RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT (“AGREEMENT”)
In consideration of the services of IQ Fitness/DBA Bucks Sports Barn, their agents, owners, officers, volunteers, employees, and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf (hereinafter collectively referred to as "IQF"), I hereby agree to release, indemnify, and discharge IQF/DBA Bucks Sports Barn, on behalf of myself, my spouse, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate as follows:
1. I acknowledge that my participation in superhero parties, performances, and aerial arts training and instruction activities entails known and unanticipated risks that could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death, or damage to myself, to property, or to third parties. I understand that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity.
The risks include, among other things: slips and falls; falling from equipment; rope burns; pinches, scrapes, twists and jolts that could result in scratches, bruises, sprains, lacerations, fractures, concussions, or even more severe life threatening hazards; strains, cuts, bruises, muscle soreness and fractures; musculoskeletal injuries including head, neck, and back; injuries to internal organs; the negligence of other people; my own physical condition; and the risk of emotional and psychological injuries or physical damage associated with this activity. In any event, if you or your child is injured, any medical assistance will be at your own expense.
Furthermore, IQF/DBA Bucks Sports Barn personnel have difficult jobs to perform. They seek safety, but they are not infallible. They might be unaware of a participant's fitness or abilities. They might misjudge the weather or other environmental conditions. They may give incomplete warnings or instructions, and the equipment being used might malfunction.
2. I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks existing in this activity. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate in spite of the risks.
3. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless IQF/DBA Bucks Sports Barn from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity or my use of IQF's/DBA Bucks Sports Barn equipment or facilities, including any such claims which allege negligent acts or omissions of IQF/DBA Bucks Sports Barn.
4. Should IQF/DBA Bucks Sports Barn or anyone acting on their behalf, be required to incur attorney's fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
5. I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further certify that I am willing to assume the risk of any medical or physical condition I may have.
6. In the event that I file a lawsuit against IQF/DBA Bucks Sports Barn, I agree to do so solely in the state of Georgia, and I further agree that the substantive law of that state shall apply in that action without regard to the conflict of law rules of that state. I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining document shall remain in full force and effect. By signing this document, I acknowledge that if anyone is hurt or property is damaged during my participation in this activity, I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against IQF/DBA Bucks Sports Barn on the basis of any claim from which I have released them herein. I also agree that this document is valid for subsequent visits and participation at IQF/DBA Bucks Sports Barn. I have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document. I have read and understood it, and I agree to be bound by its terms.
Date: August 26, 2019