Smokin’ Barrel Guns Inc.
RELEASE, WAIVER, INDEMNIFICATION, HOLD HARMLESS, AND ASSUMPTION OF THE RISK AGREEMENT
WHEREAS, in consideration of the use of premises, and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, the Undersigned agrees to the following:
The Undersigned acknowledges that all firearms in their possession being transported to and from the premises must be unloaded and kept in a locked container.
The Undersigned thereby acknowledges and agrees to have voluntarily applied to use the shooting range and Facilities operated by Smokin’ Barrel Guns Inc. It is understood and acknowledged that the use of a shooting range in which others, as well as the Undersigned, are engaged in shooting activities inherent extreme hazards, dangers, and risks. The Undersigned represents that he/she is fully competent to participate in training and shooting activities and that he/she freely, knowingly, and voluntarily assumes the risks of participating in such activities, including the risks of property damage, bodily harm, and death.
The Undersigned acknowledges, understands, and will follow the posted and printed Range Safety Rules. The Undersigned further acknowledges and fully understands that failure to follow the posted and printed rules will result in immediate expulsion from the range.
The Undersigned affirms that he/she has refrained from being under the influence of alcoholic beverages or drugs while on property owned and/or controlled by Smokin’ Barrel Guns Inc. Further, the Undersigned affirms that he/she understands the consumption of drugs or alcoholic beverages is expressly prohibited on Smokin’ Barrel Guns Inc. property, and that any person(s) who, strictly by our observations, appear to be under the influence of alcohol or illicit drug or emotionally unstable, shall be denied access to any part of the Facility.
The Undersigned acknowledges that he/she can legally possess or rent a firearm and that he/she has no criminal or mental background that restrict the Undersigned from such possession under penalty of law and perjury.
The Undersigned acknowledges that certain ammunition is restricted on this range and that he/she may not use armor piercing, incendiary, or tracer, and that if such is used, any damages resulting from such use may be billed directly to the Undersigned.
The Undersigned acknowledges that he/she is financially responsible and liable for any damage caused to building floors, walls, ceiling, or to range equipment, including but not limited to the carrier, range booth, sound proofing and glass.
In addition, the Undersigned does for himself/herself, and on behalf of his/her heirs, executors, administrators, partners, agents, brokers, insurers, and assigns, hereby release, acquit, indemnify, and hold harmless Smokin’ Barrel Guns Inc., and its officers, directors, owners, partners, agents, brokers, employees, insurers, assigns, and all other related person, entities, affiliates, predecessors, and successors, from any and all claims, actions in law or equity causes of actions, demands, rights, damages, costs, loss of services, expenses, and compensation whatsoever arising from any damage to property, injury to person, or death, (whether predicated upon negligence or otherwise) in connection with the use of Smokin’ Barrel Guns facilities or participation in any activities therein.
I have no intentions to harm myself or others. I agree to not use facility or equipment to harm myself, others, or property not designed and intended for target shooting. Any violation of this provision by me is a material breach of this agreement and I agree to pay Smokin’ Barrel Guns Inc., and it’s patrons for any and all damage incurred as a result of the violation, including but not limited to property loss and damage, medical bills, psychological counseling, pain and suffering, and loss of business. The Undersigned further, takes full legal and financial responsibility for any damage or harm to themselves, other individuals, rental equipment or other range equipment that is a result of the actions of the Undersigned, and received party, and/or any other individual on the premises.
Date: December 1, 2023
Range Safety Rules
1. Everyone who is using the range, regardless of experience, must first go through the range safety orientation and complete all required paperwork. No exceptions.
2. The use of alcohol and drugs before or during shooting is prohibited. Anyone suspected of being under the influence of any form of drug or alcohol will not be admitted to the facility.
3. No food, drink, chewing gum or tobacco products are allowed on the range.
4. Eye and ear protection MUST be put on before entering the range and must remain on during the entire use of the range.
5. All firearms must be unloaded, cased and locked while going to and from the range. For safety reasons loaded firearms are prohibited in all other areas of the facility. These areas include all classrooms, showroom, as well as the simulator room.
6. Shooters must remain behind the firing line at all times during open shooting hours.
7. Firearms and ammunition used on the range may be subject to inspection at any time.
8. Firearms may be un-cased or un-holstered within the confines of the shooting booth ONLY. All firearm handling is restricted to the confines of the shooting booth. Never handle firearms outside the shooting booth area.
9. Always keep firearms pointed in a safe direction while on the range. This means downrange.
10. Always keep your finger off the trigger until your firearm is pointed at the target and you are ready to shoot.
11. All targets must be placed at eye level to ensure the rounds go directly into the backstop. Be mindful of range damage, bullets do continue on a path beyond the paper and cardboard targets you are shooting at.
12. Only aimed fire is allowed on the range. This means firearms must be sighted at eye level. Shooting from the hip is specifically prohibited.
13. Firearms may only be tabled unloaded with the actions open and muzzle pointed downrange. For revolvers this means cylinder open and visible, muzzle pointing downrange. For semi-automatics this means slide locked to the rear, magazine removed, ejection port facing up and muzzle pointing downrange. The only exception is during a cease-fire.
14. If you have brought more than one firearm, use only one at a time. When finished with one, lock the cleared firearm and ammunition in the case before moving on to use the next one.
15. Rapid fire requires approval from the Range Master, Assistant Range Master or RSO.
16. Only use the correct ammunition designated for your firearm. Armor piercing/steel core and tracer ammunition is specifically prohibited. Smokin’ Barrel Guns staff understands the difference between steel jacketed and steel core. As a user of our facility you are expected to have the same understanding.
17. Shotguns may only be used with slugs.
18. Full automatics, while not allowed without restrictions during normal open shooting hours, may be used during scheduled or arranged times with staff supervision.
19. The following procedures must be followed for any firearm or ammunition problems that occur and cannot be resolved in a safe manner by the shooter: - Remain in the shooting booth. - Keep the firearm pointed downrange. - Raise your non-shooting hand to signal a Range Safety Officer that you are in need of assistance.
20. If you observe an unsafe condition, report it to a Range Safety Officer immediately.
21. Upon the command of “CEASE FIRE“ stop shooting immediately and engage the safety. Place your firearm on the table or ground pointing downrange and back away from the shooting booth. Do not under any circumstances re-approach the firing line or touch your firearm until the command of “ALL CLEAR“ is given.
22. All range commands given by Range Safety Officers must be obeyed immediately and without question. Range commands are non-negotiable.
23. Shooters may collect their personal shot brass within the confines of the shooting booth once they have cleared and locked their firearm in their case. Shooters must remain behind the firing line at all times.
24. RSO’s must approve all targets used on the range. Targets deemed inappropriate by RSO are prohibited. Acceptable targets are available for purchase in our store.
25. Wash your hands and face after leaving the range.
26. Be kind to your fellow shooters. Act responsible at all times. Foul language, horseplay or any other unsafe activity will not be tolerated. Shooters may be held financially responsible for range damage caused by improper or negligent use of a firearm.
27. No open toed shoes or sandals.
28. Minors under the age of 10 are NOT permitted in the range. Minors between the ages of 10 and 17 in the range must be attended by a parent/guardian at all times and signed for under the parent/guardian's waiver agreement.
I have read and understand the Range Safety Rules for Smokin’ Barrel Guns
Date: December 1, 2023