing line for any reason at any time. The firing line uses a red background stripe with white lettering reading DO NOT CROSS . It has been painted on the floor in front of each shooting stall.
- Each shooter is responsible for cleaning up their shooting stall prior to leaving. You may collect your own brass BEHIND the firing line. You may NOT collect brass AFTER the firing line.
- Family Armory & Indoor Range is NOT responsible for personal property or equipment left on the premises.
- PERMITTED CALIBERS: all pistol calibers and 7.62x51mm rifle and below. (UL752 LEVEL 8 RATED GLASS & DOORS)
- PERMITTED FIREARMS: all pistols, AR-15 Riles (.223, 5.56, .308), AK-47 Riles (7.62x39), and below caliber rifles or carbines. (UL752 LEVEL 8 RATED GLASS & DOORS)
- PROHIBITED FIREARMS: muzzle loaders, black powder, and shotguns.
- PROHIBITED AMMUNITION: calibers above .308 or 7.62x51, armor piercing, steel core, tracer, explosive, incendiary, any shotgun, buck shot, bird shot, and any ammunition where the BULLET TIP responds to magnets, e.g., steel core ammunition.
- Rented firearms must use factory ammunition purchased at Family Armory & Indoor Range.
I UNDERSTAND AND WILL FOLLOW FAMILY ARMORY'S RANGE RULES.
WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT
In consideration for receiving membership to participate in activities at FAMILY ARMORY & INDOOR RANGE:
- I hereby release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue FAMILY ARMORY & INDOOR RANGE, its owners, investors, managers, officers, executors, volunteers, servants, agents and employees (hereinafter referred to as "releasees") from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions and causes of action whatsoever arising out of or relating to any loss, damage or injury, including death, that may be sustained by me, or to those under my supervision, or to any property belonging to me, whether caused by the negligence of the releasees, or otherwise, while participating in activities at FAMILY ARMORY & INDOOR RANGE or upon the premises.
- I am fully aware of risks and hazards connected with being on the premises and participating in activities at FAMILY ARMORY & INDOOR RANGE, and I am fully aware that there may be risks and hazards unknown to me connected with being on the premises and participating in activities at FAMILY ARMORY & INDOOR RANGE, and I hereby elect to voluntarily participate in activities at FAMILY ARMORY & INDOOR RANGE, to enter upon the above named premises and engage in activities knowing that conditions may be hazardous, or may become hazardous or dangerous to me and my property or to those under my supervision. I voluntarily assume full responsibility for any risks of loss, property damage or personal injury, including death, that may be sustained by me, or any loss or damage to property owned by me, as a result of my being a participant in activities at FAMILY ARMORY & INDOOR RANGE, whether caused by the negligence of releasees or otherwise.
- I further hereby agree to indemnify and save and hold harmless the releasees and each of them, from any loss, liability, damage or costs they may incur due to my participation in activities at FAMILY ARMORY & INDOOR RANGE, whether caused by the negligence of any or all of the releasees, or otherwise.
- It is my express intent that this Release shall bind the members of my family and spouse, if I am alive, and my heirs, assigns and personal representative, if I am deceased, and shall be deemed as a Release, Waiver, Discharge and Covenant Not to Sue the above named releasees.
In signing this release, I acknowledge and represent that:
- I have read the foregoing NRA GUN SAFETY RULES, FAMILY ARMORY RANGE RULES, and WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT, understand it, and sign it voluntarily as my own free act and deed;
- No oral representation, statements or inducements, apart from the foregoing written agreement, have been made;
- I am at least eighteen (18) years of age and fully competent; or I am under the supervision of a fully competent adult;
- I execute this Release for full, adequate and complete consideration fully intending to be bound by same.
TODAY'S DATE: June 15, 2021