By signing this document, you will waive certain legal rights, including the right to sue.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
VR Arcade OpCo1, LLC dba Omniverse VR, a limited liability company incorporated under the laws of Texas, its agents, owners, officers, affiliates, volunteers, participants, employees, and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf (hereinafter collectively referred to as “OMNIVERSE”):
This Assumption of Risks, Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims and Indemnity Agreement (the “Agreement”), together with any documents referred to herein, governs the User’s (described below) use of the OMNIVERSE virtual reality equipment with various virtual reality content and/or software (the “Services”), at OMNIVERSE locations (the “Premises”).
IN CONSIDERATION OF OMNIVERSE allowing the User to use the Services, the User agrees as follows on behalf of themselves, their spouse, children, parents, heirs, assignees, personal representatives and estate:
- By using the Services I confirm that I accept the terms of this Agreement and that I agree to abide by them. The words “I” and “me” in this Agreement refers to the User. Should I access the Services on the behalf of another legal entity, I hereby warrant that I have the authority, actual or implied, to bind that entity to the Agreement. In using the Services, I represent and warrant that I have the capacity to enter into a legal agreement. If I do not have the capacity to enter into a legal agreement, I may not use the Services unless a parent or legal guardian agrees and consents to this Agreement on my behalf. By permitting a person who lacks the capacity to utilize the Services, the parent or legal guardian is hereby bound by this Agreement.
- If I do not agree to the terms of this Agreement I understand that I must promptly discontinue my access to and use of the Services. Any continued use of the Services will be considered as consent and acceptance of the terms of this Agreement the User or their parent or legal guardian.
- I acknowledge that my use of OMNIVERSE virtual reality equipment entails known and unanticipated risks that could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death, or damage to myself, to property, or to third parties. I understand that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity. The risks include, among other things: seizures, loss of awareness, eye strain, eye or muscle twitching, involuntary movements, altered, blurred, or double vision or other visual abnormalities, dizziness, disorientation, impaired balance, impaired hand-eye coordination, excessive sweating, increased salivation, nausea, light-headedness, discomfort or pain in the head or eyes, drowsiness, decreased ability to multi-task, fatigue, or any symptoms similar to motion sickness, all of which can persist and become more apparent hours after use and which may lead to an increased risk of injury when engaging in normal activities in the real world after leaving the Premises. OMNIVERSE employees have difficult jobs to perform. They seek to create a safe environment but they are not infallible. They might be unaware of a participant’s health or abilities. They may give incomplete warnings or instructions and the equipment being used might malfunction. I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks existing in this activity. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary and I elect to participate in spite of the risks.
- If I and/or my child/ward are injured, I acknowledge that I and/or my child/ward may require medical assistance, which I acknowledge will be at my own expense or the expense of my personal insurer(s). I hereby represent/affirm that I have adequate insurance to provide coverage for such medical expenses. I understand and agree that OMNIVERSE will not pay for any cost or expenses incurred by me if I and/or my child/ward are injured.
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL OMNIVERSE, ITS REPRESENTATIVES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, OR OTHER THIRD PARTIES WITH WHICH OMNIVERSE DOES BUSINESS (“BUSINESS PARTNERS”), BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THE USE OF THE SERVICES. THIS INCLUDES, BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO, ANY LOSS OF PROFIT, EARNINGS, ANTICIPATED EARNINGS, INTERRUPTION OR LOSS OF BUSINESS, OR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL LOSSES, PROBLEMS, OR FAULT HOWSOEVER ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THE SERVICES. I HEREBY VOLUNTARILY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE, AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS OMNIVERSE AND TO WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, OR CAUSES OF ACTION, THAT I HAVE OR MAY HAVE IN THE FUTURE AGAINST OMNIVERSE, AND TO RELEASE OMNIVERSE FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE, EXPENSE OR INJURY INCLUDING DEATH THAT I MAY SUFFER OR THAT MY FAMILY, HEIRS, ASSIGNS, PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES AND ESTATE MAY SUFFER AS A RESULT OF MY ATTENDANCE AT THE PREMISES AND MY USE OF THE SERVICES DUE TO ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR BREACH OF ANY STATUTORY OR OTHER DUTY OF CARE, INCLUDING ANY DUTY OF CARE OWED UNDER THE OCCUPIERS’ LIABILITY ACT, R.S.O. 1990, c. O. 2 ON THE PART OF OMNIVERSE AND FURTHER INCLUDING THE FAILURE ON THE PART OF OMNIVERSE TO SAFEGUARD OR PROTECT ME FROM THE RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS OF OMNIVERSE’S VIRTUAL REALITY EQUIPMENT AND VARIOUS VIRTUAL REALITY CONTENT AND/OR SOFTWARE (HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS “CLAIMS”).WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE LIMIT ON OMNIVERSE’S (INCLUDING ITS BUSINESS PARTNERS) TOTAL CUMULATIVE LIABILITY TO THE USER OR ANY PERSON FOR ANY CLAIMS ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THE SERVICES WILL BE LIMITED TO A MAXIMUM OF $10.00 U.S. DOLLARS.
