In exchange for The Urban Chalkboard allowing my child (“Child”) to participate in activities (“Activities”) I agree to the following:
1. Voluntary Participation. I understand and confirm that I am voluntarily allowing my Child to participate in the Activities.
2. Identification of Risks. I understand my Child’s participation in the Activities may involve risk of injury and loss, both to person and property. I also understand the risk of injury to my Child may include the possibility of permanent disability and death. I understand this Waiver and Release is intended to address all risks arising out of or relating to my Child’s participation in the Activities, including risks created by actions, inactions, or negligence on the part of The Urban Chalkboard or its members, managers, officers, employees, agents, volunteers, successors, or assigns (collectively, the “Representatives”), and that these risks, may include, but are not limited to, risks created by the following:
The use and condition of The Urban Chalkboard’s premises, facilities, and equipment;
The lack or inadequacy of policies, rules, regulations, or supervision for the Activities;
The failure of The Urban Chalkboard or its Representatives to foresee or to protect me or my Child from actions, inactions, or negligence of any person, or the recklessness, intentional, or criminal misconduct of persons other than those affiliated with The Urban Chalkboard; and
The inadequacy or unavailability of medical facilities or treatment.
3. Assumption of Risk. On behalf of my Child and myself, I assume all risks, known and unknown, foreseeable and unforeseeable, in any way connected with my Child’s participation in the Activities, and I accept personal responsibility for any liability, injury, loss, or damage in any way connected with my Child’s participation in the Activities.
Caregivers proxy on behalf of the parent and assume the same level of responsibility for participating children.
Caregivers are responsible for providing parent contact info (email/phone) and/or forwarding all signed waivers & receipts on parent(s) behalf.
4. Release and Waiver. On behalf of my Child and myself, I release The Urban Chalkboard and its Representatives from any and all liability, and waive any and all claims, for liability, injury, loss, damage, or expense, including attorneys’ fees, in any way connected with my Child’s participation in the Activities, whether or not caused in whole or in part by the negligence or other misconduct of The Urban Chalkboard or its Representatives (a “Claim”).
5. Indemnification. I agree to indemnify and to hold harmless The Urban Chalkboard and its Representatives from any Claim or expense, including attorneys’ fees (including the cost of defending any Claim I might make, or that might be made on my behalf, that is released or waived hereby), in any way connected with a Claim.
6. Binding Effect. This instrument shall be binding upon my Child, relatives, next of kin, personal representatives, heirs, beneficiaries, and assigns, and me, and inure to the benefit of The Urban Chalkboard and its Representatives.
7. Medical Treatment. I authorize The Urban Chalkboard and its Representatives to provide my Child, through medical personnel of their choice, customary medical assistance, transportation, and emergency medical services should my Child require such assistance, transportation, or services due to injury or damage related to the Activities. This does not impose upon The Urban Chalkboard or its Representatives to provide such assistance, transportation, or services.
8. Severability. If any provision of this Waiver and Release is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or unenforceability shall not otherwise affect any other provision of this instrument.
9. Applicable Law. This instrument shall be governed in accordance with the law of the State of Indiana.
10. Use of Likeness. On behalf of myself and my Child, I grant to The Urban Chalkboard an unrestricted, perpetual, irrevocable, non-royalty bearing, and transferable right and license to use, transmit, distribute, display, and otherwise utilize my Child’s image and/or likeness, as captured, photographed, or otherwise memorialized in connection with the Activities, in any medium or format, for any purpose whatsoever. To opt-out of photos inform the front desk when checking in to the cafe.
11. No Outside Food or Drinks. Snacks & drinks are available for purchase. We also offer a full-service cafe with your favorite coffee, tea & espresso drinks. The Urban Chalkboard reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone not adhereing to this policy.
12. Weapons. We respectfully request that customers not carry weapons into our cafe, studio or outdoor seating area unless they are authorized law enforcement personnel.
13. Socks-Only. Adults & Children must remove shoes & wear socks upon entering. Socks or cafe-issued shoe covers are required.Shoe covers will be provided to guests unable to remove shoes due to a special circumstance. Forgot socks? Purchase a pair for $2.