INDRALOKA ANIMAL SANCTUARY VISITOR AGREEMENT AND LIABILITY WAIVER AND RELEASE (“AGREEMENT”)
Thank you for your interest in Indraloka Animal Sanctuary, “Heaven on Earth” for farm animals with nowhere else to turn. We hope you will find Indraloka a sanctuary for you, too!
Visits and tours are by appointment only (no drop-ins). We ask all visitors to respect and adhere to our Code of Conduct:
● Our guiding principle is that all life is sacred. Please remember this at all times.
● We respect the Earth. Please help us to protect our environment in all of your actions on site (and consider doing this when you are off site as well!)
● Be compassionate, respectful, kind, and considerate to all human animals and other animals.
● Be courteous, patient, and open minded.
● Be willing to learn, even when you think you know.
● Have fun. It is good for you and the animals. Smile, laugh, and enjoy yourself.
Before your visit, please read this Agreement and acknowledge the following by checking each box below:
Note: If you are under the age of 18, your parent or guardian must sign this Minor Agreement on your behalf: https://waiver.smartwaiver.com/w/5f9c82229ac99/web/
In consideration of being allowed to visit Indraloka Animal Sanctuary (“Indraloka”), and intending to be legally bound, the undersigned (hereinafter “I” or “me”) agrees and affirms as follows:
CONSENT TO PHOTOGRAPHS:
By checking the box below: (1) I hereby grant permission to be photographed and/or videotaped during the course of normal activities during my visit to Indraloka. (2) I further understand and agree that Indraloka may use such photographs/videos with or without my name or permission and for any lawful purpose, including in Indraloka’s advertisements and publicity posters, as well as on the Indraloka Sanctuary Website.
SAFETY PRECAUTIONS (FOR HUMANS AND OTHER ANIMALS):
Indraloka’s safety precautions must be strictly followed for the safety of every animal and person. Indraloka reserves the right to ask anyone to leave the property who fails to follow these rules and/or has agreed to be responsible to supervise a minor who fails to follow these rules.
● Please remember, SAFETY first.
● No rough housing, screaming, loud noises, or profanity.
● Wear sturdy boots or shoes to protect your feet no sandals, flip flops etc.
● Do not enter any stall or pasture without permission.
● Always close the gate immediately behind you and be certain it is latched/locked properly.
● Do not enter any stalls or pastures unless invited by a staff member.
● Do not feed any animal anything (not even treats) without direct approval. The animals have special needs and restrictions to their diets.
● Do not handle any animal without direct authorization.
● Please no outside food due to food allergy safety risks.
● No smoking on sanctuary grounds.
● No alcohol or drug abuse while attending an Indraloka related function.
● Those under age 18 must be supervised by a parent/guardian at all times.
● In the past 14 days, I have not had close contact with birds who have access to the outside
I have read and agree to follow the above Safety Precautions.
I understand that no weapons of any kind, or anything that would reasonably be perceived as a weapon, are allowed on Indraloka’s grounds. This includes weapons in private and locked vehicles, no matter if one has a permit for them or not.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK
- I understand that COVID-19 is contagious; that an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present; and that Indraloka cannot guarantee that I will not become infected with COVID-19 during my visit.
- I understand that I am likely to be exposed to common allergens while visiting Indraloka. These might include, for example, nuts, seeds, soy, and bees.
- I understand that there are risks involved in visiting Indraloka and being around large and small animals on its property, including but not limited to injury or illness from an animal scratch, kick, buck or bite.
- I understand the risk of disease transference from interacting with Indraloka’s animals, and I agree that I will take all precautions to remove any contaminated articles of clothing or other possible sources of contact before entering my own home and interacting with my own animals.
- I understand that any injury or illness incurred by me or my own animals as a result of visiting Indraloka, and all medical costs associated with such injury or contracted illness or disease, will be my sole responsibility.
- I understand that while visiting the sanctuary, I will come into contact with animal feces. I recognize that I should wash and disinfect my hands and shoes thoroughly after visiting.
I have read and understand the above risks:
LIABILITY WAIVER AND RELEASE
By visiting Indraloka, I voluntarily assume all risks of injury or illness, including but not limited to the risks stated above, and agree not to hold Indraloka or any of its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, or volunteers liable for any illness or injury.
I, on my own behalf and on the behalf of my heirs, executors, administrators or anyone else who might claim on my behalf, hereby expressly waive and release any and all claims, now known or hereafter known, against Indraloka or any of its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, or volunteers from any or all claims or liability for death, personal injury or property damage of any kind of nature whatsoever arising out of, or in the course of, my visit to Indraloka.
Date: August 17, 2022