RULES + REGULATIONS
- All Members and Guests must check in at the front desk.
- The Happy Lark reserves the right to close the facility due to inclement weather or unforeseen, uncontrollable circumstances. Every attempt will be made to inform members and guests of such closings.
- Please do not bring your child to The Happy Lark if you think he/she is sick or is getting sick. We ask that a child be fever free for at least 24 hours before returning to the facility.
- The Happy Lark is not responsible for the loss or damage of personal belongings.
- Children and adults are not allowed to wear shoes in our playspace.
- Children seven years old and older may accompany smaller siblings, but will be asked to leave the playspace if they are not playing in a manner that's appropriate for our infant/toddler/preschooler based facility.
- Parents & caregivers are expected to monitor their children within the playspace to ensure the safety of their child(ren) and other children.
- Parents & caregivers are to make certain that their child is playing in an appropriate manner within the space, which includes: not causing harm to him/herself or other children playing and not causing unnecessary harm or damage to the toys, walls, or structures within our space.
- No roughhousing, aggressive behavior, running or fighting.
- Breastfeeding is welcome in any area of our playspace. We also have a private space available for breastfeeding and pumping.
- Outside food and drinks are permitted, but we ask that they be consumed ONLY while seated at our snack table. Due to the large number of children with various food allergies, we ask that you thoroughly clean up after yourself and your child(ren) once you have finished eating. Wipes are provided to clean hand, table, and floor messes -- Please use them!
Assumption of Risk, Indemnification, Release of Liability, and Hold Harmless Agreement
PLEASE READ COMPLETELY AND CAREFULLY BEFORE SIGNING
I, as the parent, legal guardian, or caregiver (“visitor”) of the minor child(ren) listed in this agreement, agree as follows:
Assumption and Acknowledgement of Risk. I understand and acknowledge that the risks associated with the activities provided by and performed at The Happy Lark entail known and unknown risks. These risks include, but are not limited to, cuts, bumps, bruises, or damage to property, as well as far more serious risks that could result in physical or emotional injury to the visitor, the visitor's minor child(ren), or to other persons.
I acknowledge that my minor child(ren) and I could require substantial medical assistance at significant expense to me or to others responsible for medical care and treatment of my family. I freely and personally ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY for all risks, whether foreseen or unforeseen, in connection with my family's participation in activities at The Happy Lark, and I WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE for any loss or damage my family sustains, including, but not limited to, personal injuries or damage to property.
Release of Liability. I, on behalf of my family, heirs, successors, assigns, and anyone claiming any interest through or on behalf of my family, HEREBY KNOWINGLY, INTENTIONALLY, AND VOLUNTARILY PROMISE NOT TO SUE, RELEASE FROM ALL LIABILITY, AND DISCHARGE The Happy Lark for any damage, injury, or loss arising out of or in connection with my family’s participation in activities at The Happy Lark. It is my express purpose to bind my family and I, as well as our heirs, successors, assigns, and anyone claiming any interest through on behalf of my family.
Indemnification. I understand and explicitly agree on behalf of my minor child(ren) and I, as well as our family, heirs, successors, assigns, or anyone claiming an interest through or on behalf of my minor child(ren) and I, to indemnify and hold harmless The Happy Lark and its employees, owners, and volunteers from any loss, liability, damages, or costs, including reasonable attorney’s fees, that they may incur due to the presence of any claims or actions brought or threatened by my minor child(ren) and I, as well as our family, heirs, successors, assigns, or anyone claiming any interest through or on behalf of my family arising out of or in connection with my family's participation in activities at The Happy Lark.
I have read and understand this Agreement and agree to be bound by its terms and conditions. No oral representations or statements or inducements have been made to me that modify anything within the written Agreement.
I hereby verify by my signature that I have read, understood and accept the terms contained herein; and furthermore I voluntarily elect to allow my minor child(ren) and I to participate in activities at The Happy Lark.
By signing this Visitor Agreement, I hereby agree to all of the above statements.
April 26, 2019