Welcome to Empower Tools
Empower Tools is a partnership between The Kenton County Library and The Center for Great Neighborhoods to loan tools and provide resources to members of our community. We are located at 321 W. MLK Blvd, Suite 5, Covington, KY. We are open on Monday 4pm-7pm, Wednesday 4pm-7pm, and Friday, Noon-6pm. Follow us on Facebook for updates: http://www.facebook.com/covingtonempowertools
Borrower’s Agreement & Tool Use Policy
1. Borrower must be age 18 or over to borrow tools from Empower Tools.
2. Prior to borrowing tools, all borrowers must (a) have a valid Kenton County Library Card with an account in good standing; (b) a valid ID; (c) read and sign the Waiver and Release Form; and, (d) read and sign this Borrower’s Agreement & Tool Use Policy form, and (e) work with Empower Tools staff to verify your name, card number, email address, phone number, and street address.
3. A maximum of 3 items may be borrowed at one time. Maximums are set due to the limited quantity available and to minimize risk of items not being returned. Empower Tools reserves the right to make exceptions for smaller cost items.
4. Tools are loaned for 7 days. They cannot be renewed online or over the phone.
5. Empower Tools staff may be available to assist in explaining operation of tools. However, by taking possession of any item, the borrower is certifying that he or she is capable of using that item in a safe and reasonable manner.
6. Only the borrower (who signed the waiver) is authorized to use tools borrowed from Empower Tools. The borrower shall not permit the use of items checked out to him or her by any other person.
7. All tools borrowed are to be returned to Empower Tools by close of business on the due date. Tools may only be returned during Empower Tool’s open hours. An Item is returned when it is delivered to and checked in by Empower Tools or a Library staff member. In the event that an item cannot be returned to Empower Tools without incurring a fine, that item may be returned to the Covington Branch of the Kenton County Public Library during any of the library’s business hours. Tools cannot be accepted at the drive up window. Library staff will note the item’s return date and will deliver the items to Empower Tools. Empower Tools staff will inspect the items for cleanliness and damage upon delivery from the Library.
8. If a tool is returned late, the borrower will be responsible for a late fee. This late fee will be $5 per day for every day until the tool is returned. Late fees are capped at $25.00. Items will be considered lost and account billed for full replacement cost if not returned within 50 days of the item being due. Empower Tools reserves the right to manually set items to lost after a tool has been overdue for 14 days. Fines must be paid in full by borrower before borrowing additional items.
9. Empower Tools will attempt to notify borrowers about overdue items. Empower Tools reserves the right to use appropriate steps to retrieve delinquent tools or unpaid fines and fees, including the use of a collection agency and/or legal action and assess the delinquent borrower with the cost of any such action.
10. Due to the high demand of our tools, they will be available on a first come, first served basis only and cannot be reserved.
11. The Borrower agrees that Empower Tools is not responsible for any manufacturing defects in quality of workmanship or materials inherent in any borrowed tools.
12. The Borrower agrees that if any borrowed tool becomes unsafe or in a state of disrepair, he or she must immediately discontinue use of the tool and notify Empower Tools of the issue on return, if not earlier.
13. All tools are to be returned in the same (or better) condition as they were issued, barring normal wear and tear. All tools must be returned clean. The Borrower agrees to pay for the loss of or damage to any item and further agrees to accept Empower Tools assessment of condition of items and to further agree to Empower Tools assessment of fair restitution for damage, dirtiness, delinquency, and/or loss of items in part or in total. This restitution amount could equal the full replacement cost of the item.
14. Empower Tools reserves the right to refuse the loan of any item at its discretion.
I state that I have read and fully understand the rules and regulations of Empower Tools, and I understand that failure to comply with any of these rules may result in revocation of my borrowing privileges and/or legal action against me. I have read and signed a Waiver and Release form, relinquishing any and all claims against Empower Tools, The Kenton County Public Library, The Center for Great Neighborhoods, and Wolf Tree Farms and the officers, agents and employees of all the aforementioned entities.
Please check the box and add your signature to the space provided:
I have read and agree to abide by Empower Tool’s Borrowers Agreement & Tool Use Policy.
I read and understood the part that said all tool rentals are loaned for 7 calendar days.
I especially read and understood that tools must be returned clean.
Dated: September 16, 2021