The participant (or supervising parent/guardian) should read the following carefully and initial where indicated. The document should then be signed by the participant (or supervising parent/guardian) in the signature box.
Boulder Shack Induction Video
You must have watched the Boulder Shack Induction Video and be confident that you understand the risks involved in participating in indoor bouldering
Risks & Rules
- Indoor bouldering carries a danger of personal injury or death. I am aware of and accept these risks and I understand that I am responsible for my own actions and involvement.
- Boulder Shack is an artificial climbing environment but the risks are no less severe than when climbing outdoors. There is an additional risk that holds can spin or break.
- The soft matting under the walls does not guarantee your safety. Any fall may result in an injury to the participant or others. We strongly recommend you descend by climbing down carefully.
- Climbing beyond your capabilities is likely to result in a fall so you must make your own assessment of the risk whenever you climb.
- Report to reception on each visit before you climb
- Do not sit, stand or boulder under other people
- Do not grab or climb over the top of the wall except on the top out boulder where the top of the wall is painted green
- Do not grab, lean on or in any way intentionally touch the roofing structure
- Keep bags and personal items in the lockers or shelves, NOT on the mats, floors or walkways
- Water bottles are not allowed on the mats at any time
- Avoid uncontrolled falls. Do not jump from the walls
- Do not wear jewellery, particularly rings, when bouldering, these can catch and cause injury
- No running anywhere in the centre
- Report any safety concerns to a member of staff without delay
Initial here to show that you have watched the safety induction video and read, understood and accept the above Risks & Rules of bouldering at Boulder Shack.
Conditions of Use
Duty of Care - The rules of use (above) are not intended to limit your enjoyment of the facilities. They are part of the duty of care that we, as operators, owe to you, the customer, by law. As such they are not negotiable and if you are not prepared to abide by them then the staff must politely ask you to leave. You also have a duty of care to act responsibly towards the other users of the centre.
Medical Conditions - If the participant has any sort of medical condition or pre-existing injury this may make it more likely that the participant is injured while bouldering. Please consult your doctor for advice about the extra risk involved.
Unsupervised Climbing - Unless you are booked on to an instructed group your climbing session will not be supervised by Boulder Shack staff. You should be familiar with the Risks & Rules of Use. These are described in the online safety video and you should ask a member of staff if they are not clear to you. Staff will provide whatever help and advice they can, but instruction in the use of equipment or climbing techniques will only be provided where it has been booked and paid for in advance. If you are not confident in the use of any climbing equipment or technique then do not attempt to use it without the supervision of someone who is competent to do so.
Supervised Climbing - An adult aged 18 or over who has registered to climb may supervise in accordance with the Safe Supervision guidelines and must take full responsibility for the safety of the climbers' they are supervising. Each supervisor (whether climbing themselves or not) may supervise two 6-17 year olds. 4-6 year olds must always have 1 to 1 supervision, with no exceptions. Groups of three or more supervised climbers of any age must only be supervised by an instructor holding the relevant qualification and insurance.
Your Data- By participating at Boulder Shack Climbing Gym you accept that we will be keeping your data indefinitely, however at anytime you can ask for your data to be deleted. In the event of a First Aid form needing to be filled out we will be keep this information for 3 years (form your 18th birthday). We take protecting your data seriously, all of the data that we gather is kept in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
Initial here to show you have read and understood the Conditions of Use of Boulder Shack
Dated: September 18, 2020