- I agree to hold harmless and indemnify OMNIVERSE from any and all liability for any property damage or personal injury to any third party resulting from my use of OMNIVERSE virtual reality equipment. I also agree to indemnify and fully compensate OMNIVERSE for any property damage I cause to OMNIVERSE property, including but not limited to OMNIVERSE virtual reality equipment, resulting from my use of OMNIVERSE virtual reality equipment. Furthermore, should OMNIVERSE or anyone acting on its behalf be required to incur legal fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold OMNIVERSE harmless from all such fees and costs.
- I acknowledge that I have read, viewed or heard the rules governing my participation and/or my child/ward’s participation in any activity at OMNIVERSE (the “OMNIVERSE Rules”). I certify that I understand and have explained the OMNIVERSE Rules to my child/ward. I understand that OMNIVERSE Rules have been implemented for the safety of all participants at OMNIVERSE, including myself and/or my child/ward. I acknowledge that failure to follow the rules could result in the expulsion of myself and/or my child/ward from OMNIVERSE.
- Full payment of all applicable fees is required by the User in advance of use of the Services. A full refund will be issued for all reservations canceled at least forty-eight (48) hours in advance of a scheduled booking. Users who cancel their reservation between forty-eight (48) hours and twenty-four (24) hours in advance of a scheduled booking will be entitled to a full refund less a cancellation fee of 50%. Users who cancel their reservation less than twenty-four (24) hours in advance of a scheduled booking will forfeit all fees paid and shall not be entitled to a refund.
- I further grant OMNIVERSE the right to photograph, videotape and/or record me and/or my child/ward and to use my or my child/ward’s name, face, likeness, voice and appearance in connection with exhibitions, publicity, advertising and promotional materials without reservation, limitation or compensation.
- Contact details for OMNIVERSE can be found on OMNIVERSE’s Website under the “Contact” heading. All notices regarding this Agreement and the Services will be provided in writing to by e-mail or by post using the contact information provided by me upon registration. Notice will be deemed given one (1) business day after e-mail transmission from OMNIVERSE to me, or two (2) business days after the date of posting.
- OMNIVERSE offers a variety of software titles with a range of genres and ratings. OMNIVERSE staff can provide helpful recommendations regarding content, but it is the sole responsibility of the parent / guardian of any patron under the age of eighteen (18) to ensure that the content selected by them is deemed appropriate.
By entering any Omniverse VR location or premises, I authorize Omniverse VR to use the following personal information:
- My picture – including photographic, motion picture, and electronic (video) images.
- My voice – including sound and video recordings.
I hereby grant to Omniverse VR, its subsidiaries, licensees, successors and assignees, the right to use, publish, and reproduce, for all purposes, my name, pictures of me in film or electronic (video) form, sound and video recordings of my voice, and printed and electronic copy of the information described in sections (1) and (2) above in any and all media including, without limitation, cable and broadcast television and the Internet, and for exhibition, distribution, promotion, advertising, sale, press conferences, meetings, hearings, educational conferences and in brochures and other print media.
This permission extends to all languages, media, formats, and markets now known or hereafter devised. This permission shall continue forever. I further grant Omniverse VR all right, title, and interest that I may have in all finished pictures, negatives, reproductions, and copies of the original print, and further grant Omniverse VR the right to give, sell, transfer, and exhibit the print in copies or facsimiles thereof, for marketing, communications, or advertising purposes, as it deems fit.
By entering the Omniverse VR premises, I hereby waive the right to receive any payment for signing this release and waive the right to receive any payment for Omniverse VR use of any of the material described above for any of the purposes authorized by this release. I also waive any right to inspect or approve finished photographs, audio, video, multimedia, or advertising recordings and copy or printed matter or computer generated scanned image and other electronic media that may be used in conjunction therewith or to approve the eventual use that it might be applied. I acknowledge that I have read the foregoing and I fully understand the contents.
I also certify that in the event I am signing on behalf of a minor who is under the age of eighteen years, to whom this release applies and that I have the legal authority to execute this release, I approve the foregoing and agree that we shall be bound thereby.
I have had sufficient opportunity to read this Agreement and the OMNIVERSE Rules and have read and understood and agree to be bound by their terms. I accept that my User experience involving the OMNIVERSE virtual reality equipment is dependent on my own ability to follow the instructions provided by the Omniverse staff and other resources provided by OMNIVERSE.
Dated: November 16, 2019