For the purposes of this document, the terms "Client," "Owner," "Pet Owner," and "Customer" are synonymous with the person contracting services for one or more domestic animals. BeLoved Pet Sitting LLC will now be referred to as "BELOVED" or "Sitter." Domesticated animals will be referred to as "Pet" or "Pet(s)."
Veterinary Release Agreement
In the event that any of my Pets appears to be ill, injured, or at significant risk of experiencing a medical problem at the start of service or while in the care of BELOVED, I give permission to BELOVED to seek veterinary service from a veterinarian or a veterinary clinic at my expense. My preferred Vet is listed in the portal, but other veterinarians or emergency care clinics chosen by the Pet Sitter are acceptable. I understand that all efforts will be made to first contact me regarding any treatments, illness, injury, or potential problems as soon as the condition is deemed not life threatening and/or contact is possible.
I understand that BELOVED care providers work hard to prevent accidents and injuries, and that such problems may occur no matter how well a pet is cared for. I agree to allow BELOVED care providers to use their best judgment in handling these situations, and I understand that BELOVED and its staff assume no responsibility for the actions and decisions of the veterinary staff, the health, or death of my pet(s).
I agree that BELOVED shall not assume any responsibility for the payment for any of veterinary services rendered, which may include but are not limited to diagnosis, treatment, grooming, medical supplies and/or boarding. I also agree that I shall assume full responsibility for any such services and that I will reimburse BELOVED for any payments for services made on my behalf. I understand that BELOVED may not always have the funds available to pay for emergency services on my behalf and so I agree to leave my credit card on file with the veterinarian of my choice. I further agree to assume full responsibility for all special service fees assessed by BELOVED for emergency transportation, care, supervision, or hiring of emergency caregivers, and I will pay such fees within 48 hours of any such incident.
I authorize my primary veterinary care provider to release the medical records of any or all of my animals to other veterinary care providers and to BELOVED in an emergency as necessary to provide the best care for my ill or injured animal. I also acknowledge that I am the rightful owner of the pets mentioned in this contract. This release agreement shall remain in full force and effect from the date below and for all visits thereafter from BELOVED. I agree that no additional authorization shall be required of BELOVED to secure the services set herein while my pet is in the care of BELOVED. By signing this contract, I am representing to BELOVED that I have the sole authority to make health, medical and financial decisions regarding the Pets I have delivered to BELOVEDs care.
Contract for Services
1. Service Request: All service requests must be put into the Pet Portal no later than Saturdays at 5pm of the weekend preceding your needed service dates. No services will be rendered if they have not first been requested and then confirmed by BELOVED in the Pet Portal. Services must be requested by rightful Owner of Pet(s). A Service Confirmation Email must be received by Owner from BELOVED after submitting a request for service, for there to be a legal agreement for services to be rendered. No services are legally binding until the confirmation email from BELOVED, accepting your request, is received. Pet Sitters do not have the authority from BELOVED to accept your request for service by word of mouth or through any other platform except through the Pet Portal.
CANCELLATION & RUSH RATE SERVICE & HOLIDAY FEES AGREEMENT
Cancellations may be made via phone call to the office at 619-781-7676 or by canceling directly online in your portal account. If you only send cancellation messages to your pet sitter the office will not know, and you will be charged, so please go through the appropriate means mentioned. You can see your signed version of this document at https://www.timetopet.com/portal/policy-review
CANCELLATIONS FOR MIDDAY DOG WALKS:
If you cancel your scheduled walk by 5pm the night prior to your dog walk, your full paid balance will rollover as a credit for your next scheduled walk.
If you cancel after 5pm the night prior to your scheduled walk, you will be charged a $10 cancellation fee. If there was a pre-paid balance, the remaining amount minus the $10 cancellation fee will rollover to the next walk. If the invoice was not yet paid, you will have a negative $10 balance on your account that will need to be paid before your next scheduled walk.
This rollover option is not applicable to Vacation Pet Sitting Visits or any other visits and is only available to our dog walking clients who schedule the services called “Dog Walk”.
Any confirmed dog walk reservation overlapping a holiday that is canceled at any time, is charged a cancellation fee of $10.
RUSH RATES FOR MIDDAY DOG WALKS:
All reservations for dog walks are due the Saturday before the upcoming walk is needed. You can make reservations months in advance or set up automatic recurring dog walks to avoid this fee. If you find you need a last minute dog walk added to the schedule after our Saturday deadline, we more than likely can accommodate you. There is a $5 per walk fee for each walk that you need added, to cover the administrative cost of moving our set schedules around.
CANCELLATIONS FOR VACATION VISITS:
Reservations cancelled within 48 hours are subject to a $50 fee. If there was a pre-paid balance, the remaining amount minus the $50 cancellation fee will remain as a credit on your account. If the invoice was not yet paid, you will have a negative $50 balance on your account that will need to be paid before your next scheduled visit. You may also request a refund of the remaining credit.
