ASSUMPTION OF RISK, WAIVER OF LIABILITY, RELEASE & INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
IIS, LLC, DBA- INDEPENDENCE INDOOR SHOOTING
I hereby acknowledge that I have voluntarily applied to enter into and to engage in or to observe shooting and other activities at IIS, LLC., DBA as Independence Indoor Shooting (the "RANGE" or IIS). I further acknowledge and understand that "shooting and other activities" includes any and all activities of any kind whatsoever in which I engage or observe while at the RANGE, regardless of the sponsoring party.
Under state law, if you have been convicted of a felony, you are not permitted to rent, touch, possess or be in control in any way of a firearm in or at IIS LLC, furthermore, all activity is recorded and if needed will be turned over to proper authorities.
I hereby agree to each of the following terms and conditions of this Agreement, and I have clicked “I Agree” to each section of the agreement as having been read, understood, and accepted by me:
I UNDERSTAND AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT SHOOTING ACTIVITIES ARE INHERENTLY HAZARDOUS and involve both known and unanticipated risks which could result in damage or destruction of property and physical or emotional injury, including paralysis or death of myself or of other persons. The risks include, but are not limited to being shot by or shooting myself or others, partial or total loss of eyesight or hearing, inhalation or other harmful contact with lead or other contaminants, and being struck by flying or falling objects. I understand that such risks cannot be eliminated without compromising the essential qualities of shooting activities.
I FURTHER UNDERSTAND AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT the nature and condition of the RANGE facilities, premises and environment is such that both known and unanticipated hazards exist which create or contribute to both known and unanticipated risks inherent in entering on to the RANGE, in using RANGE facilities and in engaging in or observing any activities of any kind whatsoever while at the RANGE.
I FURTHER UNDERSTAND AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT IIS has no duty to undertake first-aid or rescue operations or procedures in the event any such property damage or physical or emotional injury occurs, and that any such operations or procedures may result in compounded or increased damages or injuries.
I FURTHER UNDERSTAND AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT IIS makes no warrant as to the design, manufacture, maintenance, condition or fitness for any purpose of any RANGE facilities or equipment, including, but not limited to: firearms, ammunition, eye/hearing protection, and first-aid supplies
As lawful consideration for being permitted by IIS to enter on to the RANGE, to use RANGE facilities or equipment and to engage in or observe shooting and other activities at the RANGE, as either a Member or a Guest, I agree as follows:
I EXPRESSLY AGREE TO ACCEPT AND ASSUME ANY AND ALL RISKS EXISTING ON THE RANGE AND IN ENTERING ON TO THE RANGE AND IN USING RANGE FACILITIES OR EQUIPMENT AND IN ENGAGING IN OR OBSERVING SHOOTING AND OTHER ACTIVITIES AT THE RANGE.
I AGREE to abide by all IIS and RANGE Rules, and to ensure that my Guests do so as well.
I AGREE that I, my next of kin, heirs, guardians, representatives and assigns HEREBY RELEASE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE AND AGREE NOT TO SUE IIS or its assigns (I understand that "IIS" includes any and all officers, directors, attorneys, agents, employees, contractors, volunteers, guests and affiliated individuals or organizations of IIS) from and against any and all claims, demands, damages, expenses, causes of action, attachments of property, or liability of any kind whatsoever, that I, my next of kin, heirs, guardians, representatives or assigns may have, including but not limited to, property damage, personal injury or death resulting from me or my Guests entering on to the RANGE, using RANGE facilities or equipment, or engaging in or observing shooting and other activities at the RANGE, even if such claims, demands, damages, expenses, causes of action, attachments of property, or liability result partially or wholly from any act or acts, even any negligent act or omission to act, including negligent or omitted first-aid or rescue operations or procedures, by IIS.
I AGREE that I, my next of kin, heirs, guardians, representatives and assigns HEREBY AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS IIS from and against any and all claims, demands, damages, expenses, causes of action, attachments of property, or liability of any kind whatsoever, including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs, that I, my next of kin, heirs guardians, representatives or assigns, my Guests, or anyone else, may have, including but not limited to property damage, personal injury or death, whether suffered by me, by my Guests, or by anyone else, resulting from me or my Guests entering on to the RANGE, using RANGE facilities or equipment, or engaging in or observing shooting and other activities at the RANGE, even if such claims, demands, damages, expenses, causes of action, attachments of property, or liability result partially or wholly from any act or acts, even any negligent act or omission to act, including negligent or omitted first-aid or rescue operations or procedures, by IIS.
I ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE that this Agreement shall be interpreted and enforced under the laws of the State of IDAHO, and that the venue for any action or proceeding shall be the State of Idaho, without regard for the conflict of law rules of the State of Idaho.
I AGREE that any action at law (including arbitration) requiring IIS to enforce or interpret the terms of this agreement, IIS will be entitled to reasonable attorney’s fees, cost, and to any other relief to which IIS may be entitled.
I FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE that this Agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by law, and that if any provision or portion is held to be invalid, void or otherwise unenforceable, I agree and intend that the remaining provisions or portion shall continue and remain in full legal force and effect.
I FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE that it is my understanding and intent that this Agreement, and any signed written amendments or modifications to it, shall remain in full force and effect from the date of execution and ever after and Shall be applicable to each and every occasion that I or my Guests enter on to the RANGE, use RANGE facilities or equipment or engage in or observe shooting and other activities at the RANGE.
I have carefully read this "ASSUMPTION OF RISK, WAIVER OF LIABILITY, RELEASE & INDEMNITY AGREEMENT” and fully know its contents. I acknowledge that no other inducement, assurance or guarantee has been made to me in consideration of my signing this Agreement, which I sign voluntarily and of my own free will, I further acknowledge and agree that this Agreement may be amended or modified only by a writing signed by me and by an authorized agent of IIS.
I UNDERSTAND THAT BY MY SIGNATURE I AM GIVING UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS; THAT I AM AGREEING NOT TO SUE IIS AND RELEASING AND HOLDING HARMLESS IIS OF ALL LIABILITY.
November 26, 2020
Firearm safety is important! Please read all of the following safety rules. Please understand that the strict enforcement of these rules is for your safety and the safety of those around you. Infractions of the safety rules can be cause for immediate dismissal from the facility and cancellation of membership or range time. There will be NO REFUNDS of money for customers that do not abide by the rules and have had their membership or range time revoked.
FUNDIMENTAL FIREARM SAFETY RULES
ALWAYS treat all firearms as if they are loaded.
ALWAYS keep the muzzle (the end of the barrel) pointed in a safe direction.
ALWAYS keep your finger off the trigger and outside of the trigger guard until ready to fire.
ALWAYS be aware of your surroundings especially what is in front and behind your target.
ALWAYS take the time to learn the basic functions and safety features of the firearm.
ALWAYS use proper eye and ear protection before entering the range and at all times while on the range.
ALWAYS use the correct ammunition for your gun.
ALWAYS unload and open the action when transferring a firearm from one person to another, or from moving in and out of storage.
ALWAYS be courteous and respectful to others shooting on the range
NEVER use alcohol or impairing drugs before or while shooting.
ADDITIONAL RANGE RULES FOR SHOOTING AT IIS
1. ABSOLUTELY NO LOADED FIREARM WILL BE ALLOWED TO ENTER OR EXIT THE FIRING RANGE FACILITY. All firearms not on the firing line must be unloaded with their action open and the magazine removed, or unloaded and encased. Exception: Sworn Law Enforcement or Concealed Carry Permit Holders whose weapons must remain holstered while not on the firing line.
2. ALL FIREARMS AND AMMUNITION ARE SUBJECT TO INSPECTION. All firearms must be complete in construction and in good working order. Incendiary, tracer, armor piercing, frangible, bird shot, and black powder rounds ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Remanufactured and self-reloaded ammunitions must be reloaded within safe recommended tolerances.
3. COMMANDS issued by Range Officers and Range Personnel MUST BE OBEYED IMMEDIATELY and without question. The Range Officer will have FINAL word in ALL matters. If the Range Officer feels that you are unfit to use the range for ANY REASON, you will be denied access.
4. THE RANGE IS ALWAYS CONSIDERED HOT unless declared otherwise. This means that firing may commence at any time at the firing line.
5. When the command CEASE FIRE is given, or the Range Alarm sounds.
a. Stop shooting IMMEDIATELY.
b. Remove your finger from the trigger.
c. Keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.
d. Wait for further instructions from the Range Officer.
e. Anyone on the range may issue a CEASE FIRE command upon a safety violation or emergency.
6. AVOID CROWDING THE BOOTHS. Guests and observers should remain behind the blue line. AVOID EXCHANGING FIREARMS FROM BOOTH-TO-BOOTH, but instead switch shooters, leaving the firearm pointed down range, unloaded, and actions lock open.
