(Please read completely before signing and ask questions if there is anything you do not understand.)
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in Campbellford Paddle ("Campbellford Paddle") lessons, rentals, related events and activities, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates and agrees on their behalf and the behalf of anyone they allow to use any rented equipment that:
1. The risk of injury from the activities involved in this program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and
2. Stand up paddleboards, kayaks, canoes, pedalboats, leashes, paddles, all equipment used in watersports and the natural surroundings, including water, docks, rocks, and shoreline areas are potentially hazardous objects; and lake and river conditions can change quickly, the water may decrease in temperature rapidly, wave height may increase or decrease, visibility in the water may fluctuate, current may be strong, or depth of water will change, under, above and floating water obstacles such as rocks or debris may be present and I respect the lake and river’s power; and
3. An SAE approved Personal Floatation Device, whistle, SUP leash, or other legally required safety gear, were provided and I acknowledge that Campbellford Paddle has encouraged me to use them appropriately at all times while on the water; and I will not approach any obstacle or object, including but not limited to boat wakes, shorelines, shallow water, rocks, or docks, in an unsafe manor such as remaining in a standing position on a SUP; and
4. Stand up paddling, kayaking, canoeing, pedalboating, and swimming can be strenuous physical activities involving varying depths of water; and I am in average to above average physical condition; and my swimming ability is adequate to engage safely in watersports; and
5. I have no preexisting medical or other condition that would affect the safe participation in these activities; or I have consulted my physician as to the advisability of participating in these activities; and I will inform Campbellford Paddle of any changes in my health or physical condition prior to any lesson or rental; and
6. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation; and
7. I understand I am responsible for all damage or loss to the board and equipment including major dings or breakage and I hereby authorize Campbellford Paddle to process the credit card security authorization provided in full payment against rental charges and/or damages and/or failure to return items incurred in association with the rental and use of paddle boards, other water craft such as canoes or kayaks, and equipment.
8. I understand that prepayment is required in full for reservation of any rental. Prepayment information is available on our website campbellfordpaddle.ca. Prepayment is also required for entitlement to before hour and after hour pickup or return of items. After hour return will also only be available if items are being returned on the return date completed in this agreement and all outstanding fees have been paid.
8.I knowingly and freely assume all such risks, both known and unknown, and hereby release and hold harmless Heather Zak, Mark Malcolm, and Campbellford Paddle, their officers, officials, volunteers, agents and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the activities (“Releases”), with respect to any and all injury, disability, death, or loss or damage to person or property, whether caused by the negligence of the releasees or otherwise.
9. This Agreement shall remain in effect for all future lessons, clinics, demos, or rentals from Campbellford Paddle.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
Date: December 13, 2018 .