PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY
I acknowledge and understand that recreational boating may involve physical risk. I understand that sailing takes place on the water where conditions are variable and unpredictable and can change without notice affecting the safety of boating and possibly resulting in serious personal injury, death or damages to property.
These risks and dangers may be caused by the negligence of other boaters, the negligence of the owner or employees of Venture BC, accidents, forces of nature, or other causes.
I hereby assume all risk and dangers involved with the recreational boating. By signing this waiver I acknowledge having read, understood and voluntarily give up the right to sue Venture BC for any injury or damages, howsoever caused. I further acknowledge no oral statements or inducements have been made by any of the releasees in respect of my participation or in respect of signing this form. I further agree that the release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by law and that if any portion of it is held to be invalid, the remainder of it shall nevertheless be effective and binding on me. I understand I am giving up essential rights by signing this form.
I agree to wear a personal flotation device at all times and exercise caution at all times while on board any Venture BC excursion.
I have read and understand this release of liability. This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Province of British Columbia.
During the Covid-19 pandemic we ask for everyone's cooperation in helping Venture BC run successful and safe courses and sails. According to the provincial health authority, the risk of transmission in an outdoor environment in general is extremely low. However we still want to minimise all risk onboard. It is important that everyone is following the guidelines laid out by our provincial health authority in their day to day lives, and is prepared to follow the additional rules that Venture BC has put in place to mitigate risk for our students and instructors in our unique environment.
Before joining any course or sailings with us, all students are required to read and sign this addendum to our normal waiver, agreeing to some basic conditions of participation.
1. I am aware the COVID-19 symptoms and am not currently experiencing any of the symptoms including fever, new cough, headache, weakness, difficulty breathing, etc.
2. I have not traveled outside of British Columbia or made close contact with anyone who has in the last 14 days.
3. I have not made close contact with anyone with a respiratory illness or a confirmed or probable case of Covid-19.
4. I agree to wear a mask when appropriate physical distancing can not be maintained.
5. I do not have a compromised immune system or any underlying health conditions that would put me at greater risk from severe respiratory infection.