In consideration of Sun Valley Trekking Company, an Idaho corporation, renting to “Skiers” the designated backcountry hut(s) for the specified dates, the Skiers agree to accept and comply with the following terms and conditions:
- The Skiers agree to pay the usual rental fee ($45/night/person or $180/night/hut minimum, which ever is the larger sum), or a minimum of $360/night for a Private Rental for the use of the hut(s) which includes the use of the cooking equipment, stove and cut firewood in and about the hut(s). The Skier(s) agree not to have outdoor bonfires.
- The Skiers agree to pay Sun Valley Trekking Company for any loss or damage to the hut(s) or any of the equipment in or about the hut(s), reasonable wear and tear accepted, caused by or arising out of the incorrect use of the hut or any hut equipment by the Skiers. Please read the care instructions in the Hut Renter Information binder at the hut and follow the Check-Out List upon hut departure.
- The Skier who does not tour or ski downhill with a hired Sun Valley Trekking guide acknowledges and agrees that the Company is not providing the Skier with any guiding, instruction, outfitting or other professional services of any kind or nature but, instead, is only renting to the Skier the hut(s) and equipment. YOU ARE NOT INSURED UNDER SUN VALLEY TREKKING POLICY.
- BACKCOUNTRY SKIING IS A HAZARDOUS SPORT. The Skier who does not tour or ski downhill with a hired Sun Valley Trekking guide understands and agrees that he or she is competent in backcountry ski skills and safety, knows and voluntarily assumes any and all risks of skiing (touring and downhill) in the backcountry including travel in avalanche hazard terrain. This includes skiing to and from the hut(s) and anywhere in the vicinity of or around or about the hut(s) during the time the Skier is renting the hut(s).
- The Skier assumes full responsibility and liability for the conduct and safety of any minor supervised or brought to the hut(s) by the Skier.
- The Skier hereby releases and forever discharges the Company, its successors, assigns, officers, employees and agents from all future claims, rights, causes of action or liability of any kind whatsoever arising out of or accruing from personal injuries or property losses which may be sustained by the Skier during the period of his or her rental of the hut(s) from the Company. It is provided, however, that any personal injury or property damage sustained by the Skier as a direct result of negligence by the Company in the maintenance or repair of the hut(s) or the hut equipment is specifically excluded from the provisions of this Release.
- The Skier agrees to pay all costs and attorney fees arising from any lawsuit or other legal proceeding brought by the Skier contrary to the terms of this Agreement and Release, which is resolved or determined in favor of the Company.
SIGNATURE MEANS THAT THE RENTER HAS READ, UNDERSTANDS AND ACCEPTS THE TERMS OF THE SUN VALLEY TREKKING COMPANY WINTER HUT RENTAL AGREEMENT AND RELEASE
Date: December 13, 2018