This is a binding contract. Its purposes are to warn you that jet boat activities are potentially dangerous, and to limit liabilities that Portland Jetboat Excursions, LLC and all affiliates including members, managers, officers, agents, employees, insurers, successors and assigns (“PJE”) might otherwise have by providing this activity to you. You have two options:
(1) Sign Participation Agreement
Agreement must be signed by each participant in PJE’s jet boat activity. For any participant under 18 years of age, the consent at the bottom of the agreement must be signed in advance by a parent or legal guardian and presented to PJE upon arrival.
(2) Opt Out
If you do not wish to be bound by the Release, you may opt out by paying an additional fee to participate in PJE jet boat activities. To opt out, bring this agreement to the ticket window with the OPT OUT choice initialed, and you will be charged an additional OPT OUT fee. ($10.00)
- PJE activities are conducted on the water, a dynamic and potentially hazardous environment not controlled by PJE. THERE ARE RISKS INHERENT IN BOATING, INCLUDING THE RISK OF DROWNING. FURTHER, JET BOATING INVOLVES SPINS, SPLASHES, BUMPS, JOLTS, AND HIGH SPEEDS THAT MAY OCCUR AT ANY TIME WITHOUT ANY FURTHER WARNING TO YOU, CREATING FURTHER RISK OF INJURY. THEREFORE, NOT EVERYONE SHOULD RIDE. You must decide for yourself and for your children whether a fast and active ride in a dynamic environment is appropriate. WJE cannot and does not guarantee your safety.
- WARNING: JET BOATING IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR PEOPLE WITH PREEXISTING CONDITIONS INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WEAKNESS OR MEDICAL CONDITIONS INVOLVING THE NECK, BACK OR HEART.
- WARNING: JET BOATING IS NOT RECOMMENDED IF YOU ARE PREGNANT, FOR INFANTS, OR FOR VERY YOUNG CHILDREN.
REPRESENTATIONS BY ME
- I acknowledge and understand that PJE recommends that any passenger with any weakness or medical condition should consult their physician prior to participating in PJE jet boat activities. If I am pregnant, I should not participate.
- I acknowledge there are other boating activities that are slower and less jarring than jet boating, but I choose to participate in jet boat activity for the speed, excitement, fun and thrills it offers, knowing that it is necessarily more jarring and could cause injury. I acknowledge and understand that there are risks, hazards and dangers inherent in jet boating including spinning, splashing, bumping and jolting at high speeds. Knowing these risks, I still wish to participate in PJE’s jet boat activity.
- Whether I choose to release PJE or to opt out, I state that I am in good physical health and do not have a weakness, condition, or prior injury including to my neck, back or heart, that may be adversely affected by my participation.
- I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT. I acknowledge and understand that unless I opt out and pay the additional opt out fee, I have fully and finally released PJE and WAIVED all claims for injury or damage that I may suffer as a result of my participation in PJE’s jet boat activity, except claims for reckless or intentional conduct.
- I agree that PJE may use in its publicity, promotions and advertisements any and all photographs, videos, films or depictions of any kind in which I may appear, without any compensation to me.
- I agree that if any part of this Agreement is void or voidable because contrary to law, the other provisions will remain in full force and effect to achieve, as far as possible, the purposes of this Agreement. I also agree that this Agreement shall be governed by the General Maritime Law and any claims arising out of your ride with PJE will be brought in United States District Court for the District of Oregon, Portland Division.
THIS IS A BINDING CONTRACT. READ AND UNDERSTAND BEFORE SIGNING.
Dated: February 8, 2023