1. I expressly consent to my participation as a volunteer to assist The Summit at Snoqualmie® prior to, during, and / or after the Event. I understand that I am participating as a volunteer in this activity and acknowledge that I am not covered by Workers’ Compensation while engaged in any voluntary activity and does not constitute an employee employer relationship between the volunteer and RELEASEES.WARNING: I understand that recreational and other work and volunteer activities, including the use of lifts, stairs, tools or other equipment, while working in a high alpine, mountainous, and forested environment involve inherent and other risks of INJURY and DEATH. I voluntarily agree to expressly assume all risks of injury or death that may result from working in a high alpine, mountainous, and forested environment, in any way related to my participation as a volunteer, or any other activity at The Summit at Snoqualmie. I understand that having a Ski Lifts, Inc. (SLI) employee present does not lessen the amount or severity of the risks of these activities. I understand that SLI is not responsible for my safety.
2. I am fully aware of and accept all risks of injury or death, hazards, and dangers while participating in these or related activities, or while present on or using SLI premises, and I agree to RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE, INDEMNIFY, DEFEND and HOLD HARMLESS Ski Lifts, Inc. DBA The Summit at Snoqualmie® , Boyne USA, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, the U.S. Forest Service, their respective agents, officers, directors, owners, contractors, volunteers, employees, insurers, and real and personal property owners, (hereinafter “Releasees”) from any and all losses, damages, costs and attorney’s fees resulting from any and all claims or suits for personal injury, death and/or property damage that may in any way arise out of my participation in these activities, related activities, or my use of the Releasees trail system, its equipment, or any equipment, or Releasees’ premises, regardless of how or by whom or by what the personal injury, death and/or property damage was caused. As a condition of my or my child being entitled to volunteer and participate in the activities of the Releasees and being permitted to gain access to and use Releasees’ facilities and premises, I hereby promise not to bring (on my behalf, on behalf of my child or otherwise) any claim against or sue Releasees, and agree that if anyone is physically injured or property is damaged while I am using the Releasees facilities, I will have no right to make a claim or file a lawsuit against the Releasees. I also agree to indemnify and defend the Releasees for any and all claims, including subrogation and/or derivative claims, brought by any third party or insurer, for injury or damage I may cause.
3. IN CONSIDERATION OF BEING PERMITTED TO USE THE SUMMIT AT SNOQUALMIE® FACILITIES, I AGREE TO RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE, INDEMNIFY, DEFEND, AND HOLD HARMLESS THE RELEASEES FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS I MIGHT BRING AS A RESULT OF PHYSICAL INJURY, INCLUDING DEATH, OR PROPERTY DAMAGE SUSTAINED IN CONNECTION WITH MY USE OF THE SUMMIT AT SNOQUALMIE FACILITIES INCLUDING CLAIMS BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR BREACH OF WARRANTY. I UNDERSTAND THAT THE RELEASEES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF THEIR OWN NEGLIGENCE, THAT IS, THEIR FAILURE TO USE REASONABLE CARE IN ANYWAY.
4. I agree that I have been provided an opportunity to conduct a reasonable physical and visual inspection of the premises. I agree and understand that I will be held to assume the risk of all premise conditions including, but not limited to, weather and snow conditions.
5. I hereby grant permission to the Releasees to use my image(s), picture or other likeness(es), (collectively, “Image”), whether video, digital or print, for commercial purposes or otherwise, without restriction as to frequency, duration or medium.
6. This document is a legally binding contract and supersedes any other agreements or representations by or between the parties and is governed by the laws of the State of Washington. It shall be interpreted to provide as broad and inclusive a release of liability as is legally permissible, but it is not intended to assert any claims or defenses that are prohibited by law. I agree that exclusive jurisdiction and venue for any legal action against the Releasees shall be in the courts of King County, Washington, and such courts shall have personal jurisdiction. If any part of this agreement is determined to be unenforceable, all other parts shall still be given full force and effect.
I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THE FOREGOING LIABILITY RELEASE, I UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS, AND I AM AWARE THAT I AM RELEASING CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS THAT I (OR THE MINOR CHILD) OTHERWISE MAY HA VE.
I agree that this is a Release of Liability and Agreement Not to Sue, which will legally prevent me, or any other person, from filing suit or making any other claims for damages in the event of personal injury, death or property damage. I freely and voluntarily enter into this agreement. I understand that permission to use the resorts, their facilities, premises and equipment is being given to the undersigned participant in exchange for the execution of this Liability Release and Agreement Not to Sue. I have made no misrepresentations to the Releasees regarding my name, age or any other information. This Liability Release and all its components shall survive and continue in force beyond the termination of the current season with respect to any liability, injury or damage occurring prior to such termination.