1. I the undersigned hereby acknowledge that aerial, acrobatic & fitness classes and all other activities offered by The Rising have an element of risk. These risks may lead to minor or serious injuries and may result from one’s actions, or the actions or inactions of others or equipment failure. These programs contain known and unanticipated risks that cannot be eliminated completely without removing the basic qualities of the activities. My child or I am voluntarily participating in these activities with knowledge of the danger involved and hereby agree to assume full responsibility, including legal and financial responsibility for, and to accept, any and all risks of property damage or loss and bodily injury, including but not limited to injuries resulting from landing, falling, cuts and abrasions, injuries to bones, joints, ligaments, or tendons, head injuries, paralysis or loss of life.
2. I hereby warrant that the participant(s) that I am registering are physically fit to participate and understand that the choice to participate brings with it the assumption of those risks and results which are inherent of these activities. I agree to hold The Rising, its officers, employees, teachers, coaches, guest coaches, volunteers and staff harmless from all liability which may arise in connection with my or my child’s participation in any of The Rising’s programs. The terms hereof serve as a release.
3. The Rising shall not be liable for any injury to my person and/or loss or damage to my personal property arising from, or in any way resulting from, my participation in these activities even if injuries occur in a manner that is non foreseeable at the time I sign this agreement. I hereby forever release and discharge The Rising and its predecessors, officers, directors, employees, successors, insurers, representatives and all affiliates from all litigation, actions, claims and demand of every kind that my assign, successors, heirs, spouse, administrators, guardians, insurers and legal representative have now or may hereafter have for injury or damage resulting from my or my child’s participation in The Rising’s programs.
4. I acknowledge that if anyone is hurt or property is damaged during my or my child’s participation in this activity, I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against The Rising on the basis of any claim from which I have released herein.
5. I acknowledge that the activities may require an instructor, coach, employee or supervisor to perform manual spotting which involves direct physical contact with me/my child and designed to assist the participant in the safe performance of the program skills, and I consent to same.
1. If you are an instructor of aerial arts or plan to become one in the future, The Rising-Victoria Centre for Circus Arts recreational level classes are not to be used as lesson plans for your own classes. All photos and video acquired in The Rising's classes are not to be used for your personal business and/or employment. If you would like to further your training as an aerial arts teacher, advanced level classes or mentorship opportunities may be discussed with The Rising-Victoria Centre for Circus Arts. Failure to comply will result in termination of class registration without refund.
2. The use of student's personal cell phones, camera, or video equipment while on the studio floor is prohibited. Excluding open training drop ins, workshops, private lessons. For regular classes, we will have designated picture taking days for students and parents.
3. No gum, food, or drink allowed on gym floor. Only water bottles allowed during classtime.
4. No profane or abusive language allowed in the space. No bullying. Failure to comply may result in permanent removal from class without refund
5. CLOTHING: Students must wear fitted, athletic wear that they can move freely in
No baggy clothing that could get caught on apparatus or obstruct your vision
Stomachs and backs of knees covered ( shorts are discouraged for aerial classes )
6. No jewelry of any kind. You may be asked to tape over piercings that cannot be removed
7. No zippers or metal fasteners on clothing
8. Long hair tied back
REFUNDS / MAKE UP CLASSES / CLASS CANCELLATIONS
1. Once class session begins registration is final with no refunds.
2. If you wish to cancel before class session begins: - Up to 3 days from class start date a full refund will be granted
- Less than 3 full days notice from class start date a 50% refund will be granted
3. If you are injured with a Doctor’s note, we will provide a refund for the remaining classes.
4. Any other exceptions to the refund policy will be for a transferable credit on file and will be approved or declined on a case by case basis.
5. CHILD / TEEN MAKE UP CLASSES- you may be able to schedule a makeup class for your child/teen if there is a comparable class that session that has empty spots. Some teens may be able to use the open training drop ins to make up class but must discuss it with the office in advance. Missed class must be reported to office via phone or email before class is missed and make up class must be made up during same session as missed class. Make up classes are not guaranteed. Please speak with the office in advance to inquire and arrange
ADULT MAKE UP CLASSES: Must be reported via email or phone in advance of missed class. Class must be made up in same session Option 1- open training drop in, if space available Option 2- stretch or strength class, if space availale Option 3- comparable class if available ( must be discussed with office prior)
6. The Rising reserves the right to cancel classes due to weather, insufficient registraiton, or other rare circumstances. We will notify via email and /or phone, text when possible, and Facebook Page. Cancelled classes will be credited back to your account or a make up class option will be offered.
I have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document. I declare having read and understood it and agree to be bound by its terms. I consent to participate acknowledging all the foregoing. If I am registering a minor, I certify that I am the parent/guardian for that minor, and agree to the above on their behalf.
February 21, 2020