Please read carefully before signing
This is a release of liability and waiver of certain legal rights
In consideration for my being permitted to participated in the activities of Confederate Trails of Gettysburg, Inc. dba Horse Tours of Gettysburg, I agree to the following Waiver and Release:
I acknowledge that riding has inherent risks, hazard and dangers for anyone that cannot be eliminated, particularly in a wilderness environment. I UNDERSTAND THAT THESE RISKS, HAZARDS AND DANGERS INCLUDE WITHOUT LIMITATION:
- The propensity of the animal to behave in ways that may result in injury, harm or death to persons on or around them;
- The unpredictability of the animal's reaction to such things as sounds, sudden movement and unfamiliar objects, person or other animals.
- Certain hazards such as surface and sub-surface conditions:
- Collisions with other animals or objects;
- The potential of the participant to act in a negligent manner that my contribute to injury to the participants or other, such as failing to maintain control over the animal or not acting within his or her ability. I may encounter variations in terrain that are my responsibility and I assume these risks including creeks, water, bridges, traveled road, wild things, stumps, forest growth, debris, rocks and cliffs, and other obstacles whether they are obvious or not obvious, man-made or natural;
- Hiking in rugged country;
- Encounters with wildlife, animals and insects;
- Temperature extremes;
- Inclement weather conditions and the unavailability of immediate medical attention in the wilderness in case of injury.
- The risk of handling firearms and being near others that have firearms in their possession.
I understand the risks, hazards, and dangers of horseback riding and have had the opportunity to discuss them with Confederate Trails of Gettysburg Inc. I understand that these activities may require food physical conditioning and a degree of skill and knowledge. I believe I have the good physical conditioning and the degree of skill and knowledge necessary for me to engage in these activities safely. I understand that I have responsibilities. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary. No one is forcing me to participate in spite of the risks. I AM VOLUNTARILY USING THE SERVICES OF Confederate Trails of Gettysburg Inc WITH FULL KNOWLEDGE OF THE INHERENT RISKS, HAZARDS, AND DANGERS INVOLVED AND HEREBY ASSUME AND ACCEPT ANY AND ALL RISKS OF INJURY, PARALYSIS OR DEATHER.
Lastly, I, for myself, my heirs, successors, executors and subrogates, hereby KNOWINGLY AND INTENTIONALLY WAIVE AND RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS Confederate Trails of Gettysburg, Inc, their directors, officers, agents, employees, and volunteers from and against any and all claims, actions, causes of action, liabilities, suits, expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) which are related to, arise out of , or are in any way connected with my participation in this activity indulging, but not limited to, NEGLIGENCE of ay kind of nature, whether foreseen or unforeseen, arising directly or indirectly out of any damages, loss injury, paralysis, or death to me or my property as a result of my engaging in these activities or the use of these services, animals or equipment whether such damages, loss, injury, paralysis or death results from negligence of Confederate Trails of Gettysburg Inc, or some from some other cause. I, for myself, my heirs, my successors, executors, and subrogates, further agree not to sue Confederate Trails of Gettysburg Inc as a result of any injury, paralysis or death suffered in Connection with my use and participation in the activities of Confederate Trails of Gettysburg Inc.
I consent to be photographed during these activities and to have my photograph used in advertising, informational and promotional materials for Confederate Trails of Gettysburg Inc and/or their associates.
I HAVE CAREFULLY READ, CLEARLY UNDERSTAND, AND VOLUNTARILY SIGN THIS WAIVER AND RELEASE AGREEMENT.
Date: May 20, 2019