Any visit canceled after the pet sitter has already arrived at your residence for the visit, is charged at the full rate.
There are no refunds on invoices after we have made the first visit. This includes if you come home early for any reason.
Visits/Walks made on the following holidays incur a $10 Holiday Fee. Holidays include: Christmas Day, Christmas Eve, Columbus Day, Easter, Halloween, Labor Day, New Year's Eve, New Years Day, Presidents Day, Thanksgiving Day, Veterans Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Martin Luther King Jr's Birthday, Cesar Chavez Day, Mother’s Day & Father’s Day
3. Emergency/Force Majeure: BELOVED is not responsible for damage to the home beyond the control of the Pet Sitter. This includes, but is not limited to water leaks, electrical problems, and acts of nature. In these situations, BELOVED will attempt to contact the client and then the emergency contacts before making a subjective decision on dealing with the problem. All repairs deemed an emergency where the home is at serious risk of damage or Pet's life and wellbeing is in jeopardy shall be noticed to client and BELOVED shall, at its sole discretion, take Pet to emergency shelter.
4. Limitations on Liability: BELOVED is not responsible for any damage to property of the client or others unless such damage is caused by the negligent act or willful misconduct of the Pet Sitter or Company. BELOVED is not responsible for damage to Owner’s property or any other individual's property done by Pets while they are secured in the area allotted by Owner. Should Owner's Pet escape its allotted and secured area after Pet Sitter has finished their assignment BELOVED shall be held harmless. BELOVED will not be held responsible for injury caused to Pet or damage done by the Pet. Pet Owner is responsible for pet proofing house and yard, and maintain the security of fences/gates/latches. BELOVED will not be responsible for the safety of any Pets and will not be liable for the injury, disappearance, death, or fines of any pet with unsupervised access to the outdoors. BELOVED is not responsible for wilted, dead or otherwise unhealthy plants. BELOVEDs maximum liability will be limited to the value of services provided by BELOVED to Owner.
5. Indemnification: Owner shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless BELOVED, and its employees, contractors, and representatives (collectively, "Indemnitee"), against all liability, claims, costs, damages, and expenses (including reasonable attorney fees) incurred by Indemnitee ("Losses") arising from or related to any suits, actions or claims brought by third parties for injuries arising from owner’s negligence or intentional harm to others.
6. Emergency Veterinary Escort: Pet Owner must have legal rights to place the animals in the care of Pet Sitters and Veterinary Clinics. The Pet Sitter cannot service a home with visiting Pets or animals that do not belong to the resident of the service site without a separate service contract accepted and signed by each rightful Owner. In the event that emergency veterinary treatment is necessary or requested, BELOVED will escort Pet to veterinary services provider for an additional fee. In a true emergency, BELOVED may need to escort Pet to veterinarian after being unable to reach owner. Owner agrees to hold BELOVED harmless and agrees to pay all costs of veterinary services.
7. Pets Covered: The terms of this document apply to all the Pets owned by the client, including any and all new Pets that the customer obtains on or after the date this document was signed, at any and all locations the Owner designates for service.
8. Minimum Care: BELOVED will not allow dogs to be crated/kenneled or caged for longer than 4 hours a day except overnight from 9pm to 7am. All animals in crates or cages must have access to water at all times and the cage size must allow them to easily turn around or be roughly three times the size of the animal. Dogs must be checked on at least once every 12 hours and Cats must be checked on at least once every 24 hours. However, we highly recommend more visits for your Pet's wellbeing.
9. Minimum Supplies: Pet Owner is responsible for supplying the necessary, safe equipment/supplies needed for care of their Pet(s), including but not limited to a wellfit harness (halter, leash, collar, etc...) for walks, flea medication, poop bags, litter, food, cleaning supplies and medications. Pet Owner authorizes any purchases necessary for the satisfactory performance of duties and welfare of Pet(s). BELOVED reserves the right to purchase food and supplies for Pet(s). Pet Owner agrees to be responsible for the payment of such items, as well as service fees for obtaining items, and will reimburse BELOVED for time, travel and expense within 2 days for all purchases made.
10. Injury to Pet Sitter: Pet Owner will be responsible for all medical expenses and damages resulting from an injury to a Pet Sitter. The Owner will be liable for the Pet Sitter's medical expenses and/or damages that are the result of an animal bite, scratch or fall injury due to Pet's behavior or any injury as a result of an accidental movement by the Pet. Pet Owner agrees to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend BELOVED, in the event of a claim by any person injured by the Pet.
11. Injury to a Human Bystander: Pet Owner will be responsible for all medical expenses and damages resulting from an injury to any person(s) Pet encounters. The Owner will be liable for the Person’s medical expenses and/or damages that are the result of an animal bite, scratch or fall injury due to Pet's behavior or any injury as a result of an accidental movement by the Pet. Pet Owner agrees to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend BELOVED, in the event of a claim by any person injured by the Pet.
