IN CONSIDERATION of being permitted to participate among and on horses on the premises of or under the auspices of King’s Stables at King's Home (herein after reffered to as King's Stables), on my behalf and on behalf of the participant named above (we will collectively call ourselves “I” in this release), I acknowledge, appreciate, and agree that:
1) The risk of injury from the activities involved in this program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis or death. This risk includes, but is not limited to, my being in the presence of, mounted on, and/or leading horses and includes but is not limited to property damage, injury, or death resulting from the dangers or conditions that are an inherent risk of equine activity.
2) By signing this RELEASE OF LIABILITY, I UNDERSTAND AND KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OR LEGAL LIABILITY of those persons released from liability below, and assume full responsibility for my participation. I understand that there may be other risks, as well, and I agree to assume them; I am not relying on King’s Stables to list all possible risks for me.
3) I will comply with all rules and regulations of King’s Stables. If I have any question, or observe any unusual or unnecessary hazard during my participation, I will immediately notify the nearest instructor, director, or manager of King’s Stables.
4) I feel that the possible benefits to myself/my son/my daughter/my ward of participation in equine activities or being around horses or on King’s Stables property are greater than the risk assumed. I hereby, intending to be legally bound, for myself on behalf of my heirs and assigns, personal representatives, and next of kin, waive and release forever all claims of damages against King’s Stables, and its Officers, Directors, Instructors, Therapists, Physicians, Aides, Volunteers, Employees, Agents, Donors and affiliated persons for any and all injuries and/or losses I/my son/my daughter/my ward may sustain while participating in King’s Stables horsemanship programs either on or off site, or while being on or near the premises of King’s Stables.
5) I hereby agree/do not agree to allow myself or my child to be photographed, videotaped and/or voice recorded and for my/his/her image, likeness, and voice to be used in photographs, videos, publications, internet, news and social media and web pages for special projects or publicity. I hereby waive the right to receive any payment for King’s Stables use of any of the material described above.
(If disagree - leave checkbox blank)
UNDER ALABAMA LAW, AN EQUINE ACTIVITY SPONSOR OR EQUINE PROFESSIONAL IS NOT LIABLE FOR AN INJURY TO OR THE DEATH OF A PARTICIPANT IN EQUINE ACTIVITIES RESULTING FROM THE INHERENT RISKS OF EQUINE ACTIVITIES, PURSUANT TO THE EQUINE ACTIVITIES LIABILITY PROTECTION ACT.
August 7, 2020