Each Renter please read this agreement carefully and sign on the space provided.
In consideration of Sun Valley Trekking LLC, renting to the attached list of “Renters” one of Sun Valley Trekking's 6 Mountain Huts for the specified dates, the Renters agree to accept and comply with the following terms and conditions:
- The Renters agree to pay the usual rental fee ($50/night/person or $400/night/hut minimum, whichever is the larger sum) for the use of the hut and its facilities.
- The Renters agree to pay Sun Valley Trekking Company for any loss or damage to the hut or any of the equipment in or about the hut, reasonable wear and tear accepted, caused by or arising out of the incorrect use of the hut or any hut equipment by the Renters. The Renter understands that they have the option to hire a Guide to instruct them on the proper use of the hut, it's equipment and the facilities and by refusing the Guide option take full responsibility for incorrect use of the facilities. Please read the Care Instructions in the Hut Renter Information binder at the hut and follow the Hut Departure Check-Out List upon hut departure.
- The Renter understands that they have the option to hire a Guide to lead them to the hut and to instruct the renter in proper use of the facilities. Any Renter who chooses not to hire a Sun Valley Trekking guide or the guide of an approved and licensed Outfitter associate, acknowledges and agrees that the Company is not providing the Renter with any guiding, instruction, outfitting or other professional services of any kind or nature, but, instead, is strictly renting to the Renter the temporary use of the hut and its equipment. YOU ARE NOT INSURED UNDER SUN VALLEY TREKKING POLICY. The renter takes full responsibility for renter's actions and any results of those actions and releases Sun Valley Trekking of liability for such actions.
- BACKCOUNTRY SKIING, HIKING, TREKKING, MOUNTAIN BIKING, SNOWSHOEING ARE HAZARDOUS ACTIVITIES. The Renter, who does not tour with a hired Sun Valley Trekking guide or guide of an Outfitter associate, understands and agrees that he or she is competent in backcountry travel skills and safety, knows and voluntarily assumes any and all risks of traveling in the backcountry. This includes traveling to and from the hut and anywhere in the vicinity of or around or about the hut during the time the Renter is renting the hut.
- The Renter assumes full responsibility and liability for the conduct and safety of any minor supervised or brought to the hut by the Renter.
- The Renter hereby releases and forever discharges the Company, its successors, assigns, officers, employees and agents from all future claims, rights, causes of action or liability of any kind whatsoever arising out of or accruing from personal injuries or property losses which may be sustained by the Renter during the period of his or her rental of the hut from the Company. It is provided, however, that any personal injury or property damages sustained by the Renter as a direct result of negligence by the Company in the maintenance or repair of the hut or the hut equipment is specifically excluded from the provisions of the Release
- The Renter agrees to pay all costs and attorney fees arising from any lawsuit or other legal proceeding brought by the renter contrary to the terms of the Agreement and Release, which is resolved or determined in favor of the Company.
- The Renter is responsible for following the Hut Departure Checklist as posted at the hut and in the Hut Rental Binder which includes packing out all garbage and food as well as cleaning and preparing the hut for the next users.
- The Renter agrees to not have a dog at the hut at any time and will pay a penalty for bringing a dog of $100/day -Winter Use Only/dogs allowed at the summer huts.
- The Renter agrees to not have any outdoor fires at the hut and will pay a $300 penalty for having outdoor fires at the hut.-Winter Use Only/outdoor fires allowed at the summer huts in fire pit.
SIGNATURE MEANS THAT THE RENTER HAS READ, UNDERSTANDS AND ACCEPTS THE TERMS OF THE SUN VALLEY TREKKING COMPANY HUT RENTAL AGREEMENT AND RELEASE
Date: November 13, 2019