Agreement and Terms
In consideration of your accepting me as a member of Target Skysports Parachute training organisation (PTO) and of your authorising experienced and competent Instructors and Staff to supervise my training and instruction as a parachutist I hereby acknowledge and agree:
1. That I am fully aware of, and fully accept, the risks and dangers inherent in the activity of parachuting, and in particular the increased dangers of failing to adhere to the methods and regulations as advised and notified to me.
2. That I enter into this agreement voluntarily and entirely at my own risk. I agree that neither the PTO nor its Staff will be held liable in the event of any loss, injury or damage (howsoever caused) caused to any property or suffered by me, or any other person, in connection with or as a result of parachuting or any of the activities carried on by, or facilities provided by, the PTO.
3. I am fully aware that medical declarations are requested to ensure I am fit, well and safe to partake in skydiving activities.
4. So as to bind myself, my heirs, my Personal Representatives and assigns I hereby indemnify the PTO – all the members thereof – and all the Instructors, agents and Staff employed by the PTO against any claims, demands or liability which may arise in respect of any such loss, injury or damage. I understand that in the event of any such loss, injury, damage or death, no compensation or damages will be payable to me, my dependents or my estate and that it is my responsibility to effect such insurance cover as I may require.
5. That I will be bound in all aspects by the Company’s Memorandum and Articles of Association and will comply with its Safety Regulations, and all the Rules and Regulations of the owners or occupiers of the land and premises used by the PTO. I further agree to obey all relevant instructions given to me by the PTO, its Staff, servants or agents.
6. That the PTO has my authority to use part of the membership fee paid by me to effect a contract of Third Party Public Liability Insurance, which insurance shall be effective throughout the period of my membership and shall cover, up to such limit as the PTO shall from time to time determine, my personal liabilities for death or injury to persons or damage to property caused during the course of any approved sport parachute jump made by me. For this purpose, the duration of the jump shall be from the time of entering an aircraft for the purpose of making an approved sport parachute jump until disengagement from the harness following the jump.
7. That I will notify the PTO within THREE working days of any incident involving a Third Party resulting from any approved sport parachute jump made by me.
8. I am aware that my information will be stored on servers outside of the EEA namely in the USA.
9. That references to the “PTO” and/or “Club / Centre” shall mean and include the Company Sidetarget Limited – Target Skysports Parachute Training Organisation – Skydive Hibaldstow – and all the members thereof.
10. I agree to read, abide by and stay current with the Centre Rules and Regulations, the Dropzone privacy statement copies of which may be found within the PTO SOPs, on the club house notice board, the notice board in the café entrance or by request to a member of Staff. I understand that failure to comply with the PTO Rules, Regulations and SOPs and those of the BPA may result in exclusion from any and all skydiving activities.
11. I acknowledge and agree that video and photos taken at or by Skydive Hibaldstow may be used in advertising including but not limited to print, online and social media for Skydive Hibaldstow and other Swallow Group dropzones. I give Skydive Hibaldstow and their assigns, licences and legal representatives the irrevocable right to use your name, or any fictional name, picture, portrait, photograph, image, video or voice in all forms and media and in all manners. I waive the right to inspect or approve the finished product, including written copy that may be created in connection. I release Skydive Hibaldstow and all and any of its representatives from all and any monetary payments for use of you in film, video, photographs, images, voice, or any other media format.
12. I declare that I am 18 years of age or over* or I am under 18 years of age*. The minimum age for parachuting and skydiving is 16 years old.