GIG HARBOR CANOE & KAYAK RACING TEAM PARTICIPANT RELEASE OF LIABILITY & ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in paddle sports, related events and activities, I the undersigned, acknowledge, appreciate, and agree that:
1. The risk of injury from the activities involved in this watersport program is significant, including but not limited to (1) changing water flow, tides, currents and wave action, (2) collision with other participants or watercraft and manmade or natural objects, including capsizing, (3) varying wind and temperatures, including inclement weather and lighting, (4) any limitations in my ability to swim, follow directions, maintain my balance, and operate the equipment, (5) exposure to the elements, which may result in hypothermia, sunburn, sunstroke, dehydration, fatigue, chill and/or dizziness, (6) equipment failure, (7) the presence of insects and marine life and (8) the potential for permanent paralysis and death.
2. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, even if arising from the negligence of the releasees or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation.
3. I willingly agree to comply with terms and conditions for participation, and hereby confirm I have a current and valid USACK &/or ACA membership that has not expired. If I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately.
4. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS Gig Harbor Canoe & Kayak Racing Team, USA Canoe/Kayak, and their officers, officials, agents and/or employees, other participants, sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event (RELEASEES), from any and all claims, demands, losses, and liability arising out of or related to any injury, disability or death I may suffer, or loss or damage to person or property, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
AMERICAN CANOE ASSOCIATION WAIVER & RELEASE OF LIABILITY
READ BEFORE SIGNING
IN CONSIDERATION of being permitted to participate in any way in the American Canoe Association, Inc. sports and recreation program and related activities (“Activities”) I, for myself, my personal representatives, assigns, heirs, and next of kin:
1. ACKNOWLEDGE, agree, and represent that I understand the nature of paddlesports and related activities and that I am qualified, in good health, in proper physical condition to participate in such activity and willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions of participation. I further agree and warrant that if at any time I believe conditions to be unsafe, I will immediately discontinue further participation in the Activity. If I decide to leave early and not complete the trip as planned, I assume all risks inherent in my decision to leave.
2. FULLY UNDERSTAND that: (a) Paddlesports and related ACTIVITIES INVOLVE RISKS AND DANGERS OF DAMAGE TO PERSONAL PROPERTY AND SERIOUS BODILY INJURY, INCLUDING PERMANENT DISABILITY, PARALYSIS, AND DEATH ("RISKS"); (b) these Risks and dangers may be caused by my own actions or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in the Activity, the condition in which the Activity takes place, or THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE "RELEASEES" NAMED BELOW; (c) there may be OTHER RISKS AND SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC LOSSES either not known to me or not readily foreseeable at this time; and I FULLY ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSSES, COSTS, AND DAMAGES I incur as a result of my participation or that of the minor in the Activity.
3. HEREBY RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE the American Canoe Association, Inc., its Paddle America Clubs, affiliated clubs and organizational affiliates, their respective ACA certified instructors, certified instructor trainers, and certified instructor trainer educators, administrators, directors, agents, officers, members, volunteers, and employees, other participants, any sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises on which the Activity takes place, (each considered one of the "RELEASEES" herein) FROM ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, INJURIES, DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, OR OTHER DAMAGES ON MY ACCOUNT CAUSED OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE "RELEASEES" OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING NEGLIGENT RESCUE OPERATIONS; AND I FURTHER AGREE that if, despite this RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT I, or anyone on my behalf, makes a claim against any of the Releasees, I WILL INDEMNIFY, SAVE, AND HOLD HARMLESS EACH OF THE RELEASEES from any litigation expenses, attorney fees, loss, liability, damage, or cost which any may incur as the result of such claim.
I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT AND HAVE SIGNED IT FREELY AND WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT OR ASSURANCE OF ANY NATURE AND INTEND IT TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW AND AGREE THAT IF ANY PORTION OF THIS AGREEMENT IS HELD TO BE INVALID THE BALANCE, NOTWITHSTANDING, SHALL CONTINUE IN FULL FORCE AND EFFECT.
MINOR PARTICIPANT (if applicable): I, THE MINOR PARTICIPANT, HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT AND HAVE SIGNED IT FREELY AND WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT OR ASSURANCE OF ANY NATURE AND INTEND IT TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW AND AGREE THAT IF ANY PORTION OF THIS AGREEMENT IS HELD TO BE INVALID THE BALANCE, NOTWITHSTANDING, SHALL CONTINUE IN FULL FORCE AND EFFECT.
By registering myself and/or my child(ren) for the Gig Harbor Paddlers Cup, I grant permission to the Gig Harbor Canoe/Kayak Racing Team, its agents and assigns, to use my and/or my child/children's likeness for the purpose of promotion by GHCKRT in all forms, media and manners, including, but not limited to, news releases, photographs, video, audio, website, marketing, advertising, trade, promotion, and exhibition for an indefinite period of time.
I give unrestricted permission for images, videos, and recordings of myself and/or my child(ren) to be used in print, video, digital, and internet media. I agree that these images and/or voice recordings may be used for a variety of purposes and that these images may be used without further notifying me.
I further acknowledge that I will not be compensated for these uses and the Gig Harbor Canoe/Kayak Racing Team owns all rights to the images, videos, and recordings, and to any derivative works created from them.
I waive any right to inspect the uses of any printed or electronic copy. I hereby release Gig Harbor Canoe/Kayak Racing Team and its agents and assigns from any claims that may arise from these uses, including without limitation claims of defamation or invasion of privacy, or of infringement of moral rights or rights of publicity or copyright.
Dated: May 20, 2019