Release and Waiver of Liability and Indemnity Agreement
In consideration of being permitted to participate in any way in the Chicago Mixed Martial Arts program and/or Sono Fitness program (herein also defined and referred to as releasee(s)) and/or being permitted to enter for any purpose any restricted area (herein defined as any area where in admittance to the general public is prohibited):
1. I/We fully understand and acknowledge that:
a. There are risks and dangers associated with participation in these activities which could result in bodily injury partial and/or total disability, paralysis and death.
b. The social and economic losses and/or damages, which could result from these risks and dangers described above, could be severe.
c. These risks and dangers may be caused by the action, inaction or negligence of the participant or the action, inaction or negligence of others, including, but not limited to the releasees named above.
2. I/WE accept and assume such risks and responsibility for the losses and/or damages following such injury, disability, paralysis or death, however caused and whether caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the releasees.
3. I/We hereby release, waive, discharge, and agree not to sue the Chicago Mixed Martial Arts (Fights Sports LLC), CrossFit SoNo (Athlete Chicago LLC), including it owners, managers, trainers, lessees of premises used to conduct the program, underwriters, consultants and others who give recommendations, directions or instructions.
4. The undersigned further expressly agrees that the foregoing release, waiver, and indemnity agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the law of the Province or State in which the event is conducted and that if any portion is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding continue in full legal force and effect.
5. If, despite the release, the participant makes a claim against any of the releasees, the participant, parents(s) and/or legal guardian(s) will reimburse the releasee for any money that the releasee or his agents pay to defend themselves against legal actions.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND HAVE SIGNED IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WTHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT, ASSURANCE, OR GUARANTEE BEING MADE TO ME AND INTEND MY SIGNATURE TO BE COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW.