1. Skin Rejuvenation Procedure
Bared Monkey offer the best aesthetic technology, such as, M22™ IPL Photofacial, PicoWay™, PicoSure Pro™ Laser for vascular and pigmentation removal, AviClear™, Hydrafacial, VI Peels, PCA Peels, Clarity™ II Laser Genesis, Hollywood Spectra Q-switch laser for mild to sever acnes treatments, Secret™ RF Microneedling, ResurFX™ laser, Picoway® Resolve™, LaseMD Ultra treatment for firming up tissue, remodeling collagen, improving fine lines, wrinkles, skin texture and diminishing scars, etc.
The Picoway® & Picosure Pro™ are the most powerful Pico laser for benign pigmentation such as freckles, age spots, lentigines, and the stubborn pigmentation such as Nevus of Ota, Café-au-Lait, Melasma and more. It delivers the highest power in the shortest pulses in the market at 200ps which reduce the thermal impact and boost photoacoustic effect. Patients can enjoy a radiant and renewed look with minimum downtime and side effects.
The M22 IPL™ photofacial treatment targets brown and red pigment in the skin. They can also target the bacteria that causes acne, reducing its severity, along with stimulating collagen production, to help firm skin and reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles.
The Lumenis ResurFX™ treatment is a fractional skin rejuvenation solution that addresses the early signs of aging, helps even out hyperpigmentation (like sun spots or melasma), smooth wrinkles, and fade stretch marks and mild acne scars.
The AviClear™ Laser is indicated for the treatment of mild to severe inflammatory acne vulgaris. It utilize 1726 nm wavelength to selectively targets this exact frequency to damage the sebocytes and down-regulate sebum production which eliminate acnes at its source.
The HydraFacial is the FDA-approved hydradermabrasion procedure that combines cleansing, exfoliation, extraction, hydration and antioxidant protection simultaneously, resulting in clearer, more beautiful skin with little-to-no downtime. The treatment is soothing, moisturizing, non-invasive and generally non-irritating. As with most procedures, visible results from HydraFacial will vary from person to person.
The VI Peels/PCA Peels treatments can be used to diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, improve texture/tone, reduce pore size, increase hydration and moisture retention, give skin a smoother appearance and diminish the appearance of hyperpigmentation. Layers of product are applied based on your unique skin composition and needs.
The LaseMD Ultra™ Skin Resurfacing is the “true Thulium” laser for skin revitalization. The laser creates tiny “microchannels” in the skin which increases the absorption of compounds. It helps rebuild glowing and healthy skin, reduce appearance of pore size and enhance brightness, in addition, the laser energy stimulates dermal repair, promote healing, regeneration, and collagen formation to give the entire surface a healthy and beautifully noticeable radiance.
The Secret™ RF’s Microneedling treatment deliver energy at various depths in the epidermis and dermis to induce collagen regeneration while sparing the skin’s surface. Secret RF can be used to improve your skin quality by reducing signs of photo aging and photo damage, fine lines and wrinkles, stretchmarks and scars/acne scars. Unlike other devices which only deposit energy on the surface of the skin, Secret RF delivers energy below the surface where it's needed most to help revitalize and regenerate the skin. This unique delivery of energy allows us to achieve the optimum results with little to no downtime on all skin types.
The Clarity II™ Laser Genesis delivering a therapeutic dose of energy from the laser, the upper dermis (middle layer of the skin) receives enough heat to stimulate the growth of collagen, elastin, and new skin cells. To diminish redness; reduce rosacea, inflamed acnes, smooth texture and reduce pore size, the laser targets small facial capillaries within the target layers of skin. The thermal coagulation and vaporization (ablation) of the affected tissue that results, along with collagen production, are the key changes that restore the structural balance within the skin so that a youthful glow may be achieved after a series of sessions.
The Hollywood Spectra Laser toning is a fast and comfortable treatment that uses a Q-switched Nd:YAG laser energy in ultra-short pulses to target and break down pigmentation, acne scars and other skin imperfections without damaging the surrounding tissue.
The advantage of a Hollywood Spectra peel in comparison to other treatments is the minimal downtime. With minimal side effects, most people have the treatment over lunchtime or just before a special event.
The purpose of the above mentioned procedures is to improve the appearance of photo-aged skin by clearing the superficial pigmented and vascular lesions, promoting collagen growth and thus improving the skin texture. However, the degree of improvement and the number of sessions required vary in clients with variables such as age, condition of your skin, sun damage, smoking, skin care products, climate, life-style, and general health, you acknowledge that there are no guarantees, warranties or assurances that you will be satisfied with your results.
2. What we can treat?
- Sun damage and brown spots
- Broken Capillaries/Rosacea and redness
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Hyperpigmentation and scarring
- General skin tone and texture
3. Risks and Side Effects:
• Discomfort: Mild to moderate discomfort is typical during treatment. If a patient reports severe discomfort, the treatment should be paused, and the settings verified and/or adjusted accordingly.
• Erythema and edema: Mild to significant erythema (redness) and mild to moderate edema (swelling) developing during and immediately after treatment are expected. Mild erythema typically resolves within 30 minutes to several hours, significant erythema and edema may take up to 1 week to subside; Application of cold packs immediately after treatment may reduce the severity and duration of both.
• Transient acne flareups: Mild flareups of inflammatory acne lesions are common after acne treatment. If acne flareups occur, they typically maximize 2 to 5 days after treatment and resolve over 2 to 3 weeks ; however, acne flareups can continue at perceptible levels for several more weeks.
• Temporary skin dryness: Temporary mild skin dryness is common after skin resurfacing treatment. If skin dryness occurs, it is normally noticed 1-5 days after treatment and typically resolves in 1 to 2 weeks with application of topical skin moisturizers (e.g., CeraVe®, Cetaphil®); however, it can persist up to 4 weeks.
• Crusting/scabbing:Mild crusting or scabbing may occur during healing process. If crusting/scabbing occurs, the crusts/scabs should be allowed to naturally slough, without picking, to minimize the likelihood of skin pigmentation changes or infection.
• Blisters: Mild to moderate blisters are very rare. If blisters do develop, care should be taken not to disturb or unroof the blisters to prevent oozing and possible infection. Oozing from blisters that are disturbed or unroofed lasting more than a day should be evaluated by the treating practitioner.
• Hyperpigmentation: Darkening of the skin (hyperpigmentation) can occur as a result of inflammation during the recovery period. If it occurs, it may last for one to several months before normal pigmentation levels return. Hyperpigmentation is very rarely permanent. Your treating practitioner may recommend topical skin-lightening products to accelerate the return to normal pigmentation levels.
• Skin texture changes: Transient texture changes are rare and usually resolve with time.
• Infection: Despite good wound care, pain, swelling, oozing, and fever can indicate the development of an infection. This is rare though it can occur. Topical and/or oral antibiotics may be necessary.
• Scarring: Scarring is a rare occurrence, but it is a possibility whenever the skin's surface is disrupted. To minimize the chances of scarring, it is important that patients follow all post-treatment instructions provided by their health care provider. Good post-treatment care will help reduce the possibility of scarring.
• Hypopigmentation: Lightening or loss of skin pigment (hypopigmentation) is very rare. Transient hypopigmentation lasting several weeks has been reported following crusting/scabbing. Permanent hypopigmentation has not been reported; however, it is a possible adverse event, especially in patients with a history of vitiligo or pigmentary disorders.
• Bruising: broken capillary blood vessels may lead to transient “mini-bruising”. Sun avoidance is essential in that case
4. Pre-Procedure Instructions
- Excess hair may need to be shaved. Men should be cleanly shaved prior to the treatment.
- No excessive sun exposure, sun tanning or self tanner 4 weeks prior to treatment.
- Use a broad spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen with an SPF of 50 or higher. Apply to the treated area every 2 hours when exposed to the sun and it is recommended to make this a part of your skin care routine.
- Avoid skin irritants (i.e. product containing tretinoin, retinol, benzoyl peroxide, glycolic/salicylic acids, vitamin C/Ascorbic acid, astringents etc.) for 5-7 days before treatment.
- Notify us with any changes to your health history or medications since your last appointment.
- History of herpes or cold sores may require an antiviral prescription prior to the treatment.
- Remove all makeup, lotions, creams or oils prior to treatment.