7. Make sure the ANGLE OF YOUR SHOOTING is so that your round DOES NOT IMPACT the ceiling, floor or side walls. Targets must be placed at eye level to ensure bullets hit the rubber berm. NO CROSS LANE SHOOTING. Shooters at the Ranges Officer’s discretion will be held FINANCIALLY RESPOSIBLE for any damage they cause to the range and the equipment, regardless of intent.
8. NO ONE other than IIS personnel MAY GO FORWARD OF THE FIRING LINE unless specific permission is given by the IIS range staff.
9. SHOOTERS MAY ONLY COLLECT THEIR OWN BRASS behind the firing line. The fallen brass will be periodically pushed forward past the firing line to prevent falling hazards. ANY brass past the firing line CANNOT BE RETRIEVED.
10. If you experience a FIREARM OR AMMUNITION MALFUNCTION of any type and you are unfamiliar with how to handle it, keep the firearm in the booth pointed down range with you finger off the trigger and notify a range officer immediately for help. Rounds that do not fire must remain chambered for 30 seconds then need to be collected and safely discarded by the range officer.
1. Persons under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian over the age of 25. The parent or guardian must remain with the underage member at all times while in the firing area.
2. IIS reserves the right to photograph or videotape all patrons.
3. Food, beverages, physically impairing products and the use of tobacco products are prohibited on the range. Smoking is prohibited throughout the building. Lead is a poison, so for your safety, always wash your hands and face immediately after shooting and/or cleaning your firearm.
4 Women who are, or may be, or trying to become pregnant should not be in the ranges.
5. Only one person is permitted to shoot from a firing lane at a time. Not more than four people will be assigned to a firing lane.
IIS RANGE OPERATION POLIES & PROCEDURES
1. All federal, state and local firearm laws must be obeyed.
2. No open toe or open heeled shoes allowed in the ranges.
3. No food or beverages is allowed in the range.
4. Prior to shooting, Range Staff will assign you a lane. No one will be allowed to change lanes unless authorized by Range Staff. If authorized, firearms must be unloaded and cleared prior to changing lanes.
5. ANY shot that results in the bullet striking anything other than the target and/or backstop will result in a damage or repair fine of $20 per impact. This may also result in your removal from the range, permanent ejection from the facility and revocation of any passes without refund of money. Metal clips are located on each carboard backer, clip your targets below the carrier to ensure you strike ONLY YOUR TARGET to avoid any fines.
6. If you have any medical disabilities or physical impairments that may affect your ability shooting please notify the range officer so that they may provide any available assistance.
7. The shooter is responsible for any abnormal damage to the range. Hitting the ceiling, walls, and lights is considered abnormal.
8. You may draw and fire from a holster only if you're Sworn Law Enforcement or if you've attended, and passed, the IIS Advanced Pistol Course (Pistol 201). Shoulder holsters, ankle holsters, small of the back, and cross-draw holsters may not be used.
9. Controlled Rapid Fire is acceptable under the following conditions:
a. Each round must strike the intended target and you must shoot within your abilities.
b. Failure to control your fire will result in removal from the range. You will have to pay for cost of repair to the range and/or$20 PER IMPACT.
10. You will be required to temporarily surrender your driver license to rent a firearm from IIS. All IIS rented firearms are required to only use IIS range ammunition. Upon returning the firearm at the end of your session, your license will be returned.
11. Anyone using offensive language, behaving in an unprofessional manner or in any way being a nuisance or distraction to others will be barred from the facility without refund of money.
12. To minimize noise in the lobby area, please let the lobby door close completely behind you before opening the range door and vice versa.
13. IIS is not responsible for any customer belongings lost or stolen while on the premises.
14. No cleaning or disassembling of firearms in the range, retail area, or parking lot. We are not responsible for lost parts. If you need assistants with this, please visit our gunsmith. Sworn Law Enforcement required to clean their firearm before returning to duty are exempt from this.
15. The use of cameras and/or cell phones while handling and shooting firearms is prohibited. They must be mounted or operated by someone not operating the firearm.
I UNDERSTAND THAT BY MY SIGNATURE I HAVE READ AND AGREE TO BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY AND ALL SAFETY VIOLATIONS REGARDLESS IF ANY SAFETY ISSUE IS NOT LISTED HEREIN. I UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY SAFETY AND THE SAFETY OF MY GUESTS.
November 26, 2020
Please Note: If you are in the United States on any type of Visa and you are not from a "Visa Waiver Country", then Federal law (18 U.S.C. § 922[g][1-9]) prohibits you from possessing firearms, ammunition, or explosives. The penalty for violating this law is ten years imprisonment and/or a $250,000 fine. The list of waiver countries can be found here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_Waiver_Program