In consideration for being allowed to rent a BOAT for the purpose of recreational enjoyment, I the undersigned Lessee:
- Accept this property for my use “as is,” and assume full responsibility for my use of it. I also agree to return this property by the specified time or to pay for overtime at the posted rate. I further agree to be liable for the retail cost of repair or replacement should I not return it in “as is” condition.
- Confirm that I have been advised as to the general qualifications for using this equipment properly and that I am so qualified. I further confirm that I will not use the equipment for other than the intended purpose nor allow anyone else to use it for any purpose.
- Understand and agree to abide by all posted or otherwise written terms and conditions for use of this equipment.
- Acknowledge, appreciate, and agree that there are risks of injury from boating activities, which injury could be serious, even fatal, and I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, including but not limited to unknown water currents and water depths, unknown obstructions both known and unknown above and below the water surface, water temperatures, and weather, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE LESSOR.
- For myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE, HOLD HARMLESS, AND INDEMNIFY THE TOWN OF AMHERST AND THE AMHERST PARKS AND RECREATION DEPARTMENT, their officers, agents, and/or employees, WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE LESSOR OR OTHERWISE.
- HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT INDUCEMENT.
DATE: June 1, 2023