5. Post-Procedure Instructions
- Mild to significant erythema (redness) and mild to moderate edema (swelling) developing during and immediately after treatment are expected. Mild erythema typically resolves within 30 minutes to several hours, significant erythema and edema may take up to 1 week to subside; Application of cold packs immediately after treatment may reduce the severity and duration of both.
- Immediately post-treatment, apply a broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) SPF 30+ sunblock and recommend to apply on a daily basis, re-applying every 90-minutes if outside.
- Cold compresses or chilled gel packs may be applied post treatment for patient comfort.
- If crusting/scabbing occurs, do not rub or pick on the area. Apply Aquaphor ointment or other moisturizer to the treated area 2-3 times a day. Keep the area moist and let the crusting/scabbing resolve on its own.
- Avoid sports or any other activity that could lead to excessive perspiration.
- Avoid swimming, soaking or using hot tubs/whirlpools until the skin heals.
- Direct and prolonged sun exposure should be minimized throughout the duration of the treatment regimen.
- Starting the morning after treatment, it's recommended wash face with a gentle cleanser followed with a gentle moisturizer (e.g., CeraVe®, Cetaphil®) twice a days for 7-10 days.
- Client can resume their regular skin care regimen 7 days after treatment.
- Makeup can be used after 24-48 hours depending on the skin response.
- Some patients experience dryness and itching of the treatment area up to 4 weeks post treatment. Avoid plucking/rubbing the skin to avoid further complications.
- With any acne treatments, post Inflammatory flare ups typically occur 7 or more days after treatment, and can last up to 3 weeks. It's recommended only use non-comedogenic skin products during skin recovery period.
- Avoid skin irritants (i.e., products containing tretinoin, retinol, benzoyl peroxide, glycolic/salicylic acids, astringents, etc.) for 5-7 days pre and post treatment.
- Avoid treatments that may irritate the skin for 1-2 weeks after treatment (waxing, depilatories, etc.).
Client should contact our office with any concerns, such as blistering, excessive or prolonged redness/swelling, etc.
I hereby authorize Bared Monkey MedSpa Inc. and all its affiliated companies. and the trained, licensed staffs in this practice to perform the laser skin rejuvenation procedure on me. And I clearly understand the following:
1. The potential benefits of the proposed procedure(s).
2. The possible alternative procedure(s).
3. The probability of success of my selected procedure.
4. The goal of Skin Rejuvenation, as in any cosmetic procedure, is improvement, not perfection.
5. There is no guarantee that the expected or anticipated results from the treatments will be achieved.
6. For best results, I have been informed that multiple treatments are needed. More treatments may be needed depending on skin type and photo-aging severity.
7. Hormonal imbalance, pregnancy, menopause, and skin conditions such as rosacea and melasma can affect treatment outcomes.
8. Tanning during the course of my laser treatments is not recommended and can cause a number of complications. My scheduled treatment may be postponed if I am too tan.
I have been given copies of both pre and post care instructions and the pre and post-care instructions have been discussed and are completely clear to me.
I understand that sun exposure, as well as not adhering to the post treatment instructions provided to me may increase the chance of any complications. I have been informed to use a sunblock with an SPF of 30 or higher on the treated area during the course of laser treatments. And It is my responsibility to inform the center of any medical or prescription changes or if my skin is any darker than when I first started treatment.
I acknowledge there are possible complications/risks involved with the proposed procedure and subsequent healing period, including pigmentary changes, scarring and changes to skin texture. I am aware that careful adherence to all advised instructions will help reduce this possibility.
I confirm that I am not pregnant and do not intend to become pregnant anytime during the course of treatment. Furthermore, I agree to keep Bared Monkey MedSpa Inc. and all its affiliated companies and staff informed should I become pregnant during the course of treatment.
I acknowledge photographic documentation may be taken.
I have read and understood all information presented to me, and I have been given an opportunity to ask questions before signing this consent. I acknowledge and accept the risks inherent in the laser skin rejuvenation procedure. I voluntarily assume the risk of possible complications and side effects which may arise from the laser skin rejuvenation Treatment set forth herein; and any of my heirs, executors, representatives or assigns hereby release Bared Monkey MedSpa Inc. and all its affiliated companies from any and all claims, liabilities for personal injury, and property damages of any kind sustained while on the premises, during the treatments set forth herein by any employees or representatives of Bared Monkey MedSpa Inc. and all its affiliated companies.
September 22, 2023