12. Injury/Death to Other Domestic Animals: Pet Owner will be responsible for all medical expenses and damages resulting from an injury to any Domestic Animals Pet encounters. The Owner will be liable for the injured animal's medical expenses and/or damages that are the result of an animal bite, scratch or death due to Pet's behavior or any injury as a result of an accidental movement by the Pet. Pet Owner agrees to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend BELOVED, in the event of a claim made by the Domestic Animal's Owner.
13. Emergency: It is suggested that arrangements be made with someone to evacuate your Pets in case of a natural disaster or weather related event/crisis or National Emergency. BELOVED Pet Sitting will definitely try to see to your Pets safety/care should such events occur, but cannot guarantee it. Owner(s) and Emergency Contact(s) will be notified to the best of BELOVED Pet Sitting's abilities, during such a crisis.
14. Pet Sitter Substitution: In the event of a personal emergency, serious illness involving the designated Pet Sitter or other necessity, the Owner authorizes BELOVED to contact and arrange for another BELOVED Sitter or another local, licensed and insured Pet sitting/boarding company to stand in for the Sitter and fulfill the designated tasks as set forth in the service agreement. Every attempt shall be made to inform the Client.
15. Key Handling: I understand BELOVED will not label my key with anything other than my Pet's name on a plastic tag for security purposes. At the end of service reservation the Pet Sitter will keep the key in a secured location until future service is requested or return the key to the lockbox. If I would like my key returned via drop off, I understand there is a $10 fee to get it dropped off at my residence. Leaving the key in a secure location at the residence, at the end of the last requested visit is free. BELOVED has permission to provide my keys to any of it's Sitters that will be providing me with Pet Sitting Services. BELOVED has my permission to make a copy of my key(s) in an emergency at their discretion or with my verbal or written permission.
16. Emergency Termination: BELOVED reserves the right to terminate this contract at any time if the Pet Sitter, in his/her sole discretion determines that Owners Pet poses a danger to the health or safety of itself, other Pets, other people, or the Pet Sitter. If such concerns prohibit the Pet Sitter from caring for the Pet, the Owner may request and/or authorize that the Pet to be placed in a kennel/veterinary clinic (or previously arranged locale), with all charges (including but not limited to transportation, kenneling, treating, accessing, and liability) to be the responsibility of the Owner.
17. Release of Claims Other than Negligence: BELOVED agrees to provide services stated in this agreement in a reliable, caring and trustworthy manner. In consideration of the services as an express condition thereof, the Client expressly waives and relinquishes any and all claims against the company, employees and its independent contractors, except those claims arising from negligence or intentional harm committed by BELOVED. Client agrees to notify BELOVED of any concerns within 24 hours of return.
18. Trespassers: BELOVED is not responsible for any damage to property of the client or others unless such damage is caused by the negligent act or willful misconduct of the Pet Sitter or Company especially if you choose to allow another individual into your home to take care of the Pet(s) during BELOVEDs service period. If Owner chooses to allow another person permitted in the home during the service period, Owner expressly waives and relinquishes any and all claims against the company, employees and its independent contractors, except those claims arising from direct negligence or intentional harm committed by BELOVED against Pet(s). Due to immense property liability issues in the past, we will no longer share pet sitting responsibilities with anyone including extended family members who do not reside in the home, friends or neighbors. We no longer allow home contractors to come into the property while you are away ie. painters, cleaning companies etc. In the event you allow anyone other than BeLoved Pet Sitting into your home for ANY REASON during the days you have reservations with us, you will be in breach of contract, we will cancel remaining services and you will not be issued a refund.
19. Breach: In the event of a breach of this agreement, the prevailing party shall be awarded its attorneys fees and costs.
20. Governing Law/Venue: This Agreement, and any dispute arising from the relationship between the parties to this Agreement, shall be governed and determined by California law. Any dispute that arises under or relates to this Agreement (whether contract, tort, or both) shall be resolved in a court of competent jurisdiction in San Diego County, California, and the parties expressly waive any right they may otherwise have to cause any such action or proceeding to be brought or tried elsewhere.
21. Entire Agreement: This Agreement and all other agreements and exhibits referred to in this Agreement constitute the final, complete, and exclusive statement of the terms of the agreement between the parties pertaining to the subject matter of this Agreement and supersede all prior and contemporaneous understandings or agreements of the parties. No party has been induced to enter into this Agreement by, nor is any party relying on, any representation or warranty outside those expressly set forth in this Agreement.
22. We require that you manually pay your invoice any day prior to your first day of service. If we do not receive payment in full on any invoice within the 7 day grace period following the first day of service, a late payment charge of $30 will be assessed the 7th day and we will try to take automatic payment with the card on file in the pet portal. Interest at 1% per month after 30 days.