(Please read completely before signing and ask questions if there is anything you do not understand. In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in Peterborough Stand Up Paddle ("Ptboro SUP") lessons, rentals, related events and activities, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates and agrees that:
- Stand up paddleboards, leashes, paddles, all equipment used in the sport and the natural surroundings, including water, docks, rocks, and shoreline areas are potentially hazardous objects; and lake and river conditions can change quickly, the water may decrease in temperature rapidly, wave height may increase or decrease, visibility in the water may fluctuate, current may be strong, or depth of water will change, under and above water obstacles such as rocks may be present and I respect the lake and river’s power.
- An SAE approved Personal Floatation Device and SUP leash were provided and I acknowledge that Ptboro SUP has encouraged me to wear them at all times while paddling; and I will not approach any obstacle or object, including but not limited to boat wakes, shorelines, shallow water, rocks, or docks, in an unsafe manor such as remaining in a standing position.
- The risk of injury from the activities involved in this program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment and discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of injury does exist.
- I have no preexisting medical or other condition that would affect the safe participation in these activities; or I have consulted my physician as to the advisability of participating in these activities; and I will inform Ptboro SUP of any changes in my health or physical condition prior to any lesson or rental; and
- I knowingly and freely assume all such risks, both known and unknown, even if arising from the negligence of the releasees or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and
- I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest PtboSUP staff immediately; and
- I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, hereby release and hold harmless Kelly Zak and PtboSUP, their officers, officials, volunteers, agents and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the activities (“Releases”), with respect to any and all injury, disability, death, or loss or damage to person or property, whether caused by the negligence of the releasees or otherwise.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
Date: July 18, 2018