I understand that safe practices for skin and scuba diving include but are not limited to the following:
1. I should never skin or scuba dive while under the influence of alcohol or drugs and I must be in good physical condition and mental health.
2. I should never dive alone (unless certified to do so) or with a person I have not thoroughly discussed the dive plan with and each of us have reviewed one another’s diving equipment and emergency procedures before the dive.
3. I should always dive with a buoyancy control device that has a power inflation system, a depth gauge, a submersible pressure gauge and a timing device and/or computer.
4. I should adjust weights to maintain neutral buoyancy with no air in my buoyancy control device on the surface of the water and be familiar with the quick-release mechanisms for both myself and my dive buddy.
5. I should never dive in conditions I do not feel comfortable in or exceed my physical ability.
6. I should surface with at least 500PSI in my tank and never stay underwater until my air supply is exhausted.
7. a) I should make all dives “no decompression dives”, and be proficient with the use of a dive table and or computer.
OR TECHNICAL DIVERS ONLY
7. b) I hereby affirm and acknowledge that I have been fully informed of the unique and inherent hazards of Technical Scuba diving activities. I fully understand that Technical Scuba diving with compressed air, Oxygen or multiple mixed gasses involves certain risks including, but not limited to decompression sickness, embolism, oxygen toxicity, gas narcosis, barotraumas, and hyperbaric injuries that can lead to serious permanent injury and even loss of life. I understand that diving operations may be conducted at a site that is remote from a recompression chamber and competent medical assistance. I choose to proceed even in the absence of a recompression chamber and competent medical assistance. Despite the potential and unique hazards and dangers associated with the activity of Technical Scuba Diving, I wish to proceed and freely accept and expressly assume all risk, dangers and hazards that may arise from Technical diving activities which could result in personal injury, loss of life and property damage to me.
TECHNICAL DIVERS ONLY
8. I understand that upon anchoring at each dive site the Captain or the Divemaster will describe the location, depth, possible current, known drop off or special points of concern, etc. I know I should be aware of the known features of the dive site, and if they are not clear to me, am responsible to having my questions answered prior to entering the water.
9. I understand that the Captain will make the final selection of the dive locations, based upon the weather and water conditions, and I will abide by his decision. Despite his selection of the dive location, I understand that there are risks in the sport of skin and scuba diving that cannot be eliminated.
10. I understand that there are also risks associated with dive travel, including but not limited to the possible injury or loss of life as a result of a dive boat accident.
11. I understand that care must be exercised at all times when entering or exiting the boat while boarding, scuba diving, or snorkeling/swimming.
12. I understand that Sea Dragon Charters, and all their representatives, may record photos and/video during my trip. I hereby give Sea Dragon Charters the unrestricted right to publish any photos or video of myself for advertising or editorial purposes, in print or digital format.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY
I WILL RELEASE Sea Dragon Charters Inc., Dive Boats TOP LINE and SEA DRAGON, its owners, and their employees and agents, including the boat Captain, and Divemaster(s), from any and all responsibility and LIABILITY for any and all injuries or damages sustained by me or others. I WIL NOT SUE or make a claim against any of the above parties for injuries or damages sustained by me or others, whether it arises or results from any NEGLIGENCE or other liability.
I am fully aware that diving with compressed air involves certain risks and that INJURIES OR DEATH CAN OCCUR. I further agree that if I am involved in an underwater accident that the Captain or Divemaster may require that I be evacuated to a hyperbaric chamber and that I may not be easily accessible. Nonetheless, I agree to proceed with this trip.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE AGREEMENT, I UNDERSTAND IT, AND I WILL BE BOUND BY THE ABOVE RISK AND LIABILITY AND DIVE TRIP ASSUMPTION. SIGNED WAIVERS ARE VALID FOR ALL DIVE EXCURSIONS FOR ONE YEAR FROM THE DATE OF SIGNING,